1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Child and The Uphill Task - Valarppom Thannambbikkai 18

Discussion in 'Sundays with Varalotti' started by varalotti, Jul 1, 2007.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Usha,

Please bear with me for the delay in responding to your post. As this forum was not active after the conclusion of the series in Dinamalar I had not visited here.

I think your husban's case could become a case-study in self-confidence, motivation and winning against all odds.
    I too enrolled for the ISA (Information Systems Auditor) course conducted by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India when I was 45. Many people expressed doubts about my memory, my grasping and my endurance to stay for four hours in the final examination answering 200 questions. I had to get 150 answers right to pass the exams.
    I finished the exam in an hour and fifteen minutes, got 174 out of 200 right and was placed third in the country.
    It's all about hard work and the passion you bring to the work at hand.
    I am proud of your DH.
    love,

2. varalotti

Dear Spandhana,
    You are right about necessity being the mother of invention. In this case added to it, a real mother was there. And she made things happened.
    I can understand your problem Spandhana. Now I have the practice of splitting my posts in to small posts. For instance in the case of my serial A LOVE STORY (links are beneath my signature) every episode comes in 9 or 10 parts, and each part is just about 200 words or a few paragraphs. You can read one part at a time.
    Thanks once again, Spandhana.
    love,

3. apar_ram

apar_ram Silver IL'ite

Woww!!!
    I just happened to browse through and landed on this series. Wonderful articles. Very inspirational. You have a wonderful way of writing. I enjoyed every one of this series.
    Thannambikkaiyal naan saadhithathum pala undu. Felt very good to reminisce. Amazed that you stood all india 3rd even at the age of 45. Nothing can be got without hardwork. Kudos,
    Aparna

4. varalotti

Dear Aparna,
    It is very kind of you to have dug out this series almost after one year. I loved writing that series which appeared for 20 weeks in Dinamalar, Varamalar. I then compiled these into a book entitled Nambikkai Tharum Thannambikkai.
    ulakathin ella sadhanaikalum thannambikkaiyil thaan nadakkinrana. thannambikkai ullavanin mel thaan kadavulum nambikkai vaippar.
    thanks for the nice words, Aparna.
    love,
    sridhar

5. gsaikripa

gsaikripa Gold IL'ite

Dear shridhar Sir,

I love to read dinamalar from beginning itself.lot of good thing to read.Hardwork combined with Thannambikkai will always give very good results.

Thank you for sharing these stories ..

6. varalotti

Dear Saikripa,
    whatever came in Dinamalar and about 37 other articles came out as a book called Nambikkai Tharum Thannambikkai.
    You may get it from M/s Kavitha Publications, #8, Masilamani Street, T Nagar Chennai 600 017 (Phone : 044 -24364243) You may please talk to them over phone and ask about the terms. All my books are available with them. And let me know if you have any problem in getting those books.
    love,
    sridhar

7. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

very well said.....sometimes we see at the problems soo much that we fail to understand that this too shall pass....

8. varalotti

Thanks. Even this shall pass away is a very good motive. Hope you remember the poem with the same heading which you might have studied in your school? The king will have both good and bad happenings. The motto engraved on his ring reads "Even this shall pass away." Frequently referring to the motto makes the king a balanced man.
    love,
    sridhar

9. Bts

Bts Junior IL'ite

Wow .. Nice thread.. I am inspired.. Thats what i can say now. When I have an achievement worth mentioning i will definitely come back to this thread and update.
    I really liked the point , nothing is a limitation until you consider them so.
    Time for some action for me:bonk:coffee

10. varalotti

Thanks, BTS. Welcome to IL and to this forum. I am happy that you found the post inspiring. May you soon have a great achievement and may you come here soon to share your experiences.
    love,
    sridhar