1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Golden Cage

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by HariLakhera, Oct 1, 2017.

1. SCSusila

SCSusila Gold IL'ite

The promises of good life in foreign lands is only for those who are young and fit . For them it is truly a Dream life . But Once age catches up, being in our own land is best . There is a sense of freedom and security here which cannot be found when living as dependent in foreign land . The pull of the roots is too strong.

Sunburst and GoneGirl like this.
  2. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:Regardless of the geography and time zone, in this context I found time, energy and money are inter-related and at any point of time in age-scale, one can have maximum any two of three. as a kid one will have lot of energy and time but no money. as an adult one will have energy and money but no time. as spent force (like me) one will have time and money but No energy! :laughing:

Sunburst and SCSusila like this.
  3. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:in this connection, I wish to share an anecdote. of the two, one happened to be picked up as a puppy and tamed in an affluent surrounding and was at the huge steel-gate watching his brother still a stray dog. the stray was asking about life to which robust said so many +ve things happening to him. then the stray was responding him "of what use your affluence and comfort and convenience. you are chained all the time and no freedom. See me. I am more than happy as I enjoy total freedom remain unchained.":hmmm:

4. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

BhumiBabe,
    Very valid words. The empty nester is really new phrase to me. Empty nests exist every where. Once the children grow, they move away. Visiting on occasions only. Thanks to modern means of transportation and communication, the feeling of cage like situation should not be there but somehow it stays. I see old people - parents and their children who also have grown old giving company to each other as grand children have moved away. Parental duties over. This possibly is the time when one is reminded of home.

5. HariLakhera

PS,
    Yes, cage is a cage.

6. HariLakhera

Dear Thyagrajan,
    Interesting. I am sure the stray was not inwardly zeleous of the chained dog.