1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Election And The Expectation - Wish You All A Very Happy Tamil New Year!

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by varalotti, Apr 14, 2011.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Saras,
    thanks a lot for your kind words, for the time and for that beautiful picture of Andal.
    sridhar

2. varalotti

வண்ணானுக்குக் கழுதைதான் குறிங்கற மாதிரி எனக்குத் தெரிஞ்சது எல்லாம் இந்த இணைகோடுகள் தான். தெரிஞ்சதத்தானே பண்ண முடியும் மலர் மேடம்?

நீங்கள் சொல்வது சரி. வடமொழியில் ஒரு கம்பீரம் இருக்கிறது உண்மைதான். வேதியனாகப் பிறந்த நான் பல வேத மந்திரங்களைக் கற்றிருக்கிறேன். பகவத் கீதை மற்றும் உபநிஷத்துக்களில் சிலவற்றை வடமொழி மூலத்தில் வாசித்துப் பிரமித்திருக்கிறேன். என்றாலும் பூர்ணம் அத பூர்ணமிதம் பூர்ணாத் பூர்ணம் உதச்யதே என்கிற வேத மந்திரத்தில் இல்லாத ஒரு உருக்கம் ஆழ்வார்
    மண்ணையிருந்து துளாவி வாமனன் மண்ணிது என்னும்
    விண்ணைத் தொழுது அவன் மேவு வைகுந்தம் என்று கைகாட்டும்
    கண்ணை உண்ணீர் மலக நின்று கடல்வண்ணன் என்னும் அன்னே என்
    பெண்ணைப் பெருமயல் செய்தார்க்கு என் செய்கேன் பெய்வளையீரே
    என்ற பாசுரத்தில் இருக்கிறது. அதை உணர்ந்தவுடன் கண்ணின் ஓரங்கள் ஈரமாகிவிடுகின்றன.
    அன்று பாசுர வகுப்பில ஆசிரியரைக் கேட்டேன்:
    ஆழ்வார் பாசுரங்கள் நம்மை அழவைக்கின்றனவே. அவற்றுக்கு ஈடாக வடமொழி நூல் ஒன்று சொல்லுங்களேன் பார்ப்போம்.
    வடமொழியில் அப்படி ஒன்றும் இல்லை. இறைவனின் பிரம்மாண்டத்தைப் பார்த்து வடமொழி திகைக்கிறது. ஆனால் இறைவனின் அன்பைப் பார்த்துத் தமிழ் மட்டும் தான் உருகுகிறது.
    தமிழை எனக்குத் தாய்மொழியாகக் கொடுத்த இறைவனுக்கும் அந்தத் தமிழை மறக்கடிக்காத கல்வியைக் கொடுத்த என் பெற்றோர்களுக்கும் மனதார நன்றி சொன்னேன்.

நீங்கள் ஆண்டாள் பாசுரங்களைப் படிக்க வேண்டும் மலர். திருப்பாவை 30 பாட்டோடு நிறுத்திவிடாதீர்கள். நாச்சியார் திருமொழியையும் படியுங்கள்.

அன்பான வார்த்தைகளுக்கு மனமார்ந்த நன்றி.
    வரலொட்டி

3. varalotti

Dear sreemanavaneeth,
    thanks a lot for your kind words.
    Andal was the very embodiment of love. Other Azhwars had to imagine themselves as women to melt in love for him. But for Andal it was natural. Learning to sing her songs is the easiest way to reach the abode of love, I mean, the abode of Lord.
    thanks for the new year greetings and wish you the same.
    sridhar

4. varalotti

Its neither Rotary nor Lions. But our Madurai Union Club.

Thanks for the correction. I carried out the correction only after replying to you.
    sridhar

5. varalotti

Thank you and wish you the same. In our club the posts carry responsibilities as well as privileges. More than anything else if you win the elections you are respected. Even the winners' supporters are respected. I knew that from the stiff salute I got from the club-staff when I walked into the club after the elections.
    When we expect gains in friendship then it is no friendship.
    Valluvar says
    உறுவது சீர் தூக்கும் நட்பும் பெறுவது கொள்வாரும் கள்வரும் நேர்.
    Those who expect gains in friendship, the prostitutes and the thieves are of the same class.
    I am just trying to extend that to God.
    thanks for coming in. Thanks for your kind wishes and wish you the same.
    sridhar

6. varalotti

Bhargavi,
    You are right. It was Saint Ramanuja who fulfilled Andal's wishes. Since it's a brother who fulfills a sister's wishes she called him "Anna" when he visited Her temple.
    That's why in Her Vazhi Thirunamam we say
    "பெரும்புதூர் மாமுனிக்குப் பின்னானாள் வாழியே"
    After having seen the way the politicians behaved in this election I wanted to condemn them. That's why the Zoology class expression came out.
    thanks for coming in,
    sridhar

7. varalotti

Dear Shobha,
    Wish you your DH your DD and your family a very happy new year.

I am really happy you enjoyed the article.
    God knows the desires in our mind even before we know them. So there's no need to ask Him to give us what we want.

Thiruvalluvar said of this,
    பரியினும் ஆகாவாம் பாலல்ல உய்த்துச்
    சொரியினும் போகாதம
    Whatever is not yours you wont get it even you beg and plead for it.
    Whatever is yours even if you throw out in the street it will come back to you.

When our trust in God is absolute even to be sad is a kind of blasphemy. To plead for something is worse blasphemy. He knows what to give and want.
    This is something I am saying not based on my bookish knowledge but from my practical experience.

Thanks for coming in Shoba.
    regards,
    Sridhar Uncle

8. varalotti

Thanks a lot Malathi. For your beautiful card, your kind wishes and for your appreciative words.
    love,
    sridhar

9. varalotti

Thanks rgs. That fellow literally made me cry. When I met him two days later I held his hand tightly and told him that he behaved like a perfect gentleman and much more.
    I am happy you have started expecting Azhwar hymns from me.
    As a reward for your guess being right I am giving you an advance information.
    I am going to start a mini series A Love Story Within A Love Story which I am planning to tell in three or four weeks. So don't tell anybody. Stay tuned. Thanks for your new year wishes and wish you the same.
    sridhar

10. varalotti

Dear Lalitha,
    Thanks for the rejoinder. But do you know what my fears are? I might even react more than what you did. That's why I have kept the book aside for the time being. (Incidentally the book came at the time when I saw this fb of yours)
    I need to gather myself enough courage to read the book.
    Be prepared for anything.
    sridhar