1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Bookaholics

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by blackbeauty84, Sep 12, 2017.

1. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

That's really sad about your cousin's husband. For few reading is more like a breathing.

2. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

blackbeauty nice to know you're a member of bookholics club. True nothing beats holding book in your hand, feeling the paper and turning pages even in this age of Kindle. In fact my wife says books are her co-wives and I show more attention to them.

shyamala1234 likes this.
  3. GellerGreen

GellerGreen Silver IL'ite

Hi BB,

Good snippet :) Nice to know your son enjoys books. My son is also of similar age. Could you tell me what all kind of books you have introduced to him. I have given board books (animals, numbers, colours), simple story books. Which books he reads before sleep? Mine asks me to tell some stories.

4. blackbeauty84

Oh great to know we feel the same regarding physical copy of books. Regarding your wife I think you should pass on the book addiction bug to her :)

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
    Thyagarajan likes this.
  5. blackbeauty84

Hi GellarGreen,
    I have introduced board books, flap books and sound books to him. He loves lifting the flaps and enjoys that. He is generally fond of animals and has picked up few animal books to read before bed time.
    These remain his favorite:
    That's not my series
    Whose Feet/Tail etc series
    Tickle Tickle
    Peter Rabbit series
    Click Clack series

6. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Sorry for the interference.
    Good picture books with animals, pages which make sounds attract any kid. A small piece of advice. Do not start teaching them alphabets or numbers. A kind of aversion comes. First let them enjoy the books. Learning would come anyway. I know a kid saying to his dad as soon as he gets a book " I am not going to count!!!!"
    Syamala

7. teenulahari

teenulahari Gold IL'ite

Dear BB,

Nice snippet on Books. I am also a book lover, Indeed my whole family is. In our house we have a separate room full of books arranged in genres say, spirituality, story books, novels, science, detective stories, magazines etc. My grandpa & my aunts are great book collectors. We even gave books to libraries. Last summer I visited my home town. I found my room dirty so me and my sister started cleaning it and then we found a old Trunk.
    The trunk was full of books mostly Telugu Novels of Eddanapudi Sulochana Rani, some English classics of R.K.Narayan, Rabindranath Tagore, H.G.Wells. I was so happy. Thanks for sharing a nice snippet on books it refreshed my memories.

Love
    Teenu.:)

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
    Thyagarajan and shyamala1234 like this.
  8. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

I have a cousin who loves books. His wife, though not hatred for books, she wants him to spend more time talking with her than books. She is T.V. serials addict....from 7 to 10 daily. He spends that time reading in his room. Says "I am lucky that she is a serial addict!"
    Syamala

Thyagarajan and teenulahari like this.
  9. blackbeauty84

Hi Teenu,
    Thanks for your snippet.
    It's great when whole family shares the love for books. Wow about the treasure you found last summer. I think that would have been the best treasure you have discovered.

teenulahari likes this.
  10. blackbeauty84

Wow It works out well for both of them :)