The forgotten lesson - Prayer

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by ramyasanthosh, Mar 21, 2013.

1. ramyasanthosh

ramyasanthosh Senior IL'ite

Times were very tough for me then. There was not a minute wasted without weeping. There was no hope. Six years of marriage life has to be explained to the marriage-counselors, about whom I know nothing. Things went wrong even though we know each other very well. May be that’s the reason as well!

Sleepless nights and swollen eyes! Life was miserable. Hope was a distant dream; forget about solutions to the problems.

That night, our car was stuck in traffic jam in front of a Church. It’s been 15 years and being a Hindu, I never visited a Church after my school days. But when in school, I used to visit the chapel that adjoined the school premises, regularly. If you were from any of those Christian Missionary schools, you would know very well about the culture. Regular sessions of the Mass, prayers that end with Amen, the carols, blessing Sisters and more! Suddenly, my school life was in front of me.
    I used to obey the lessons from the moral science classes sincerely. There were desperate prayers for everything. For marks, for my mom’s health, for my brother, for my father and for every little trouble I face, I used to pray hard and all those prayers used to start with “Oh – Jesus” always. Post school, all the past has become kiddish overnight and so were the memories of those intense prayers.
    The more world we see, the more complex we become and the simple things appear as stupid for us.

But that day, it was different. It was a transition phase of my life. I don’t know if my marriage would survive and I don’t know how to revive it. I made a desperate and earnest prayer that time, years later, again starting with “Oh-Jesus”. We become grounded and simple when things go adverse.

Our car moved away from the church. We met the counselors. The issue was discussed. The couple simplified the problem. It was as if I found a way out of the jungle. The hope was revived. Finally, a miracle happened. The Christian couple asked my DH to hold my hand and recite the prayer after them. It has been 15 years that I made any prayer this way. Tears rolled in my eyes. The Sisters of our school used to make us pray for every situation. When there were earthquakes, floods or accidents, we prayed for the victims. I don’t know if I knew the gravity of the prayer then. But today, it has done a wonder.

My topic here is not about the marriage counselors or the Christian schools but about the prayer. An earnest prayer will be answered. Remember, if you feel dejected, oppressed, depressed or life-less, the best thing that can bring you back is the prayer.

Prayer will bring hope and ward off distracted mind. From morning news to evening traffic jams, we feel pathetic, miserable and keep cursing our situations. Lighten your heart with prayer. It relieves your burden and increases your tolerance levels.

When any gruesome incident from morning newspaper bothers your mind, pray for the victims. Universe may or may not shower all that you asked for but, your mind will be away from the sorrow and you will not be inflicting that in your workspace.

So, don't forget to pray.

2. LakshmiKMBhat

LakshmiKMBhat Gold IL'ite

Yes, when we pray,we somehow get the strength to face whatever comes to us.
    " [FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif]Prayer may not change things for you, but it for sure changes you for things". ~Samuel M. Shoemaker
    Thanks ,
    Lakshmi Bhat
    [/FONT]

3. anakha123

anakha123 New IL'ite

With Prayer we gets related to GOD and that is the best relation.Prayer is the rope that pulls God and man together. But, it doesn’t pull God down to us: It pulls us up to Him.

And we gets a strong courage

4. iamsrihere

iamsrihere Platinum IL'ite

very truw,and a nice writeup..Yes prayer brings faith that makes things possible..And how much of positivity does it create?Isnt??