1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Happiness Of Your Life Depends On The Quality Of Your Thoughts

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Jun 25, 2016.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

A beautiful life does not just happen . Its built daily with love, laughter, sacrifice, patience, grace and forgiveness. Many relations come into our life… like rain on ocean
    but only some can take the best place like a drop which fortunately becomes a pearl.

In present world on line friends are more friendly and caring than our own relations. Only some know how to welcome people, appreciate people. It should be in our blood or we should learn in our life. In the same family also each one is different.

Recently only I became friend with a lady from facebook . I think since last November we are friends. She is so friendly, homely , loving and caring. Last time when we met for a marriage she only recognised me and came and spoke to me. She told her dil to take our photo from her mobile. Since she had taken I did not take. Both were wearing the same colour saree only the border was different. she has many friends , so was busy talking with someone or other leaving her husband. Later her husband was saying everytime when I saw you I thought its you because both are of the same height and both wearing the same colour. Good I did not embarass you by asking something or touching you he said. She invited me for her grandson's thread ceremony which was yesterday and said we should definitely come. Later after I came back she phoned in the evening saying her grandson erased the photo which was taken and she was feeling very bad.

Yesterday we went for the ceremony. First her dil and son saw us and gave a warm welcome. Later she came and was so happy seeing us , she also gave a warm welcome and first thing she told the photographer to take our photo with our husband. The photographer was asking whether we are sisters for which she said we are close friends. During the function also though she was busy she never forgot to call us when their son, dil and grandson took asirvadam from elders. She introduced to everyone in the family and made us feel at home and I never felt we are on line friends , felt as if I know her since ages . She has two sons and they and their wives are also very loving and friends.

Be thankful for everybody in your life Good or bad, past or present they all made you the person that you are today.

So true we learn so much in life. Those who are not good with us also teach us

Relationship is like a garden . Its beautiful when watered with love, hug, tears and cheers. But it dries up if left untouched so keep in touch always.

Life is not about the people who are sincere in front of you
    Life is about those who are honest behind your back

Everything we hear is anopinion, not afact
    Everything we see is a perspective not the truth

Friendship is not about supporting your friends even when you know they are wrong
    That not friendship . Thats being an enabler. Thats being an accomplice
    Friendship is loving somone enough to tell them to stop being an idiot before they ruin their lives

Ramudada, VaniVyas, deepv and 7 others like this.

2. RatnaMalliswari

RatnaMalliswari Gold IL'ite

Hello mam
    Your connected with words for relation,I hope many more people will get connect after reading. People get into touch with others when they move and talk to each other,but here I am getting connected with words.I am privileged to be here.Especially I am connected with your post.
    Ratna Malliswari.

Poetlatha and iyerviji like this.
  3. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Thank you Ratna dear for making me happy with your first boni. Glad to know you feel privileged to be her and feel connected to my post. I always feel this is not a site but a loving family. So we are all blessed to be part of this loving family. So let us enjoy each other's friendship and bring success to this loving site and to Jey and Malathy because of whom we are here

Poetlatha and RatnaMalliswari like this.
  4. RatnaMalliswari

RatnaMalliswari Gold IL'ite

Hi mam,
    Yeah great platform to be happy and share instant thoughts,Jey and Malathy are ever praising person.My infinity thanks to them.

iyerviji likes this.
  5. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Very nicely put Vijima. We can cry all we like for what is not or for what could have been or what should have been. It does not change anything. Why not be grateful for all we have got? 10 - 15 years ago having online friends or meeting them in real life was not even a dream, forget being a reality. Today we have such wonderful opportunities to make friends, friends who we would not have even known existed if it was not for the internet. Very often, these friends are dear because we meet them after exchanging so many thoughts and interacting online, which sort of ensures that we know what kind of people we are dealing with and that we do share something in common.

Poetlatha, iyerviji and kaniths like this.
  6. ashima10

ashima10 Platinum IL'ite

Loved your last paragraph !! So true and only a gem of a person can say that. You are truly the one.
    True about online friends too we seem to get more connected to online friends may be as someone said because we share so much thoughts and idea that we can ensure that frequency matches.

Plus most of us are usernames without face...can be changed anytime .

I would also like to warn you authenticity and other security concerns when you make friends online. Just for your safety Viji Ma. The real world out there is dangerous place so are some pepale who are masked in online world.

Take care !

Poetlatha and iyerviji like this.
  7. padma0604

padma0604 Silver IL'ite

That was a nice snippet. What you said in the last paragraph is absolutely true.

iyerviji likes this.
  8. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viji,
    A thoughtful snippet with loveable quotes.
    Normally I talk with others freely and exchange ideas and I become friendly very easily.My husband always wants to keep an arm's length.
    When a theme park was opened ,we just went with my daughter and grandchildren.There I met a girl of my daughter's age with a baby in arms. She didn't come for the rides.As my daughter and kids were going from ride to ride,I was taking care of the luggages and the girl ( Neela)told me that she was working for a govt dept and she was a post graduate belonging to our native district etc etc.
    Before leaving she got my address and phone number and got my signature in her Autograph book, since it was her nature to carry Autograph book wherever she went.
    She invited me and husband for the first birth day of the child.My husband didn't come.I attended the function.I was introduced by her to all her relatives.

There was absolutely no connection.After seven or eight months, some one from the famous Jainson Shop came home on a sunday.My husband was talking and I offered them coffee.They were canvassing for their domestic products.Amidst conversation they asked me whether my name is so and so.

I was startled.How could he know my name and job details while we have not even visited the shop once.
    Then the matter was revealed.They showed me a document - a guarantee in which my signature appeared as I used to sign in all papers.
    We came to know that one Neela, whom I met in the Theme park has purchased household Items for Rs 75,000/--Fridge,TV, washing machine,A/ C etc etc on instalment basis. When they insisted on a guarantee given by someone known to her, she had simply forged my signature as in her Autograph book , my name,address and job details which were given by me during my visit to the Theme park.She paid only two instalments and kept quiet.The shop ,in order to get payments came to our house.As per the guarantee,the guarantor had to pay the money in case the original buyer defaulted.
    It was a shock to me.The simple signature in the Autograph book of a stranger had drawn us this far.We revealed that it was not at all my signature and our only association was our meeting in a park and she was totally a stranger to us.

My husband became very angry,.We went to their house after taking xerox copies of the documents.We threatened her about the dangerous consequences of forging signature.She accepted that her desire for furnishing home at a single step, persuaded her in committing the crime.
    We got it in writing ,made the guarantee null and void and advised the shop keeper to proceed as per their rules.
    I have totally cut away all her contacts.Had a nice scolding my my husband.It was a great lesson learnt.
    I never expected that I,a very careful person, branded to be very cautious at each step , being aware of so many frauds at the banking system would be deceived by a young girl of 25.I don't understand how the shops accept a guarantee not signed in their presence.
    Had the shop keeper not stepped into our house ,the matter would have gone to Court and deduction of salary from a court of law thro Garnishee Order is a punishable offence in our office.
    I never have a face book account, do not give my phone or personal details to any stranger .Yes, it is better to keep arm's length in this world.
    I have strictly warned my children/grandchildren not to part with any personal details.
    Autograph, a dangerous villain in my case.

jayasala 42

9. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Shocking how the shop accepted her signing as guarantor. Surely she filled the form out in front of them?

iyerviji and jayasala42 like this.
  10. kollen

kollen Bronze IL'ite

I do agree with the fact that our thoughts can make things either more comfortable or more painful.

Good snippet. Good initiative.

iyerviji likes this.