The great indian thali............................ Tgit

Discussion in 'Shopping/Restaurants in Bangalore' started by mathangikkumar, Dec 6, 2011.

1. mathangikkumar

mathangikkumar Platinum IL'ite

THE GREAT INDIAN THALI A Veg concept Hospitality P. Ltd. is opened at Lotus- 612/1, 80 feet road, Koramangala .
    Cuisines :
    North Indian
    Timings:
    11 AM to 3 PM , 7 PM to 11 PM

We visited this restaurant to celebrate my birthday party in advance on the 12 th of November as we had my sister-in-law from Chennai .She hardly had anytime to binge North Indian dishes.
    To specially treat her taste buds ,my son suggested we go and explore this TGIT.

A very good place for vegetarian families , 24 items are served .
    The starters are quite a variety and one has to hold the tongue so that one does not miss on other items. The chutneys given for the samosas are very deliciousand tempting with neither too pungent nor very bland.

Surprisingly, I did not find any common vegetables likebindi,cauliflower, brinjal, cabbage etc.The salad itself is quite filling and tasty.The rotis are a variety ,the main course a mixture of all combination.
    Servers are quick and the unlimited servings makes one to go for the " man pasand " items.

I could recall for starters:

samosa,
    aloo tikki,
    dhokla,
    dahi balla,
    raita,
    papad,
    salad.

main course :
    dal makkani,
    urad,chana dal tadka
    beans and capsicum lababdar
    soya bean ,mutter curry
    paneer makhani,
    ( and one more I do not remember )
    roti :
    phulka
    paratha
    meithi poorie
    bati
    rice variety:
    curd rice
    onion pulao
    steam rice
    Desserts
    shrikand
    gulab jamun
    kheer
    ladoo

Monotonous two types of menu for the entire week might make foodies to throng the other restaurant , so changing the menu would do wonders!
    ............................................................................

Coming to the observations:

• Ambiance is mixed, not so ethnic or purely Indian "zara hatke" with a slight modern look.
    • Prompt, friendly "serve with a smile services".

• It's worth mentioning the seating arrangements. A low seating where you can fold your knees as you do while sitting on the floor, second the regular, normal ,dining height chairs and tables, the third one like the bar seating . A mix of all types makes the restaurant look nice and attractive.
    • The not so common menu takes one by surprise , not the typical sabjis one finds in any given menu.
    • Missing is the Indian welcome drink like buttermilk, jal jeera or sherbet.
    • Last but not the least the unusually shaped cutlery is refreshingly different, attractive and well-suited to the cuisine.

3 people like this.

2. Coffeelover

Coffeelover Platinum IL'ite

First, le tme wish you "Happy Birthday". Your description of the menu and restaurant is so tempting. I would love to taste it when I visit Bangalore.

When is your birthday???

3. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Happy bday wishes to you:)
    The feedback on the restaurant is wonderful and it makes me wanna visit there ASAP ;) I remember reading about TGIT somewhere, but a first hand review like this is always great to have.

1 person likes this.
  4. mathangikkumar

mathangikkumar Platinum IL'ite

it's over on 19 th november

5. spuppala

spuppala Gold IL'ite

Belated wishes to you :)
    The description itself is so yummy ;)

6. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mathangi ji,

Belated birthday wishes!!

A yummy review!! would definetly like to check it out when i visit b'lore.

7. Special

Special Silver IL'ite

Belated wishes :) the menu itself seems yummy,will give a try definitely....thanks for review :)