1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Hurdle And The Ladder

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by varalotti, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Coffeelover

Coffeelover Platinum IL'ite

Sridhar,

Very powerful story. You wrote it the right time. Yesterday, my cousin broke our friendship because of silly statement. We have done lot for their family. I was so upset until I read your story. I want to be like your name sake Sridhar. I may not able to do it right away, but will try to forget and forgive the incident or erase from my memory completely.

Thanks for sharing your thought Sridhar.

Peace Be with you.

2. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

3. varalotti

Remember Coffeelover that forgiving our enemies is the most selfish act. For if we do not forgive we'd be the ones who'd be the most affected. When you decide not to forgive you will have to keep your wounds afresh by licking it every now and then. That's not healthy for our mind.

Even if we can't be as forgiving as the Sridhar in the story, we can at least keep away from the wrong doers and stop wishing them bad luck.

As I have been repeatedly telling in these columns simply because I write stories like this I am in no way better than any of you. I was hurt by a person. Forgiving that was way difficult. I am still attempting. Meanwhile I stopped relating to that person just to avoid any fresh wounds. May be after some time I might forgive completely. But to relate to that person again.. well that's impossible Coffee Lover.

Stop relating to your cousin. But do not have strong thoughts against her. That's the practical way out.
    sridhar

4. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Oh wow!
    Loved this one. Not only are you initiating me into the world of Rumi, you are also making me feel helpless and forlorn. Will I be able to climb the ladder if it were placed in front of me, would I be able to recognize the ladder in the first place?!

L, Kamla

5. varalotti

If it be of any consolation to you, well, the feeling of helplessness of being forlorn.. it's mutual. I had to issue a very strong caveat right in the beginning and keep reinforcing it from time to time.. that I am not what I write. The state of Dalai Lama and the Sridhar in the story is my ideal state, which is light years away from my present state.
    Let me tell you a secret, my dear friend. I gave this fictional character my own name in the fond hope that the similarity of names might one day urge me to follow his footsteps.
    love,
    sridhar

6. varalotti

Dears,
    It's already Wednesday. Time to discuss another heavy subject. This time it's God's Cruelty.

God's Cruelty! - IndusLadies

And as usual there will be Kutti Blog on Friday to relieve the stress.

Have a great day, ladies.
    love,
    sridhar