1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The hurdle called "My first Blog"

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by charuchitthra, Apr 18, 2008.

1. charuchitthra

charuchitthra Bronze IL'ite

Hi All,

Aah! I am finally here. After 2 months of going over the blogs, thinking, re-thinking I finally decided that I too will blog for whatever it is worth. Until now, I belonged to the silent majority who read blogs, but are too lazy to write a FB. Though paper and ink still appelas to me more than the monitor, I like reading blogs too. And I love reading as much as I love eating.(saapattu rami) I am one of the few people whom technology catches up with last.( I dint ve a mobile phone until my last year in college& managed to stay blindfolded to the presence of orkut and youtube until last year, when they have been literally making people addicted for quite sometime now) And me being a Siddha doc, which is as far removed from technology as it can be (bringing out siddhars system of treatment) dint help either. I don say I don like being technologically advanced but I managed to stay blissfully ignorant. After reading so many blogs, The blogging bug bit me too.

I never fancied myself as a writer as language was never my strong forte. I decided to blog when my interest to connect to people overtook my inhibitions about making a fool of myself.

So wat do I write about in my first blog? Something auspicious like Pillayarsuzhi or Pillayar itself. But discussing spiritual issues is something one would do after having wide-range of experiences and gaining mental maturity. I dont think even Pillayar ll stand it if I did that, as I have always been one of the worst "Bhakthai" He has ever got, nagging Him innumerable times everyday, scolding Him if He dint grant my wishes and sometimes even if He grants it too.(Then I ll say I was foolish enough to ask, but being God U shud know better than to grant me that wish).

So should I blog about my system of medicine? Sure. That too. But that needs more preparation time.

So wat do I write about in a quicker time and lesser preperation time like say a starter for a dinner, something to munch on( See I told u I am a foodie) ? I don promise my dinner s gonna be sumptuos and grand, but I promise to try my level best to make it worth ur time.( I wanted this First blog hurdle outta my way soon as it was getting me nervous.)

Still am faced with the big question of wat to write for a first blog. Its making a very good first impression. If i am a champion in blogs I wud probably plan a grand entry in the likes of Rajini's in his movies. But am not. But I would love to be a batsman hitting century on his debut. HMMMPH. Am raelistic enough to realise that task as impossible.

So here I am writing about how much time I stared outta my balcony before writing a sentence( I consoled myself saying thats wat great writers do) &all the papers I crumpled and threw before I cud come up with a gud topic& all the time I got verbally constipated, & all the time I decided I was totally a "gone case" to venture out to blog.

I hope atleast my second blog would be an easier normal delivery on me as well as on U people. This one was a real C-section. Wat do u say?

Regards,
    CC

2. Ria2006

Ria2006 Silver IL'ite

Welcome to Blogging! Interesting rendition!

Ria

3. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Welcome to Bloggin:) you are doing great I think.. normal delivery if I may say! congrats:)

4. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

Dear Charuchithra,

You've already started very well. I am sure you'll do fantastic. We look forward to more blogs from you!!

Love,
    Devika

5. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

to start? No, you have witten a fairly long post, on, as you say "nothing'"!
    I personally feel, blogging is just one's expression, call it sharing.
    Those who want to read, let them read.
    Those who want to give you a reply, let them post feedbacks.
    So long as you enjoy blogging, go ahead, putting your best in action(here, writing) & just do not bother about how well it is received.
    There is real pleasure in action than in expecting & waiting for result.
    If I can enjoy blogging at this age, why not you??
    Do not bother about takers.
    Love,
    Chithra.

6. charuchitthra

Dear Ria,
    That was my first blog and your comment was my first one. Ill always cherish that. I am a regular visitor to ur blog pages n also an admirer at how u analyse the issues of the mind.Ur comments means a lot to me.

Regards,
    CC

7. charuchitthra

I am so happy to get a comment from U,.Anandchithra the great who comments first on blogs of stalwarts like Chitvish ,Cheeniya sir , and so many others. Thank u for taking the time to read my post and comment on it.

Regards,
    CC

8. charuchitthra

Thank u very much for ur time n ur comment. It feels very good when a novice in blogging like me gets comments from the champions like u. Thank u so much

Regards,
    CC

9. charuchitthra

Dear Chithra madam,
    Ur comment made my day. Its like getting comments from Vashistar. Am delighted and honoured. U r very right about enjoying the blog for blogging rather than getting comments. But a novice like me feels so invigorated and encouraged by comments from the likes of u. Thank u.

Regards,
    CC

10. Ria2006

Ria2006 Silver IL'ite

Thats very sweet of you. Now come on! we are waiting for another post from you.

Ria