1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The heroine

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by maalti, May 12, 2011.

1. maalti

maalti Gold IL'ite

It was Mina’s first night. She went into the bedroom with dreams like all the newly wed brides. Her husband was sitting in the bed. He smiled at her. She blushed. He came near her and hugged her. She buried her face in his chest and closed her eyes. Suddenly she had a burning sensation in her back. She cried out involuntarily and stepped back and was shocked to see her husband holding a cigarette in his hand. He had pressed the burning cigar in her back. She started crying. “Now”, he said, “don’t cry. Come here”. He took two steps towards her and she retreated back, feeling frightened. He crossed her, opened a cabin in the corner of the room, took a bottle and glass and started pouring himself a drink. He drank it in one gulp, came near her and pulled her towards him. Everything was over before it began and her dreams were shattered. She didn’t mention anything about it to her parents in the morning since she was the second daughter in her family and there were two more daughters to be married off. Her brother was studying. Her husband came home drunk every evening and her thighs, back and all the covered portions of her body had the burnt marks of cigar butts. And amidst all this, she became pregnant. Her parents took her home for delivery and she delivered a beautiful baby boy.

It was time to go back to her husband. She was so scared. She poured out everything to her mom who couldn’t do anything but cry. She decided to live for her son and her world became her son. Her husband was earning a decent salary but he gave very little money to her to meet the expenses. He also started beating her if she asked for money. She became pregnant again. Her first son was two years old then. He was so scared of his father and he loved his mother. It was a Saturday. She felt tired as she was in the advance stage of her second pregnancy. Her husband had gone to the office and she finished all the household works and sat down to take some rest. The calling bell rang. She went and opened the door. She saw a man standing there. “Is this Palani’s house”? he asked. “Yes, who are you?” she asked. He saw that she was pregnant. “Is there no one else at the house” he asked again. “Why, I am here. Tell me what the matter is” she replied. He seemed to hesitate and she saw four others joining him. “What is the matter?” she asked anxiously. “We are your husband’s colleagues. I am sorry to say this. Your husband met with an accident this morning and is very serious” he said.

She felt giddy and cried aloud. Someone caught hold of her. By evening, her husband’s body was brought home wrapped in a sheet. In a matter of four years, her whole life had been doomed. After one month, she delivered a girl. All her in-laws started cursing the little baby as they thought she had brought ill luck to the family.

She was offered a job in her husband’s office. She accepted the offer and started working in the office. But her in laws refused to take care of her children and created all sorts of troubles to her and her kids. Finally she went to her mother’s house. But she felt that her own brother and sisters felt her as burden. She took a small flat for rent near her parents’ house and shifted there. Her mom agreed to come to her flat and take care of her children till she returned from work. With great struggle she brought up the kids.

Her son studied very well and got admission in a good college. He got a good job in the campus and she married off her daughter. Her responsibilities were over to a great extent. She had never gone out anywhere in her entire life and had never enjoyed anything. So her son decided to take her on a pleasure trip. She discussed it with her sisters and they all decided to go to Darjeeling. Her son went to book the tickets. She was very tired. So she decided to lie down for some time. She went into the bedroom, lied in the bed and closed her eyes. Slowly she started sleeping.

Someone knocked the door. She opened the door. Her son was standing. He was crying. “What happened Kanna? Have you booked the tickets? ” she asked him sympathetically. “Mom, oh Mom”!, he cried; “while going I met with an accident and lost my life”. “No” she cried. “Why is this happening again and again to me? What sin did I commit other than taking care of my family”? she cried out. “Mom, please come with me mom” his son seemed to be saying. “I am so scared”. “Don’t worry dear, I will come with you. She joined hands with her son and both of them started their journey.

Mina’s relatives were shocked to find both the mom and the son dead at about the same time though at different locations.

Hi friends, how are you all? As I had mentioned in my previous blog, I and my DH are passing through the toughest phase in our life. So I couldn’t blog frequently. I shall be able to do so once we come out of the problem. Don’t forget to give your valuable comments.

Thyagarajan likes this.

2. mssunitha2001

mssunitha2001 IL Hall of Fame

Keep thinking positively only....You just pray to God with all your faith....

[​IMG]

She will set right all the things for you ...Just believe...

3. maalti

maalti Gold IL'ite

Hi Sunitha, thank u very much. Yes, the faith keeps me going. Thank u dear

4. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Maalti,
    Missed you here in IL. You and your DH will surely be in our prayers.

The story was very tragic and yet in a way very good. I am sure no one who reads the story will ever forget it.

Good work Maalti.

Blog more. That will be a change for you.
    sridhar

5. maalti

maalti Gold IL'ite

Dear Sir, Thank u so much. Infact we need as much of prayers from all the good hearts of IL.

6. vidchakra

vidchakra Platinum IL'ite

dear maalti, first of all a very interesting story... I could never guess the climax.
    My prayers to god to give you all the strength...

7. sojourner

sojourner Silver IL'ite

Let me join the others in wishing you good luck in coming out of your current crisis.

8. mssunitha2001

mssunitha2001 IL Hall of Fame

very Good narration....!!!!!!!!!!

sorry did not write about that yday !!!!

But may I request you to write something which ends on a positive note....it does lift your mood !!!!!!!!!!!

Try it out and feel the difference ...!!!!!!!

THINK POSITIVE
    and YOU WILL TALK POSITIVE
    TALK POSITIVE
    and YOU WILL BE POSITIVE
    BE POSITIVE
    and NOTHING WILL BE IMPOSSIBLE FOR YOU
    YOU CAN DO ALL THE THINGS THROUGH GOD
    WHO GIVES YOU POWER TO DO SO !!!!!!!!!!!

9. sreemanavaneeth

sreemanavaneeth Gold IL'ite

Dear Maalti,

My prayers for you. All the best. Surely your prayers will be answered.

10. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear maalti,

May god give you the strength to go on during this tough phase in your life.... you will be in my prayers.

Akila