1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Election And The Expectation - Wish You All A Very Happy Tamil New Year!

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by varalotti, Apr 14, 2011.

1. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Sridhar..
    A very happy new year wishes to you and your family!

A very nice blog indeed showing us how our love should be for our Lord.
    Also spotted the humour, where you had mentioned about meeting ourpoliticians in the zoology class..:)

I also read that Sri Ramanujachariyar fulfilled Andal's wishes during his time, isn't it!

sriniketan

2. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

You are most welcome Vidchakra. And thanks for those kind words
    sridhar

3. Sobhi

Sobhi Senior IL'ite

Dear Uncle

Wish you and your family a very Happy New year.

What should I say about the article. It made my eyes wet. Thanks for this beautiful article.

I remember one of Ramana Maharishi's saying

Whatever is destined to happen no one can stop it.
    Whatever is not bound to happen will not happen no matter how much effort you put.

Similarly Maha Periyava has said in one of the instances that We say GOD is OMNIPRESENT and ALL KNOWING. If that is true, then we need not tell him our desires. He knows what to be done and when to be done....

If we keep asking him various things, we basically are questioning his existence in the first place.

Thanks once again for this article.

regards
    Shobha

4. Malathijagan

Malathijagan Silver IL'ite

A wonderful blog to start the tamizh new year!
    [​IMG]

I use your blog space as an opportunity to wish all Ilites a great and wonderful new year ahead!
    Love
    Malathi

5. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Congratulations on two counts Sridhar - for your friend winning the election and for your efforts. You won when the member from the opposite team consoled you - long before the actual results were out. And I almost expected this Andal / any other aazhwaar hymn to follow. So congratulating myself too. :)
    And a happy tamil new year to you!!
    -rgs

6. varalotti

Dear Akila,
    Thanks and wish you the same. Yes, unless He blesses we can't love him. Let's have but one prayer in our heart: That He should make us love Him all our life.

sridhar

7. varalotti

Dear Sunitha,
    thanks for accepting me as a good friend. When you expect something in return for what you have done to a friend, then the relationship is business. And with God, the holiest of relationship, there can't be any expectation on our part. Nor does God expect anything from us.
    Thanks for coming in, Sunitha.
    sridhar

8. varalotti

Thanks gayathri and wish you the same.
    regards,
    sridhar

9. varalotti

Dear Lalitha,
    If a blog like this should make you so emotional then I can understand your love for HM. The moment I heard about that book I immediately placed an order for the same. And the coincidence is that the book is going to come to me from your place - Bangalore.

HM has accepted us all Lalitha. It's only the question of our recognising Her acceptance. Our clearing the scales in our eyes and seeing Her love.

Soon we realise the pangs of separation that keeps us far from our beloved. All devotional literature is nothing but a manifestation of those pangs.
    I can't wait to read that book.
    For me those who suggest a book, those who take me to a new temple and show the deity, are all Acharyas.
    So pranams,
    love,
    sridhar

10. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,

Just a rejoinder. Thanks for placing the order for that book but this book made a great impact on me but you may not feel the same after reading. You may also tell me what is so great in this that you felt so emotional. But for me it has been an eye opener of various sorts. I have even dropped a mail to my guru about the same. Will let you know what he says once he responds.