The "Great Indian" Puzzle Thread!

Discussion in 'Online Games & Puzzles' started by priyum, Nov 22, 2006.

1. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Sonia - scores tally!

Hi Sonia,

Looks like Priyum has got tied up on something. Do you mind updating the scores tally for this month? You should be able to update the first post in this thread with scores as priyum did.

2. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Congratulations!

Congratulations Preethi! We are in the process of printing some T-Shirts for our community. We will send you one as soon as it is ready! We are printing different sizes and will get your size before shipping them to you.

Slgayatri, you just missed by one point. Make it up on the Jan puzzles!

Sihi, Heena, Malar, Anitha, Jayalakshmi, anjana, Surya, Krishnamma, Shal and Sonia, Thank you for participating and making this thread fun and interesting. This was one of the most popular threads in December. Lets make January thread even more popular and challenging!

Malathy

3. sonia

sonia Bronze IL'ite

my pleasure

Hi Induslady,

Its my pleasure to do so. I did that after reading ur msg. I want to give space bwn member name and puzzles solved. I did this but when it came there was no space.I don't know why? Plz tell me the way to do.

Thanks
    Sonia

4. sonia

sonia Bronze IL'ite

Preethi,U r right

Hi Preethi,

U r right. I opened this thread to post the answer as its so many days to post the puzzle and no answer was there.But I saw ur answer and U r right:clap

5. Preethi

Preethi Gold IL'ite

A great job from all other ILites...

Dear Malathy,

Thanks for the announcement. It was real fun participating in the Puzzle thread...Gayarthri, I must admit, your spirit and enthusiasm for this thread and your intelligence (by giving correct solutions) , all put together, was a close competition for me and I had to literally be on guard looking for new puzzle and solving/posting answers before yours...You did a great job...hope you would win the January Puzzle thread this time.

It was a good try from all other participants too.

Malathy, it was a good idea to start a games thread like this, which was really very interesting and entertaining....More than the prize, it was the fun that I had, along with many other ILites in this thread that really mattered. I can see lots of other games following suite...This puzzle games thread was definitely a trend-setter in our website.

Priyum also requires a special mention and appreciation for her patience and meticulous care taken in maintaining the score board. Great work priyum and hats off to you for that.

Love,
    Preethi

6. ish_nalini

ish_nalini Senior IL'ite

PUZZ - 3 ***(STAR)

Here is a short and sweet to tease you sorry your brain!!!

Puzz
    1* A snail is at the bottom of a 20 meters deep pit. Every day the snail climbs 5 meters upwards, but at night it slides 4 meters back downwards.

The Question: How many days does it take before the snail reaches the top of the pit?

2 * Hans is standing behind Gerrie and at the same time Gerrie is standing behind Hans.

The Question: How is this possible?

3* The poor have it,
    the rich want it,
    but if you eat it you will die.

The Question: What is this?

Last edited: Jan 19, 2007
  7. sonia

sonia Bronze IL'ite

my try

Hi Nalini,

here r my answers. let me know right or wrong.........

ans. 1) 16 days

as snail moves 5 inch in day but slips 4 inch in night that means it will cover distance of 1 mile per day.

15 miles in 15 days but on 16th day it will cover 5 inches and it will fall on night.But as we r talking abt days so 16 days shd b the answer.

---------------------
    ans. 2) my guess is they r standing in front of mirror.

I m thinking abt 3rd one still no guess but I m trying.

8. ish_nalini

ish_nalini Senior IL'ite

Dear Induslady ,
    I want to know whether i can consider person who PM'd me the right answer???

9. ish_nalini

ish_nalini Senior IL'ite

Dear sonia ,

U'r answer for first question is CORRECT but not the second....Surprise to see u as a point scorer and as a point board incharger!!! All the best for your dual role...Get going with other two puzz

10. ish_nalini

ish_nalini Senior IL'ite

let me publish the answer for PUZZ 1:
    Solution to: Climbing Snail
    On the first day, the snail reaches a height of 5 meters and slides down 4 meters at night, and thus ends at a height of 1 meter.
    On the second day, he reaches 6 meters, but slides back to 2 meters.
    On the third day, he reaches 7 meters, but slides back to 3 meters.

On the fifteenth day, he reaches 19 meters, but slides back to 15 meters.
    On the sixteenth day, he reaches 20 meters, so now he is at the top of the pit!
    Conclusion: The snail reaches the top of the pit on the 16th day!...