1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Curious case of Sanjay Dutt

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Mar 23, 2013.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

The Curious Case of Sanjay Dutt

As u are all aware of ,Sanjay Dutt has to undergo another 3 and a half years of jail, and he has to surrender within a month, even though he is in town, and there is a huge hue and cry of people taking his side and asking for leniency for him.

On each channel we had the public prosecutor, who persued this case for the last 20 years, ujwal Nikkam, and Sanjay’s lawyer Majid Menon, and with a Mahesh Bhatt thrown in, it was an interesting discussions, pretty heated in fact at times.

What was not known to me was this. That the criminals brought guns to Sanjay’s house, hidden in the bottom of the Car, and he kept a few for himself , and Sanjay was 33 years at that time, I would say an adult person, and pretty successful at that point of time in his career. He was past the drug stage, the public prosecutor saying that he knew these guys are criminals, and that sunil Dutt his father being an MP, and having guards posted at hos house, why did Sanjay need an AK 47, and a pistol, as he and his family was well protected.

Mahesh Bhatt, was asking for lienency for SD, saying he is a nice chap, his dad was a nice chap, sanjay has small kids, sanjay did not know that the arms will be used to blow up Mumbai city. Seems a lot of arms were stored at Sanjay’s house , the ones that were used to blow up Mumbai in 93.

Today we were talking this while walking with friends, and one friend said, that sanjay did a mistake, that he is not a terrorist, that he was a kid, and he should be forgiven, as we would an erring child. Another said, he should be punished, and they asked me , as I listened to both the sides.

According to me, these are my personal views , this may not go down well with many here. My reading of Sanjay Dutt is as follows. At 33, he was immature, and stupid, to hobnob with the criminals like Abu Salem, who used to frequently come to his house, and I am sure his father being a very honest man, and a honest politician, must have come to know about it, and reprimanded Sanjay onmany occasions to stay away from these goons, but did Sanjay listen ? No, in fact that is what caused him this trouble.

And in 1998, well after Sanjay had served one and a half years of Jail, he went to Shirdi, and from a hotel there, he spoke to these criminals in Pakistan and Dubai, and I had heard the tapes which were on the internet then, and talking to Chotta Shakeel and others, and asking about their families, which suggested he was on cosy terms with their families too.

He did not learn anything from 93, and the jail term, to again hobnob with these chaps.And the conversation was taped by the police, but nothing was done.

Then he split with Rhea pillai, his wife, who stood by him, when he was in jail when everyone deserted him but his dad, and she.

And at a time when it was tie for him to have grandchildren, at age 50, he goes and marries again, a twice divorced woman, and now has twins, aged 2 or 3, while his first wife , Richa Sharma who died, he has a daughter Trishala from her, she must be 25 years or so. And at his last wedding, even his two sisters did not attend the marriage.

I sum it up as – An irresponsible citizen of india, if not malicious, married thrice, gave a lot of heartburns to his dad, due to drugs and association with criminals, and a very irresponsible husband and parent.

If he is a man, he must serve out his sentence, and then come out. His supporters are saying , that he has small kids, that he is not a terrorist, etc. I say, don’t others convicted, have children ? Why does Mahesh Bhatt feel sorry only for Sanjay and not for hundreds of others. There are some guys convicted, who were totally in nocent, who were just told to keep this parcel there, for a sall amount of money, who did not know it was a bomb, does anyone feel sorry for them ?

We must take the high and the low of life on the chin, as also the good and the bad, sunjay is lucky to get away with a small sentence, others have been sentenced to death, he is lucky his sentence was reduced from 6 years to 5 years.

If my son did what Sanjay did, I would let the law take its course, and tell my son to take it on the chin, if he is my son, for u must pay for yr sins, otherwise how will u learn in life ?

I rest my case, y dear readers, and feel free to post yr views, there can be many viewpoints, and maybe there are many aspects that I may have missed, who knows.Welcome one and all.

KAMAL MAHTANI

Sonia Gandhi during a speech told the following story
    There was a father who gave his 3 sons 100/- each and asked them to buy things and fill up the room.
    First son bought wood for 100/- but could not fill up the room
    The second one bought cotton for 100/- but he too could not fill the room.
    The third son bought ffa candle worth 1/- and it filled the room with light.

KAPIL SIBAL added – The third son is like RAHUL GANDHI.Since the day he has take charge of his office, our country is filled with the bright light of prosperity.
    NARENDRA MODI asked – This is really great, but where is the remain Rs. 99/- ??????

Manyata Dutt’s (Sanjay Dutt’s wife) third marriage and her all three husbands are in jail.Now we kindly request her to marry Rahul Gandhi

Kamalji’s grammer lesson of the day
    If more than one mouse is MICE,
    Then more than one spouse is SPICE !!!!!!!!

In a party, a handsome guy approaches a girl and says “ Will u dance “ ?
    The girls is happy and says Yes
    The guys says “ Then can I have your chair please “ !!!!!!!!

Men fall in love with what they see, that is why women put on make up
    Women fall in love with what they hear, that is why men LIE !!!!!!!

Pakistani couple walk out of divorce court, wife is crying her heart out.
    Husband – For Allah’s sake stop crying, we are still cousins !!!!!!

25 people like this.

2. varhem

varhem IL Hall of Fame

Even i wonder,as to why some people are calling him innocent,a father,of three kids,good human etc...i watched,Headlines Today,for a changed.Could only laugh when i hear people supporting him.

Who ever has erred need to be punished.

free publicity for mahesh bhatt(thats how i feel whenever he opens his mouth)

The jokes are superb especially the one on manyata.

i thought she was married only once before.hehehe

1 person likes this.
  3. mp1234

mp1234 Gold IL'ite

Dear Kamalji,

Got to know lot of new information from the piece.

Sometimes,I get a feeling,isn't the law of land different for different people.
    Going by all that SD has done,he should face the consequences.

But I do wonder, there are many of the big wigs or anybody who has proper connections getting scot free.
    So the question arises,why is the implementation of law/laws different for different people in our country?

Your jokes are good.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2013
    4 people like this.
  4. nemesis

nemesis Platinum IL'ite

As someone in a news comment said, if it had been the US, he would have got about 100-200 year in jail.

Remember, he was convicted only for having unlicensed weapon. He was also charged for aiding terrorism, but the judgement did not convict him for that.

In 20 years, he did a score of movies, married twice, produced children... And they say all this as '20 year suffering'.

I tell you, India is doomed(if not for other reasons) with this excessive craze for cinema and the actor/actress.

12 people like this.
  5. iamsrihere

iamsrihere Platinum IL'ite

No doubt that he definitely deserves punishment in that..My only doubt is why people are still arguing about this..??

6. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

I say the court has been lenient to Sanjay Dutt
    His driver who followed his master's orders and transprted the weapons was given 10yrs jail sentence.
    Then why is it that Sanjay Dutt got just 5years???

And people like Mahesh Bhatt who are supporting him might themselves have some underworld connection(remember his son Rahul Bhatt met David Headley in an informal meeting...and later turned good friends with him)
    Hmmm kamalji kudos to you for showing the otherside of the story here.:clap

3 people like this.
  7. parvathi1980

parvathi1980 Platinum IL'ite

He should be getting life for this. I never knew the details.

8. fencesitter

fencesitter Platinum IL'ite

i think he got lucky.

2 people like this.
  9. angelvoice

angelvoice Gold IL'ite

he just got a slap on the wrist... i didnt know this much details about what he exactly did... now i am more outraged.. ppl saying stupid things like he portrayed gandhigiri in movies so he is a good man... WTH are they blabbing... he has small kids.. so what... didnt the people who died in the blast have kids and families too... he enjoyed his ties with the underworld and had fun and made millions and slept around... and for such a big crime hes getting a paltry 3.5 years????? Its a joke..