1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The dread of letting go - my nightmare

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iniyamalar, Jul 10, 2011.

1. iniyamalar

iniyamalar Gold IL'ite

I had not blogged for quite sometime now for some reasons and I was thinking of coming up with something on a lighter note on my next blog.

But I can't let go of this moment, so here I am....

In Bali, celebrating our wedding anniversary.

It is six in the morning here and I am sitting all alone in the beautiful teak divan
    overlooking the pool and garden of our
    private villa. Early morning breeze and birds chirping away behind your very
    ears.... People who know me here , will know what I would normally do in such surroundings.

But today I am oblivious of all that
    wonderful little things. The beauty infront
    of me seems to be transparent with that
    dark and dreadful memory hanging there
    behind as the backdrop.

It was the dream I had early this morning.

It was a concoction of bits and pieces of
    short visuals.

We( myself, hubbie and some others
    excluding my kids) were walking in some
    place and suddenly there is tension in the
    air.- visual broken-

Me and my son standing alone somewhere
    ( my hubbie and daughter not in scene) and
    people are milling about in every direction.

I am trying to take my son to the top of a
    very tall building by some outdoor stairs.

The bottom of the building is already flooded with water and the water level is
    still steadily rising. It is a dark day and my
    heart pumps hard as I try to pull him faster
    to the top, to safety.

Suddenly some alarm goes off and a
    squeaky woman's voice booms in an
    announcement.

" attention. There was another quake( so
    short. Had there been several before this to
    make her say it in such informal terms?) of
    10.(something) and a huge tsunami wave
    will hit the shore any minute now."

I get mad and pull my son close. He seems
    to be terrified for he is too silent( he
    normally doesn't close his mouth except
    while sleeping). Suddenly water is
    everywhere.

The force is so strong , he is being pulled apart from me and I am gripping him so tight that ithutch even me. He cries and shouts.." mommy don't let go of my hand! Mommy please don't let me go. Mommy...mommy..."

And I woke up...

I still cry as I type as the scene just dont
    fade away nor his voice which is still
    ringing in my ears.

I know...I know... Dreams are mostly
    manifestations of our own subconscious
    thoughts and I read conspiracy stuff a lot more than any sane person,enough to have
    nightmares every single day.

That is not the point..
    The dream itself has less importance but
    the thought that was thrusted in me?

Why we spend energy and time on stuff
    which just will float away from you at the last moments and doesn't get a second glance from you?

Why do we indulge ourselves in huge
    houses which will just be useless to you
    when you .....

All it mattered at that moment even in a
    dream was the love...the frenzy to get him
    safe... The dread...

All those things and stuff we do and get with money is of no importance at the grand finale...

And it hit me then. Just what the hell am I
    doing here? Wasting the previous little time I have left with me by taking stupid photographs of some stupid old stone statues while I should be using it to show and shower my love to all those Who need it?

I knew then I had been spending way more time and energy than needed on frivolous things but love.

I knew then all my fellow dreamers in this realistic dream called life(Maya) are sailing in the same sinking boat and are clinging to the wrong place for support.

I knew ....

Life is so short we would be surprised to know how short to spend it on anything but love..

This came as a splash of cold water on my sleepy face to the reality. I woke up crying....
    I woke up loving....
    I woke up in pain....
    I write this with a heavy heart soaked in pain and filled with love....

If the world is to end in front of my eyes this very moment all I want to do is shout out as loud as possible that I love you all.

But does that carry any meaning?
    Why dont I start doing it from now on? I think I can cover a lot more better than the last minute hasty hug.

So GOOD MORNING....
    I LOVE YOU ALL.....
    Please keep loving as long as you are living for we may not know how long that might be....

Now I need to go wake my son up with a loving hug...

Good bye...

See you soon with something better.

PS: (And here I thought bringing up a kid is a biggest and toughest task???oh really?? Try letting go of them?- what a rain check?)

2. sreemanavaneeth

sreemanavaneeth Gold IL'ite

Hai iniya,

I felt i was hearing it from you directly. Do not worry. Whatever we are thinking and sleeping my mom is used to tell that will come in the form of dream. I think you were serioulsy thinking about the japan disaster am i right? Do not worry. Nothing will happen to your children,to you and to your hubbie. May GOD bless you all with a very good health with very good dreams. Good night .

3. ILoveTulips

ILoveTulips IL Hall of Fame

Dear Malar, What a heavy post! Yes that's true. We keep running behind the life wherever it pulls us, but when are we going to stop, take a pause and look at our loved ones and show them how much we love them? How important they are in our life?

True. My excitement of going to US for the first time vanished in weeks when I realised, I don't belong there! I really think most of the times that 'IT is a curse'!

Very nice blog to all the 'busy' people advicing them to stop there, and think about their loved ones...

As usual you proved your writing talent one more time!

ILT

4. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear malar,

A beautiful touching post!! so true.... we are so busy working insane hours, wanting to acquire more material possessions, being jealous of others successes, being greedy, that we forget what is more important to us... to shower love on our loved ones and get drenched in the love this world showers on us for this life is too short and we don't know when it will all end. So, here i am telling u and every one here at IL, love you all guys, may He shower is blessings on you!!

Thank you malar for such a beautiful reminder.

Akila

5. Malar2301

Malar2301 Gold IL'ite

Dear Malar...

Welcome!! So you have come to us with yet another excellent message!!

Very true...Like Tulips said, in this mechanical life, we run for many things like anything and at last we miss what we actually want. So when ever we get a chance to express our love, we need to do it without second thought.

Coming to the dreams, I shall join hands in saying...even I end up with such dreams...screaming...and at times...those dreams stay in me for a long time...impacting me a lot.

Finally...Love you too!! and all my fellow beings!! Love you all...Take Care.

You are rocking as usual Malar!! Great!!

--Malar--

6. prana

prana IL Hall of Fame

My dear sweety,

yes you are correct..love, love everyone....I too think about this many time...why we are all running behind something all the time..what we need at the end...really donno the answer malar...why this rage,envy,violence,lie everything....just think abt the world with people full of love,affection,peace..it would be so beautiful nauh???

And dont worry abt ur dream da..it is just a dream!!!

Love u too malar...neenga nerla irundha namma vasool raja madhiri hug pannuven..but have my virtual hug....

7. jaishvats

jaishvats Bronze IL'ite

That was a good post !!! Have a good holiday and happy anniversary!

8. iniyamalar

iniyamalar Gold IL'ite

Thank you dear. Sorry for the delayed reply...:)

Well Japan disaster might have been a trigger and seriously I am so into conspiracies and stuff i hear a lot more doom theories per day than an average person would hear for his whole lifespan.

Anyways, i am happy that the sad dream make me realize the most important factor in life and in that regard i am glad that I had the dream.
    Thanx for coming in my dear,
    :thumbsup

9. iniyamalar

iniyamalar Gold IL'ite

Thanx a lot my dear..
    Yes we always turn blind eye to the most important thing, probably that is the design of nature...:)

I am glad you liked it. And oh before i forget 'IT IS A CURSE'?? haha...i will definetely pass this message to my hubbie. But then he is a zen, finds total peace there too.

10. iniyamalar

iniyamalar Gold IL'ite

:) கட்டிப்பிடி வைத்தியம் தானே?
    actually when the movie came i had a quite an arguement with my hubbie about hugging everybody.
    Are..what tha heck? what is wrong is brightening up everybody?

I for one always feel happy to see someone smile. But my kids won't agree with me:rotflcoz i show all my bathrakali thanam to them only. Now after this dream I am trying to control even that.

Thnx for coming dear.