1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Great Indian Laughter Challenge -II Back from 24th February

Discussion in 'TV' started by Chandni, Feb 5, 2006.

1. Chandni

Chandni New IL'ite

After so much of glycerin style of crying, it's now the turn of laughter shows on Indian television. Enough is enough for "Saas Bahu" type of TV serials. The most popular show is The Great Indian Laughter Champions selected from The Great Indian Laughter Challenge part-I. The team consists of many fresh comedians and poets like Sunil Pal, Ehsaan Qureshi, Bhagwant Mann, Raju Shrivastava, Naveen Prabhakar, Parag Kansara etc. The comments by Shekhar Suman and Navjot Singh Siddhu are superb. The show The Great Indian Laughter Challenge part-II will start from 24th February on Star One. Is someone following it?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2006

2. Soniya

Soniya New IL'ite

Laughter - the best medicine

I agree with you. The most difficult thing is to make one laugh. Let's hope the new The Great Indian Laughter Challenge part 2 brings more hillarious moments in our life. After all laughter is the best medicine. We don't have to go to the laughter clubs. In a few shows earlier in this comedy show Navjot Singh Siddhu was not there and it made the program a bit slow, though he comes there only to laugh. Do you all agree with this?

3. prathi

prathi Bronze IL'ite

Thats a great show!

When i went to india this time round, I saw this great indian laughter challenge and i enjoyed it very much. Esp naveen prabhakar and raju shrivasthav r hilarious. its a great mental boost. :thumbsup More and more jokes about malika sherawat? haha

4. Chatter

Chatter New IL'ite

Excellent show

I too enjoy this show too much. Right now they are showing best of the comedians. It will be fun to watch another series of The Great Indian Laughter Challenge. The days of weeping and crying types of TV serials are over. Suddenly there are more and more TV shows and films in the making of light comedy. Let's wait for 24th February when new series start of The Great Indian Laughter Challenge.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2006
  5. Nagma

Nagma New IL'ite

Yes, I hope this gets started soon. There are no other good TV shows to watch on Fridays. At least something to take away tensions of the week on Friday night and relax.

6. Maria

Maria New IL'ite

Khayali

So, it is on air! The part II of the laughter show. I liked "Khayali" in the show and with all good reasons, he stood winner. Dont you think he will go in finals?

7. Chandni

Chandni New IL'ite

True Maria, Khayali stealed the show. With his Haryanvi touch of language and confident presentation, he should sure go to the finals. His jokes can bring laughter to anyone's face.

8. Nagma

Nagma New IL'ite

Great Show

I watched 2 episodes of The Great Indian Laughter Champions - Part2. The greatest thing is that now the participants are even from Pakistan. Laughter knows no boundaries. Pakistani artists are equally good. It is a hillarious show. But some how I will rate the The Great Indian Laughter Champions - Part1 better. Any comments?

9. Jasmine

Jasmine New IL'ite

Great display of art of Ventriloquism

Hey Ladies,

Did you all watch the last episode of Laughter show? I loved the candidate who displayed the fine art of Ventriloquism and Puppetary. With his monkey puppet Rancho, he made me go roller coaster ride laughing. He had great control on his voice, ventriloquism, puppet display and humour. I will love to see him till finals. What say? :clap

10. Soniya

Soniya New IL'ite

India-Pakistan tie through laughter

The part 2 of Great Indian laughter challange is a good effort to make friendship between India and Pakistan. The participants in The Great Indian laughter challange - Part 2 are from Pakistan too and they are equally good. They dont get much appreciation in their country as compared to the applause Pakistani comedians receive in India. The jokes they crack are hilarious and it is a good effort by Star One TV channel. Navjyot singh Siddhu and Shekhar suman put life in the show and Perizaad Kohla is their favorite target ;-)