1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Beauty And The Brain - Episode 9 - Serial With Weekly Episodes

Discussion in 'The Beauty And The Brain - Serial Story' started by varalotti, May 5, 2006.

1. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,
    Yeah as usual you have explained your thoughts behind the story or characters very well..... yeah i am aware that it is a love story, but since both the hero and heroine have had other deep rooted feelings before they met , i feel personally a lot of time is needed before they will fall head over heels in love, since one has been betrayed, she will find it difficult to trust again, and the other has had a good love life.....of course we can feel the hesitation inboth of them, but since there is some fast paced action created by our accountant, we are awaiting that and how Swetha will be rescued from Khan than how she will unite with Sethu!
    So looks like i am still ready to accept you as a thriller writer than a romance writer...or maybe my expectations were different :confused: let's wait and watch....:?
    Thanks for patiently replying to our comments....

2. Jana

Jana Senior IL'ite

Dear Sir,

I am new member writing to you for first time. But I read all episodes. This story is very nice. This week you have written best episode. You write like ladies Sivasankari, Indumathi in this episode.

3. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

What Words, Meena! Emotion/Judgment driving seat/back seat!

Hello Meena,
    There is a fundamental difference between my earlier serial and this. That was a thriller to start with and love was on the side. This is a love story and there is a thriller on the side, lest this should not become a Mills and Boon stuff.
    Your metaphor on driving seat/back seat captures the essence of a celebrity's life. I have seen many great artists be it actors or musicians leading highly emotional lives. In the world of romantics and classics, they are the romantics. In the other extreme you find the classics - the accountants, the neurosurgeons, the plumbers and the masons. (You might have read my snippet Romantics and The Classics here in IL)
    This serial is an attempt to bring a romantic and a classic together.
    I am happy that you liked the Raji incident. There are some who feel that the incident slows down the tempo. But I feel that every now and then I have to bring in some human element in Sethu lest he should be confused with the computer he is using to detect the fraud.
    I strain a lot to determine the ending point of an episode. I write two or three episodes at a stretch and then for the next three weeks toy with many ending points. Your words make me feel that I am deciding correctly.
    Thanks once again for the nice words, Meena.
    I want you to read my story in Deccan Herald (for which I have posted the links in a separate thread) and give me your comments.
    regards,
    sridhar

4. varalotti

Purring With Contentment!

Dear Sharada,
    Thanks for making me an exception to the rule applicable to accountants. And I am happy that this episode has won the ISO 9000 certification though the previous episode didn't.
    Your statement about NIs are perfectly true. But at times I feel they are carrying that extroversion a little too fare.
    I saw Hum Aap Ke Hai Khon in 95. Felt a little uncomfortable seeing the relationship between Bhabi and brother in law.
    In our place we don't even see our Bhabi's face.
    I remember a scene in the epic Ramayana.
    When Ravana carried Seetha she threw away her jewels one by one so that she can be traced. When Ram and Lakshman come and pick up those jewels Lakshman identifies only those jewels that Sita wears in her feet. Because, the poet says, he had seen only his Bhabi's feet while paying his respects to her every day.
    From that to HumAap Ke Hai Khon is a kind of cultural shock for me. I don't say whether this is good or that is good. But for me it was shockingly different.
    thanks for the clearance certificate. Have 3 more exams to pass.
    regards,
    Varalotti

5. varalotti

The Battle Is Set Now; E10 Is Out!

Most Gracious ILites,
    Episode 10 has just been posted. The battle lines are drawn. And the scene is set. What's going to happen next?
    Let's keep our fingers crossed.
    As usual your Varalotti is waiting for your comments. Will I pass the test this time?
    regards,
    sridhar