1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Beauty And The Brain - Episode 8 - Serial With Weekly Episodes

Discussion in 'The Beauty And The Brain - Serial Story' started by varalotti, Apr 29, 2006.

1. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

I wonder....

Hey freind...ofcourse it is NOT confined to Jacks...am I not a Jill?! Surely , I am! No doubt, you are the ONLY Induslad here:))
    You know what Sridhar, I too am very curious. Will a Sethu be interested in Swetha if she was disfigured? You are a man and know how a man's mind and fantasy works. Will a real Man be interested in a disfigured but still, a sweet Swetha? My curiosity is more than just that. If Swetha is beautiful from inside, why should a disfigurement matter.....Afterall, love IS blind.
    Ofcourse, this is your story and I will be happy whichever way your imagination will take us, as long as it is reasonable. But it needs a special type of hero to adore a person who is handicapped. I want my protagonist to be just that , a real Hero. But....if wishes were horses....
    Anyways, thanks for your patient answers. I have a high esteem for your patience and love for your readers.

L, Kamla

2. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

You Name The Gift Chitra..

Dear Chitra,
    As usual you are right. And you know the song was Mullai Malar Mele.... I liked another song in that movie "Kaathiruppan Kamalakannan". Padmini would have promised to see her lover, the Good Shivaji but she would have been captured and would be forced to dance before the bad one. Meanwhile Good Shivaji would be waiting for her restlessly. And at that moment when Padmini dances to the song "Kaathiruppan Kamala..." I could not find such romance in the modern movies. Maybe I am geting outmoded, outfashioned and outdated....
    Chitra, you would have observed that I have moulded Sethu's character with both the old and new. The software he uses is ultra modern but his tastes are conservative. As Vidya said I have cast Sethu in my mould. I am using an audit software which is the most modern (CAATalyze) but I love and get crazy over Mullai Malar Mele...
    But Chitra, lest others might guess my age with all these clues, I have to tell you that I saw Uthamaputhiran when it did its 17th round or so. (OK ILites now you can't venture to guess my age; I can't resist declaring that I am the only ILite who has posted his year of birth in the public profile. No other ILite (at least to my knowledge) has done that. Any challengers?)
    And now the gift. You just name the gift Chitra. I will personally come and hand deliver it to you. To such a great lady it is disrespect to send the gift through courier.
    regards,
    sridhar

3. varalotti

No Claws After My Birthday, Vidya!

Hello Vidya,
    Now B & B Serial is all hearts and no claws. And there is no need for you to borrow a heart, as already have one made of solid gold.
    Thanks a lot for the subtle comments. I confess Vidya the trickiest part of serial writing (which I have discovered in B&B) is to stop the serial at the right moment. I edited the last few words atleast a 100 times, patching something from the ninth and then lifting it back to ninth. Changing the words, the order of events and so on. I am very happy to get a pucca ISO Certification for that.
    That was a very touching sentiment, Vidya, to expect fidelity in husbands when the wives are dead and gone. But that kind of fidelity is the least in men. I know thousands of ladies who have opted not to remarry even though they were widowed at a very young age. On the other hand I know only a very few men who have not remarried after their wives' deaths.
    A man in his mid 70s is my client. His dil was driving a two-wheeler in Chennai. She met with an accident, had an head-injury and died on the spot. The husband was in his early forties with a grown up son and daughter. And the beauty is the son remarried within 6 months after his wife's death. Even his father was against that. But he did not listen. May be men are hard-wired like that, I don't know.
    As to Sethu's characterisation, as of now, there is only a mutual caring and affection which would have happened if Sethu and Swetha belonged to the same sex, given their circumstances. How will it develop.... let's wait and see.
    I am elated to be conferred "brahmarishi" degree by none other than the one and only Sage Vasishta himself.
    thanks for the nice words,
    Varalotti

4. varalotti

Jack and Jill and Disfigured Face!

Dear Friend,
    I just said that the proverb you had in mind (All work and no play makes jack a dull boy) does not refer to Jill. So....
    Well let's get to what's more important. Will Sethu continue to love Swetha after her face got disfigured?
    Good question. Sethu is a nice man. Had his wife Raji suffered the same fate his love for her would not have come down even by an iota. But Swetha is just his client now. There is some affinity between them because of the similarity of their problems. They are thrown together because of circumstances. At this age I don't want Sethu to be bound to Swetha after her face got disfigured.
    When the relationship is just starting to bud all the factors are important, Kamla. Only when the love is on firm ground factors like disfigured face will not mar the relationship.
    Let's be practical. Except for a saint it will be impossible for a man to fall in love with a girl who has a disfigured face. But having fallen in love and having lived together there won't be any problem in continuing the relationship because of this accident.
    As of now the best course for us is to keep our fingers crossed, or to use the Indian expression, keep our hands folded in prayer that good should win over the evil.
    regards,
    sridhar

5. Sharada

Sharada Senior IL'ite

Time for some acid!

When it gets too sweet and cloying it's time to throw acid! Of all the episodes so far I found this to be slow moving and very much out of a Mills and Boon book. There are a few errors - chiffon (not shiffon)- how can Sethu be wearing black trousers and navy blue slack at the same time - Varalotti must have meant jacket.
    Kamla, like you I've just shifted residence -and every muscle (didn't know I had so many!) is still aching. When I wake up I feel like a google search engine as everyone's asking me to search for something or the other! Still, I can't miss even a single episode of B and B - and have to post my comments!
    Will Khan succeed with his diabolical plan or will Swetha's beauty be saved is what the next episode will be based on. And then...is what we are waiting for. The romance is budding - but will take more time to flower.
    From the beauty with brains, (ha! ha!)
    Sharada

Last edited: May 1, 2006
  6. varalotti

The Episode Is Complete Only Now!

Dear Sharada,
    I could not start writing the 9th episode till I got the final verdict from the high priest.
    Regarding chiffon/shiffon and slack/jacket will correct it right now. The first one is because of sheer ignorance and the second one because of carelessness.
    Though I did not promise a roller coaster ride for this serial the last episode was fast moving. And it has to be alternated with a slow-paced episode. We can't be having feast every day.
    Your describing yourself as a Google was both humorous and realistic. In my house my wife is the Google. On one occasion I asked her to search for my lucky comb. Poor lady, she searched the whole house in the same manner tax sleuths raid a premises. The end result was nothing. The comb was not to be found. I was about to shout and let out steam when I found the comb in one of my pant-pockets. This happened four years back; but even now my wife and my daughter will not hesistate to describe the incident if I asked them to search for something.
    Dear beauty with the brains, may be I'll try something racy for the next episode.
    thanks for joining us, though late.
    regards,
    Varalotti

7. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Welcome to the club....

.....of aches and pains Sharada:)
    I am constatntly perplexed as to why, o why did I collect so much stuff! I am so glad that someone else has just had the same experience and can empathize with me. I am still in the process and dread that I will be searching for things for the next many weeks!
    Coming to B&B, I too did wonder about the 'slacks'! But thought that may be it had another meaning in the local colloquial....
    Yes, waiting to see how the mystery questions will be unravelled next.
    BTW..All the best in your new Home.
    And Varalotti...thanks for letting us use your forum for personal rants:))
    L, Kamla

8. varalotti

I Should Thank You, Kamla!

Dear Kamla,
    No need to thank me; I should thank you for using the forum for personal rants. Those things make an interesting reading.
    Next time I want these rants to be more spicy and more exciting. If you and Sharada try you can come up with something. ha ha ha.
    It is our forum and not mine.
    Varalotti

9. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Narada muni:)

Haa...You will want that , wont you?.....spicy and exciting; Sharada and me(!); plus "ha ha ha" from you....Sridharji...I too am sure you will enjoy that. But as both of us have crying muscles right now, we shall oblige you at a later date:)

Promising you sparks...

L & R..Kamla :)

10. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

hello

Would like to see Sethu wear some Chinos and T-shirts. Wearing a pin striped suit in aamchi mumbai must be sweltering, even in the AC.

PS: My nails have grown a bit in a day. Meeow.