1. The Great Big Must Read List : Find Interesting Book Suggestions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Great Big Must Read List

Discussion in 'Book Lovers' started by PriyaSrini, Aug 12, 2014.

1. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

How did I forget Paul Brunton? His Search in Secret India gives me goosebumps even as I just read you refer to him! I must have read it over over and over and continue to read it!

2. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Shanvy,
    I am glad that you have read all of them. I have added some more. English ones you may have read them. Others are for Telugu knowing ILs.
    Syamala

1 person likes this.
  3. kalpavriksham

kalpavriksham Gold IL'ite

As i was travelling the books list, I was wondering the "non-mention" of the great Arthur Hailey Irwing Wallace. These two were my late mother's endearing writers. Her soul must be definetely reading this particular thread. She was just a SSLC. But Wren and Martin runs in her blood. A shy person that she was, spoke very softy and gently, BUT a voracious reader. It seems she used to wait for those 3 days toread continuosly without any disturbance. She had Perry Mason also on her list.
    at her 70, she had to go to US and learnt handling computer on her own and operated it.
    Just a week before her coma, she had had her cataract operation. She rested both eyes so that she good read infull bloom and zoom. But God has His own designs.
    She went to heaven after 4 months to meet the authors personally and to hear them tell their unwritten novels!
    sorry for writing so much. thanhs for your patient reading. thank you. God Bless.

1 person likes this.
  4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

shyamala thank you..i read telugu too. can read 5 languages. karma yoga is a good one. i would recommend the complete works of vivekananda.
    pg wodehouse you too.:cheers.i tried to introduce it to both my kids but failed..maybe they will pick it up themselves.
    have read one or two of his books. maybe i should check out if i can get hold of them again. had a friend who used to always borrow yaddanapudi sulochana rani and i used to breeze through it. aww those days..yandamuri,chalam,and few more.
    and should pick up them again..especially paul. the whole big must read list is getting richer by the day.
    have not read citadel.
    thanks a lot..

5. naliniravi

naliniravi Gold IL'ite

Hi,

Can somebody upload gone with the wind and my fair lady ​in PDF format pl.

6. PriyaSrini

PriyaSrini Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

7. naliniravi

naliniravi Gold IL'ite

Hi Priya,

Thank you for the links. I was searching for my fair lady for a long time, I have downloaded. Thank you again.

nalini

8. gorgeous23

gorgeous23 Silver IL'ite

hi all!

this is a great thread, i may add some of my ownn:
    1, the inheritance cycle by christopger paoloini- a fantasy genre, somewhat like LORD OF THE rINGS, it has four books & i loved them all
    2. many lives many masters- i was introduced to this book on this forum , it is about reincarnation, a doctors account of treating a patient through regressive hyponotism, a rivetting read
    3. the difficulty of being good: a sort of commentary on Mahabhart by gurcharan Das, i love anything on mahabharat, this one is a good book with a lot of perspectives/points of views thrown in

9. gorgeous23

gorgeous23 Silver IL'ite

and I love all tinTin series, have read them all, well almost :)
    the other is BArtimeus Trilogy - another fantasy genre
    Anna Karenina- i just loved this book, especially the dying scene of the protagonist in the end is a masterpiece
    three men in a boat- i was splitting with laughter as I read this book

10. LotusAura

LotusAura Gold IL'ite

Further additions to my earlier list:

David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
    King Solomon's Mines by H. Rider Haggard
    She by Rider Haggard