1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Horror!!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by lovelyme, Jan 17, 2012.

1. lovelyme

lovelyme Silver IL'ite

It was a week end. All my hostel mates were staying since the semester exams were going on. Since our hostel was a newly built one and it had started functioning after a long gap of about 20 years.

In every hostel, there would be a past history of suicide and loitering of an unsatisfied ghost. Our hostel also had a past history said by our seniors. But the story was a bit different. Previously our hostel was a boys hostel and one of the inmates was stabbed and murdered in front of his class mates and a teacher:shaking:. We had no room not to believe that story as our college had a very horrifying history some twenty years back:spin.

In the beginning we were very scared though some people like me had a previous experience of staying in another hostel. Slowly we forgot or the happy moments at the hostel made us forget those stories:cheers.

It was the time of our third semester exams and one day while we were studying, one of our hostel cooks came to us (Since my friend was the hostel leader and we were the seniors) and told that they were experiencing some weird things for the past few days like hearing knocking sound at the doors around 12 O'clock midnight, some whispering voices and somebody walking outside their room with iron chains in their legs etc:shaking:.

My friend was a very bold and courageous girl but she never dared to hinder herself with the ways of ghosts. But I had some obvious doubts that some of the in mates might be playing fun with them. So we decided to sit outside of our rooms and study for the following days as the cooks' room was just at the opposite of our rooms. We couldn't find anything wrong and everything seemed to be normal. But in the mornings they still complained us about their weird disturbances. We were very upset to hear that because we were sitting just opposed to their room with all the switches on for almost the whole night:spin.

Next day was a Saturday and we were busy writing our exams and preparing for our next paper on Monday. For me and my friend we had only two more papers. So the night was not so very tough for us. We two were sitting outside our room talking. Suddenly one of our juniors came running to us. She was very scared and sweated like any thing.

My friend asked what was wrong with her. She told one of her room mates was acting very strange. So my friend hurried to their room with that girl (Duty of a leader..!!) to have a look at her. She had already informed me not to say anything about that to my other room mates as it might disturb their studies. I was looking at their room and all the junior girls were buzzing in there. Their room was the one next to the room of the cooks.

My friend came to me after half an hour and she told me to have a look at her. So gathering all my courage I visited her. She was sitting at her cot in a strange way with a weird look in her face. Her eyes were popping out and often she bent down to look under the cot.

I asked her what was going on and why she was looking under the cot. She stared at me and answered me in a rough voice that some one was lying under the cot in a pool of blood:evil:. One of her room mates tried to console her saying there was no one. She really got angry and asked her whether she was blind as she was very clearly seeing a man with iron chains tied to his legs and blood all over his body.

We all were dump struck. Gradually everyone came to know about the matter and were visiting her. She shook her head strongly and unkempt her hair and kept it loose. She murmured something and was sitting like a strong statue:hide:.

Somebody told her if she slept it would be okay. But she refused to sleep. So somebody advised to take her with us to our room and there by providing her moral support and courage (Leader's room... eh?):bonk. We took her with us and our other room mates were visibly not welcoming the idea. She was made to sit on my cot and some prayers were said. But she was adamant not to sleep. She was by that time saying strange things. She said that someone stabbed her and she went to a graveyard and so many things we couldn't understand:bang.

She was awake till 3 AM and my room mates too. They were very scared to sleep when she was awake. They were afraid of her than the ghost with an iron chain. Sunday morning we all had a pair of red eyes each and the rest is history:rant.

1 person likes this.

2. shashiv

shashiv Gold IL'ite

Lovelyme....

That was really horror... it happens in hostels... Your stories Fictions and snippets are getting great and encouraging us to read till end...

Shanti

3. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

That was really scary lovely me... But what happened later!! Could you people solve that mystery or how it concluded??

4. lovelyme

lovelyme Silver IL'ite

Thank you very much for your first FB Shanti dear.

It was a real horror and still I wonder how could a girl can talk like in that weird strange tone and what she talked are all matters beyond our imaginations. It is very scary to me even if I happen to remember that incident now.

5. lovelyme

lovelyme Silver IL'ite

Thank you Pallavi dear for your FB .

Sorry to say No. We couldn't find the solution. But we happened to know that guy's name and did a small detective job and confirmed that there was indeed a boy in that name staying in the hostel from the old registers. But the ghost mystery remains unsolved till.. (The girl came back to normalcy after a day or two)

6. sushmavja

sushmavja Platinum IL'ite

that was real scary..what happened then?

7. lovelyme

lovelyme Silver IL'ite

Hi Sushma,

Thank you for your FB.

Then the days followed had prayers and slowly we forgot everything as usual. But often in mates were disturbed. But they were minor incidents. Some complained of smelling incense and jasmine and hearing anklet sounds... But who knows the reality?

8. anurar20

anurar20 IL Hall of Fame

scary one............good

9. lovelyme

lovelyme Silver IL'ite

10. pankajzone

pankajzone New IL'ite

Hi All I joined today and I got a real scary..welcome.

Regards

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2012