1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Hottest Summer

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Jun 8, 2016.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

In my 72 yrs life first time experiencing so much heat. On the start of Agni nakshatram on 4th May we started our travel to Kerala. We were there for 10 days in different parts of Kerala. Did not feel much heat there like Mumbai. We were in Kerala only for four days. Got to spend some time in AC during that time. Luckily going and coming we went by IIIrd AC so did not feel the heat. But after coming back to Mumbai could not bear the heat. In this house we are not able to fix the AC as there is some problem. Somehow managing in the nights with ceiling fan and table fan. The table fan which my daughter has left gives good breeze and is somewhat like AC. But that we use only in the nights. During the day though I dont perspire much itching is there. Last Thursday had gone for a marriage which was in AC hall , so did not feel the heat. Could have stayed there till night for dinner but we were very tired so came back . Whatever it is whether you have AC or not, your homeis the best . Now Agni nakshatram is also over but heat is still troubling. Feel sorry for the workers who work in the hot sun. They must be used to it.

My husband also feels very hot but still when there is death in a family he has to go there. In two days he goes to the site also whether the rites are performed to get the money . Sometimes he goes walking only He never believes in living comfortably. The other day we had gone to my brother in law's house who is in West , he told me to take an auto and leave him at the station , from where he said he will go to the east and walk to the place where he had to go for 13th day celebration. He could have come with me and gone to that place but he never listens. I pray to God to keep him always healthy

At least this year we went to Kerala, Pune , otherwise have to suffer here with this heat. Now waiting for rains and then if it pours and does not stop will say hope the rain stops. But after experiencing the heat this time people in Mumbai will love the rains, so that we need not have any water problem and so much heat next summer

Rain God please hear our prayers and visit us soon, we are waiting to receive you with love and affection

Goodgod, Amica, kaniths and 5 others like this.

2. knbg

knbg Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vitamin aunty,
    Glad that you escaped the heat a little by your trip to Kerala....
    Many of our Mumbaikaar friends are saying the same...very very hot this year...wishing and praying that rain god would visit Mumbai soon...
    Till then stay hydrated and please avoid going out in hot sun...take care dear aunty...

vaidehi71 and iyerviji like this.
  3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thankyou so much my loving niece for bringing a smile on my face with your first feedback. Yes dear I was happy too that I escaped the Mumbai heat for sometime and enjoyed the marriages and seemantham and spent good time with relatives. Hope God will hear your prayers and send the rain soon . Ya dear as far as possible I avoid going in the sun, feel sorry for uncle as he has to go . Thanks dear for your concern , love you

knbg likes this.
  4. Harini73

Harini73 Platinum IL'ite

Viji ma,

Good that you were able to escape to Kerala and Pune for some time at least.
    This year heat wave is very severe every where.Even in Chennai and Hyderabad all are saying the same.All are waiting for rain.Thankfully it has started raining in South at least. Hoping and praying that Mumbai will also get good rains this year very soon.

Both of you take care till then and ask uncle to avoid walking in this hot sun.
    Take care.

iyerviji likes this.
  5. vaidehi71

vaidehi71 IL Hall of Fame

Seems the vitamin has helped you recover well.
    Take care.

iyerviji and knbg like this.
  6. vaidehi71

vaidehi71 IL Hall of Fame

Mami,

Hope you get some relief from the heat.
    Well, also take rest at home, in this hot weather over there.

Take care.

iyerviji likes this.
  7. Agatha83

Agatha83 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viji,

Sorry to hear about your plight, but the consolation is that when many parts of Maharashtra face severe drought conditions, at least Mumbaikars are lucky, getting drinking water regularly. Hope the SW monsoon brings bountiful rains and spare the agony, the state and its people are undergoing presently.
    Agatha83

iyerviji likes this.
  8. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vijima, we can only pray to the Gods to shower Mumbai with some blessings. I am sure it would not be long coming.

Bangalore has had some tremendously heavy showers in the last week. The weather has become really cool, roads have been jammed and electricity has been playing truant because of rains (all summer they did not have enough water - so no power). :-D

iyerviji likes this.
  9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Yes dear this year heat is more everywhere. Thanks for your prayers , hope rain comes soon. Today its a little less. Thanks dear for your concen about us, I dont go much out but since uncle is busy in social service he has to go out

10. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Very true Vaidehi dear, that has made her write an excellent snippet too