1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Fate Of My Crushes :(

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by SGBV, Oct 8, 2018.

1. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

I am honestly confused as much as I am flabbergasted with extreme sadness about the fate of these recent crushes of mine.

I don't remember having serious crushes on real life friends or colleagues who are with me, rather I develop such crushes on some talents whom I see in the media.

No, I don't mean the madness I have on movie stars or sports celebrities as my crush here. Its there on the other side!!!
    But the crush I mean here, comes on the people who are good at their speech, music, sports or whatever, yet not a celebrity level to attract everyone.

I somewhat liked them, and started to follow them seriously due to this crush I developed on them (obviously for their talent or the way they present their talents), and I would go on and on to read about them, their history, news etc... while watching them in you tube excessively. And this makes me extremely happy and occupied; hence I call them my crushes.

Obviously one man at a time, and often one attractive man!

Let me start from my recent crush....

This man Balabhaskar, a Kerala based violinist, whom I know through his you tube videos only very recently.
    More than his violin, the way he presented himself on stage with a contagious smile on his face attracted me so much.
    He was so lively, and so simple with so much talent on his chosen field. So, he seemed so unique, even though I've subscribed to many other musicians on You tube channels.
    Its been just a few months, since I knew this artist, and only in September, I've started reaching out to him to express how much I like his music and himself. Since past few months, I wake up to this man's violin sound, as he had the power to blossom your day in such a magical way.
    I've started reading about his life style, family, music, interviews etc to get myself familiarized with him, and here comes the worst nightmare in the form of his death at the age of 40. It completely shattered me.
    And just realized today, that the death of an artist whom you personally don't know, can haunt you so much that you absolutely do nothing other than just revisiting his works [​IMG]:( [​IMG]:( [​IMG]

This is not the first time this happened with me.

Last year, almost around the same time too, I had to face such a tragedy in life.
    It was Nabeel Qureshi, an American national with a Pakistani background. He was a great spiritual speaker, and I found so much solace in each and every videos he uploaded about religion and God.
    He helped me to find answers to so many questions I had in life through his Vlogs. Within a few month of my craze on him, I found out that he was battling stomach cancer and in his last stage of life then.
    He was very young, and was only 34 when he died last year. I could learn more about him after his death only.
    But I could never forget the comfort and happiness he gave me when he was alive. :(

A few years back, I was very much attracted to an American Indian Dr Paul Kalanidhi, about his works on ortho surgeries. In fact, that's when my mom had to undergo such surgeries, so I did a lot of research on the net to find out more on this.
    I found this Dr more interesting, and went on to search more and more of him and his works, which became like a craze in the following days.
    So, slowly instead of reading his medical related articles, I've started reading about his personal life, love marriage and the life style he chose to live etc, and that were my main time pass that time.
    Ooops.... The fate was too cruel that he died, and his sickness and death news eventually made me in tears the latter days. He died at the age of 37 it seems.

Now that I am scared to even feel attracted or have craze on anyone, as it seems God hand picks and shows me the best people on earth, so that I could cherish some good memories with them, before they are taken forever.

May these souls RIP in heaven forever.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
    DDream, Cheeniya and SpritualSoul like this.

2. SpritualSoul

SpritualSoul Gold IL'ite

Definitely must be due to blackmagic by ur ILs.. :smilingimp:

I just couldnt resist my reply :tonguewink:

Mistt likes this.
  3. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

May be, because my ILs are from your place. You know them better :)

SpritualSoul likes this.
  4. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

I happened to read SGBV's post about her crushee's the violinist and the doctor. And then your jolly rejoinder.
    Thought of a guitarist named Santana. He is rather old now, but in his younger days he played "Black magic woman" in many of his concerts. I like all jazz guitarists. Joe Bonamassa is the one that I play when walking on treadmill.

SpritualSoul and SGBV like this.
  5. Minion

Minion Platinum IL'ite

Please Please SGBV can your next crush be Donald Trump :beer-toast1:

6. rachaputi

rachaputi Platinum IL'ite

:roflmao:this is killer one

HazelPup and shyamala1234 like this.
  7. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

:tearsofjoy:
    +1

HazelPup likes this.
  8. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

This is the precise reason why I have a great crush for expired people. Padmini, Ingrid Bergman, Sophia Loren, Raquel Welch, the list is endless. I was never the cause of their demise!
    Incidentally, I have a great collection of expired medicines for two reasons:
    They will help me if I ever decide to write my biography, 'My experiment with Medicines'
    Nobody will steal them from me.

9. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

@SGBV,

Don't visualize yourself as Emadharma (God of Death) and your crushes as Pasakayaru (the rope). All of them may be coincidences. Your crush is not creating end of life situation for them. However, in future, when you like someone for their talents, please also pray for their well-being because of the past experiences. That will give you peace of mind.

Viswa

sindmani likes this.
  10. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

SGBV,
    I can relate to your experience well. I used to watch Balabhaskar's concert and videos. Even though I didn't have any crush, I felt so sad and depressed when I came to know about the accident and his death. Such an amazing talent. His love story and marriage was also exceptional. May almighty give peace to his wife who survived the accident.

Another one was Antony Bourdain's death.I think I had some kind of attraction, may be crush, towards him. I used to watch his travel videos a lot. I still can't believe he is not with us any more. Like you, I think I too get attracted by talents and personality. Its unfair that some of these talents are called back so early. I wonder why...

Sending you a video from an upcoming artist to relieve this pain a bit. Hope you like it.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2018
    SGBV likes this.