1. The Great Big Must Read List : Find Interesting Book Suggestions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Last Lecture - By Randy Pasuch a must for everyone

Discussion in 'Book Lovers' started by pranatim, Jan 20, 2012.

1. pranatim

pranatim Platinum IL'ite

Recently finished this book. Sometimes I smile and sometimes I cried reading this book. A must for everyone. We think our problems are greatest on this earth but read to this author all your worries will vanish in no time.

2. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

The Last Lecture is one of my favourite books.....I also felt like crying at some places.

What a message he gives to his children....in fact to everyone who reads the book....don't stop dreaming, dream, work hard to achieve the dreams. What a legacy he leaves to his children!

It is a must for veryone, I abolutely agree with you. At last I found someone who read this book and liked it also.

It is in Youtube.....his whole lecture.When the video was released millions were glued to their pcs to watch it.

My niece was studying at IIM, Ahmedabad. There they show one film every week in their auditorium and that particular week they showed The last Lecture. Everyone was touched. The next day on the notice board it was written that Pausch died on that day. Everyone was in tears.

3. pranatim

pranatim Platinum IL'ite

Yes Shyamala you should live your life the way he lived. The best ever collection added to my book shelve.

4. RoopaGB

RoopaGB Junior IL'ite

Hey yeah i loved that book too :) ...........its one of the best book i have read too

5. anishastrologer

anishastrologer New IL'ite

I had never heard of this book before. but since it has got so many recommendations will try my hand at it. Is it a work of fiction or non-fiction?

6. pranatim

pranatim Platinum IL'ite

Its a true story about a professor who is a pancreatic cancer patient and lived his life to the fullest. You read it and I am sure you will like it.

7. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

He is a prof. in Carnige mellon University in Pittsburgh in Computor sciences. He is 46 and is diagnoised for Pancreatic cancer and is given a life of one to one and half years to live. He has three kids..5,3 and 1. he thinks that he would not be there when they grow up...to advise and guide them. What all he wants to tell them he gives them in his Last lecture. In that university there is a tradition...every Prof. gives his last lecture to his students on general things. He uses that opportunity to give his Last Lecture to his children and every student in general about dreaming, ambitions and attitudes in life.This is given in the university auditorium in front of big audience. that is the whole book....very very touching and moving. They make a video of it and preserve it for the children to see it when they grow up and can understand it. Please read it. You would not be disappointed.

8. nihasvin

nihasvin Platinum IL'ite

Lovely inspirational book!