1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The (black)buck Stops Here (hopefully)

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Balajee, Apr 8, 2018.

1. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

“Name?”

“Salman Khanl”

Mr.Khan you stand before this single judge bench of Supreme Court accused of shooting a black buck. Do you plead guilty or not guilty?”

“Is eliminating black buck a crime? Don’t you think I should get an award or something?”

“How come?”

Every political p[arty promises to eliminate black bucks when it comes to power but instead therse guys accumulate black bucks in banks overseas. I instead put an end to a black buck. I have done that in many movies. Nothing happens. But in real life I end a lack buck’s life and I am supposed to be guilty?”

“We are not talking about THOSE black buck Mr.Khan but the one you allegedly shot”

“Shooting is a part of my everyday life. I get shot by cameras all the time. So what is the big deal?”

“The court is talking about the black buck, the ANIMAL black buck you allegedly hunted and killed,Mr.Khan””

“Oh dear, you are talking about THAT? I remember such an incident hazily. I think iIT must have happened in my twenties or thirties . Now when I am kissing my nineties , my memory plays tricks with me. I mix up my black bucks”

“ Yes, this case has been going on quite long”

“Quite long? It strted when I was in mty early thirties. Lasted in the lower court for 20 years .It then went to the high court. Thirty plus years there and I was in my late eighties when thjr trisal ended there “

“What were you doing all the time?”

“ I was on bail shooting movies. First as hero. Then when age started creeping up on me, I switched over to playing the hero or heroine’s dad, then grand dad. And remained outside the jail, on bail for all these years, Also got married when I was in my sixties. Girls thought I was marriage material only then realizing that then I had lost all my desire to turn them into punching bags..

“We are not interested in your conjugal life Mr.Khan. But going by evidence we find you guilty of shooting the black buck”

“Aw , you won’t send a wheelchair-bound 90-year old guy to jail will you? The entire Bollywood would be paralyzed . Lot of producers are baking on me. I am playing wheelchair bound great-granddad in many movies.”

“That does not mean you can get away with a crim?”

“Oh yeah? Let me narrate an incident here Years ago , I was carefully driving my car on a Mumbai footpath when guys sleeping on the footpath ran over my car”.

“You mean, your car ran over them”.

“My car was damged . Obviously they ran overe the car. Anyway I got out on that case. So therer is no reason why I can’t be freed in this cas too, If I am convicted I will appeal to a three or four judge bemch. If I fail there too I will appeal to even higher bench saying my convection was unconstipational”

Unconstitutional, Mr.Khan”

“Sorry, your honour. When you are touching your nineties, such malapropisms are bound to occur.

, By the way is there a chance of presidential pardon in my case. If not , I will probably touch 100 by the time the matter goes before the constitutional bench and a decision is taken”.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2018

2. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Balajee,
    You have perfectly.described how our legal system works. By the way....is there a legal system in our country. The law, police, judges....all are just puppets or dummies. Do you think they are interested or committed to do justice!!!!!
    Reminding me of Kamalji's blogs.
    Syamala

3. MonikaSG

MonikaSG Platinum IL'ite

Our legal system is much better than pakistan.

4. ashima10

ashima10 Platinum IL'ite

I hate Salman Khan Supporters more than the person himself.
    Seriously how retard can a fan get to support /fight for someone who posisbly has committed most of the crimes.
    Murder, assault, killing endangered /religious specie....drink & drive...

how does he sleep!

madras2018, Sandycandy and Sunburst like this.
  5. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

@Balajee Sir, I can guess he will escape from this blackbuck poaching case also as how he acquitted of all charges in hit and run case. He already got bail and everything will be happen how you described because of Indian legal system. Anything can happen due to Money and power rules in India.

Sandycandy likes this.
  6. Sunburst

Sunburst Platinum IL'ite

Just like his movies , his court cases also lack logic . We audience had a good entertainment last few days and the climax was predictable that the hero will walk away with his trademark swag . Why do we even have a legal system in india ? Ohh , forgot maybe for the poor and middle class .

How do his fans justify his sins by saying that he is doing so much charity work so he should be pardoned . So first kill someone and then do charity, that should nullify the sins .

Last edited: Apr 9, 2018
    Archanaanchan, Sandycandy and shravs3 like this.
  7. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

The idiots that claim he is charitable don’t know that Being Human was nothing but a PR exercise for all the trouble he had gotten into with the drunk driving and abusing girlfriends phase. He would definitely be a good subject for a sociology thesis , how one individual with no acting capabilities whatsoever and bad behavior to boot could still influence the law, his fans and the whole movie industry.
    Also notable is that the one poor police officer that was brave enough to be a witness in his drunk driving case nearly vanished from the face of the earth. But no one is interested what happen to him.

@ashima10 He can sleep well at night thanks to the hard liquor that he is addicted to. Also surrounding himself with bootlickers I am sure helps.

8. Archanaanchan

Archanaanchan IL Hall of Fame

Often when a public figure has a die hard fan base or connections with strong political background ,escape is much easier. The sin or the mistake doesnt look greater. Are such who freely walk with all the sins made are iconic figures in India . What a shame ?!

'Being Human' is for running the car over some poor people who slept on pavement,case still unproved and never be proved!!

How are we still encouraging such brutal crime by someone n calling him a super star?

Sandycandy and Sunburst like this.
  9. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

It is not losing faith in the clout of money!
    It is our Judicial System that vindicates such criminals from the
    clutches of Law.
    In one case the murder accused was given a sentence of 7 years
    by the Sessions Court.
    The High Court had made it a sentence for Life.
    The accused is one of the Modern day Fathers of Higher Education in Tamilnadu.
    He was apprehended when he wanted to flee the Country at Trichy Airport.
    This is not the end of the story.
    The Supreme Court acquitted him honourably and he walked as a free man.
    In Civil cases it is still worse.
    A husband filed for a case for Divorce on the grounds of Desertion
    and cruelty.
    The Hindu Marriage Act, 1956 Clearly has provided that the case filed
    should be decided within SIX months from the date of filing the case.
    The Family Court took takes, believe me, Five years to dismiss the application.
    The High Court has no mind to to even list the case before three years from filing the appeal.
    By the time he knocks the door of Supreme Court and gets relief a decade and half
    could have easily gone down the drain.
    But the Law says denial of Conjugal Right is itself would gain a Divorce.
    Inconsistencies and indifference all the way.
    This is our Judicial System.
    I am surprised why Big filthy rich Criminals flee the Country?
    All they have to do is to file a case or contest the case in the Courts engaging
    the Harish Salves and his ilk.
    The present day Judicial Administration would see that to it they are free from all toubles.
    But the irony is Jurisprudence shouts from the roof top that Justice delayed is
    Justice denied.

Jayasala42

10. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Was it Charles Dickens who said "Law is an ass"? It is an ass that only kicks the poor litigants hard. The rich can afford to drag their cases for eons hiring fatcat lawyers and staying out of prison.

Sunburst likes this.