1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The bottomless pit

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by sureshmiyer, Apr 23, 2011.

1. sureshmiyer

sureshmiyer Silver IL'ite

(please take the name of Gods if you happen to read this or better ignore it)

If you happen to dig the earth in Kerala and insert a broad tube, it should come out in Medellin, Columbia, South America. I read this in Google.

I also read that Stephen Hawking, British physicist saying “God is not needed”. "Because there is a law such as gravity, the universe can and will create itself from nothing," Modern physics "leaves no place for God in the creation of the universe,"

Now, I am not a scientist. I dreaded the study of physics as if it was created by devils. I can neither write books on God like many Babas nor can I write books on Science like Stephen Hawking as no one is going to publish them or read them.

No one can stop me from publishing a blog on my theory of physics and the Bottomless Pit.

The mythical Bottomless Pit will go deep down Kerala and come out in South America. I use the word mythical because no scientist will ever dare to think of such a pit in reality.

The question, I want to ask Stephen Hawking is
    “Whether digging of such pit is possible?”
    “What will happen if I fall into that pit. Will I come out in Columbia?”

I challenge that Stephen Hawking will start praying God but will not answer my question.

Coming to speak of gravity, whatever bookish knowledge I have gathered, my understanding goes that the centre of earth is a big magnet which pulls and acts as a gravitational force.

In case, I drop a pebble inside the mythical pit, the pebble will suspend in mid-air at the centre of the earth, if my guess is right. It cannot fall and come out in Columbia.

Suppose, I jump inside the pit, I will go deep down within seconds and will be suspended in mid-air as the gravitational forces at the center of the earth will keep me suspended in the middle of the earth. From this point, either I will have to climb towards Columbia or Kerala.

I swear before Physics that my theory is 100% correct. I want Stephen Hawking to prove me wrong?

[Too many Godmen and too many blogs on corruption, so I wanted to be scientific]

2. sojourner

sojourner Silver IL'ite

Interesting speculation.

According to the this, the inner core of the earth is solid iron. It is surrounded by a liquid core at 4300 deg C.

Of course, nobody will be able to dig a hole through the core.
    ---------------------------
    Is the picture above you?

3. sureshmiyer

hi thanks

the picture above me is me, me and me only :)
    do i not look like kamal haasan, ha ha

cheers
    suresh

4. sojourner

sojourner Silver IL'ite

> do i not look like kamal haasan

Yes, you do. Unfortunately, you look like me also :)

5. sureshmiyer

there cant be 3 kamalhaasans

cheers
    suresh

6. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Suresh,

one of the most fascinating blogs I have ever read. Most interesting theory :thumbsup:thumbsup. I however feel, if you fell in or threw a pebble in, you would not be suspended in midair. You would probably never reach the centre, given its temperature :coffee.

7. maalti

maalti Gold IL'ite

Hi suresh, interesting blog. Did you see the movie, "a journey to the center of the earth"?

8. sureshmiyer

I havent seen the movie
    have you?

the name sounds interesting

thanks

cheers
    suresh

9. sureshmiyer

thanks for your comments

whether it can suspend mid air or not
    I will leave it to the scientists :rotfl

cheers
    suresh

10. sojourner

sojourner Silver IL'ite

Suresh,

I thought about your thought experiment some more. Assuming that a cylindrical hole can be dug, an insulating sleeve inserted, and a politician dropped in that hole, I do think that he would fall up to the center of the hole and no further. I would love ask this question of some physicist but don't know who to ask.

Sojourner