1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

THE CORPSE LOVE STORY - Episode 3

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by sapthu02, Dec 6, 2012.

1. sapthu02

sapthu02 Gold IL'ite

Episode 3

I never thought love could be this painful. Until I proposed atleast I could get some sleep. Now its even gone. Why should I think of some one who is no more important to me? I didnt realise when I went to sleep. It was already too late when Veena woke me up for a cup of coffee. I knew I was already late for college. There was nothing much to do and I just had to prepare. So instead I decided to chill at home.

After a very long time, it was a suprise to see Manav at home. He was always busy at work and that was everything for him. Today he was at home. He was playing with his kid. veena and Amma were busy. Dad had already left to work. That was pretty early though.

Manav came to me and greeted me good morning. Then he started to talk to me."Megha, do you believe that what ever Dad and I do will be for your good?". I nodded.
    "Then listen. You are about to finish your studies. We dont want to hold you back. We very well know that you are interested in higher studies. Well, we have decided to get you married off.." and before he could complete I almost got tensed..."Wait wait.. now everything goes with your acceptance. I know its too early for you to take it. Think it over and tell me. We have one good alliance coming over today to meet you at home. And after meeting him you can decide.", saying this Manav left the place.

I was not sure now what to do. Yesterday was a different story and today its different. How to meet and talk to the new guy? I have Vinod in my mind. I didnt go to college. He would have come to know that by now. Its going to 11am. And there were series of calls from Anitha and Vinod. I didnt want to pick up the call. few more weeks to go and I would get rid of both of them in my life. I decided to accept what comes in my way. After all its my Brother and Dad who are doing this to me and they cannot be wrong.

I seriously didnt intend to get married. Yes, what Manav told was right. I wanted to do IAS.I wanted to pursue my higher studies. Manav always wanted me to do that. He believed for every woman education is a must. So I was sure he was so supportive. But I didnt understand what was the sudden need to get me married off.

I walked up and down in the balcony. Veena came and gave me a sheepish smile. I just turned away from her. But I wanted to know very badly why was this sudden arrangement.

"Anni, can I ask you something?"

"Yes tell me Kutty (thats how everyone called me at home)."

"Why is there an urgency to get me married? Is there any problem?"

"Kutty, I would say something, but, just keep it to yourself da. We checked horoscope for baby and you. The astrologer said that if we don’t get you married now, then there will be a bad name in the family. I know you will not be the cause. But why take chances? "

Bad name in the family and some astro guy told that. And these mad people believe it. Hats off man! What a belief!! I was stunned.Be it what ever may be I am ready to go through anything for my family happiness. I would chosen a wrong guy, now ready for Mr. Right.

Veena continued, "this is why I didnt want to say you anything. Dont take it too hard. I too got married after my college. SO whats there. The broom and his parents have agreed to allow you to study and also send you to work if you wish.

Kutty its all your wish and trust me we will never go against it."

I was sick and tired of "its for you", "you decide" etc. This family had put in so much of pressure to make my life as the way I wish, either because of that I was about to ruin my life to the core.

Veena continued, "This alliance is your fathers far of relative. They saw you in my Seemandam (baby shower function) and was asking for your hand for last 2 years. Now the groom Arun is settling abroad, so they wanted to get him married off before he leaves from India. That is why there is an urgency. Sleep well Kutty. You should be dressed in stunning attire today. I will select the saree myself. Now go to go as Amma will be waiting. We have lots of things to do." Veena left. I was left in my own thoughts.

It was almost 5.30 pm. I didnt even bother to take my lunch. And more over Amma and anni were busy with other things at home. I heard the groom's people are coming home by 7. When I woke up Anni was just beside me with a cup of coffee.

"Kutty, hot water is ready. Please take a sip of this coffee and take a shower. I have kept the saree, jewels and other things for you. Anitha called home. And I didnt wake you as you were sleeping. She said she will come home with her brother. Atleast I dont have to be with you, she can get you dressed up.", Veena left.

What Anitha. I was fully awake. Now why is she coming? And with her brother, who wanted to see him ? Crap. He will spoil everything. I wanted to forget what ever had happened and was fully prepared. Yet, now I am not going to back out. I cannot be some one's second hand. Please. Let these thoughts off me.

It was already late. I picked up the towel and stepped in for a shower. When I came out I could see Anitha and Raji (another college mate) were giggling. I gave them a smile. So Anitha didnt come alone.

"Hey hi, gals! How are you?"

"Hello Megha, bride, so thats the reason you didnt even pick up my call?", Anitha returned back.

"O yea, kind of busy. So how come today? And how did you both come?"

"Dad and Vinod came. In fact Dad wanted to go to meet some one in the church. So Vinod came to drop him, we too joined. Vinod will drop Dad and will be back soon. I guess he will join us for the bride seeing function.", with a wink she giggled.

Disgusting. Nothing else was running in my mind. I wore a bright green saree and wore the jewels that my Anni had selected for me. I was pinning the flowers and heard Dad calling us down. I was nervous. Not to see the groom, to see Vinod, if he is present.

Raji led first followed by Anitha and then it was me. I walked down the stairs. It would have been more than 15 + people around. I didnt feel like seeing any one's face. I had my head down. Amma asked me to do namasthe. I said "namasthae" and bowed my head. I saw Dad, Mom, Anni, Manav, baby, and few new faces around 4 - 5 of them. There was a neatly dressed man in mid twenties, I guessed it was the groom and Vinod was there.

God doenst understand. Why should he give me this kind of a situation. Appa asked me to sit and I sat next to Anni. Both the families spoke to each other, shared jokes and snacks. Nothing went into my ears.

Finally, I heard Dad's voice. "Kutty ma, now look above. Thats the groom. His name is Arun. He has done masters in Automobile Engineering. He is currently working in Cochin and will be moving to America very soon. They met you in Veena's function. The horoscope has matched. A very good match indeed.

I spoke to them about your studies. First you will get married after your exams and will move out only after 5 months. Till then you will be here. They have agreed to allow you to study further. Its all your wish even if you want to work.

So we have kept the options open. Its up to you to say or no. What ever be your answer, you can say that in this open space."

I wanted to ask Dad one thing, did ask too.." Appa, May I speak to Arun before I could say anything?" , I looked at Vinod. He was very silent and his eyes were filled with tears.

Arunarc, iswaryadevi, swaran and 4 others like this.

2. veeramachaneni

veeramachaneni Platinum IL'ite

Thank you for the Episode. It is very Nice.

3. sapthu02

sapthu02 Gold IL'ite

Thank you Veera. out with the next episode for tomorrow.

4. sushmavja

sushmavja Platinum IL'ite

5. saarang

saarang Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

6. anurar20

anurar20 IL Hall of Fame

good one..........what will she talk about.............post the next soon

7. esbanu

esbanu Gold IL'ite

nice episode Sapthu dear.. waitin for next episode.. :)

8. manisha.sanjay

manisha.sanjay Gold IL'ite

As usual nice episode,waiting for next...

9. phenox

phenox Silver IL'ite

nice episode

10. jayanthisuresh

jayanthisuresh Gold IL'ite

hey great going pa with nice twists..