1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Beauty And The Brain - Episode 8 - Serial With Weekly Episodes

Discussion in 'The Beauty And The Brain - Serial Story' started by varalotti, Apr 29, 2006.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Khan vs Sethu, That's Right Purnima!

Having packed so much events in the 7th episode I wanted this episode to run in a different direction - romance. As the day of posting happened to be my b'day I wanted it to be romantic. I have been dubbed as a die-hard romantic by my friends and fans. So I wanted to have a go at it.
    The accountant and the actor are at the far ends - as far as the excitement in their professions are concerned. I have made them meet and fall in love, at least, start falling in love. If Swetha's face is disfigured will the romance continue? A million dollar question, let's see.
    Of course excitement in profession is a personal perspective. I have seen boring ad models and exciting accountants.
    Thanks for being the first reviewer and thank for the nice words, Purnima.
    sridhar

2. varalotti

Suspense Getting Intense - Nice Words Varloo

Dear Varloo,
    Swetha helping Sethu to regain all his senses and an emphasis on the words all and the senses. Varloo, you are becoming great at indirectly describing the romance budding between them.
    While Swetha revives his senses, Khan revives his brain by placing Swetha in greater and greater risks.
    Now a question for you while I plan my next episode.
    If Swetha's face is disfigured, will Sethu still love her? If Swetha's beauty is gone will there still be interest in this serial?
    regards,
    sridhar

3. varalotti

Now You Have Put me In a Spot, Prathiba!

Dear Prathiba,
    thanks for the nice words. For all the writers the world over it is only the real world which supplies them with the cast and the story line. And I am happy you have spotted the characters right. Normally I don't want to paint my hero and villain white and black. But in al long serial that is the only way to sustain interest, unless you are a master storyteller like Shakespeare who can afford a bad hero, a principled villain and so on.
    Now I am worried about the last part of your post. You have categorically told that you want something different and don't want the run on the mill stuff. Now please tell me how the story will develop run on the mill type so that I'll correct myself.
    There are two ways of creating a difference. One is having an unexpected story line which by itself will be different. Second is having an expected story development but bring in as many nuances and novelties as possible so that people feel it is different.
    Though every one would say that they prefer the first method, unfortunately, I have seen that is not actually liked or understood by many. Amateurs like me will go by the second method as that would attract the maximum people.
    Anyhow, Ma'am, if you let me know what is different or what is run on the mill, at this time of the story, I'll do something about it, if I can.
    Thanks for the nice words, Prathi.
    sridhar

4. varalotti

I Know that You Know - You Deserve a Gift, Chitra

Dear Chitra,
    This episode has an contradiction unconsciously built into it. ACL (Audit Command Language) as a software became popular only after 2000. The movie-scene that Sethu talks about is as old as me. Yes the film was released in 1958. It doesn't take an Albert Einstien to figure out that you know the name of the movie. It would have come when you were in your late teens, right? And it would have been to you, what Chandramuki is to the modern generation.
    I deliberately introduced that dialogue just to make our younger friends know that a love song where the hero and heroine are four feet apart could be a such a turn on.
    Swetha is not surprised but quite amazed at Sethu's taste.
    But all said and done an actress and an accountant would be as opposite as opposites can be. But this time opposites are in the same boat and that's the whole story.
    Khan listened to the message correctly. ... No I don't want to spoil the suspense for you and others. Less than 140 hours to go. Please keep your fingers crossed.
    Chitra, why don't you announce the name of the movie, the song, how did you see the movie and what is your views on it?
    That will make this review column really exciting. Please do it for my sake.
    regards,
    sridhar

5. varalotti

I Am Not That Dull To Miss That Proverb, Kamla!

Thanks for the nice words. I am sorry I tempted you to read my story when you were busy packing.
    I am dull, no doubt. But not that dull to miss the proverb you have hinted at. Ha ha... by the way does the proverb apply to Jills also or is it confined to Jack only? Just to usurp some feminists, ha ha ha ha.
    So much of beauty, that kind of riches, and that kind of lifestyle - all these are a sure recipe for high-risks.
    Now if Swetha's face is disfigured will Sethu still love her? How will he react to Swetha with a horrible face?
    Please be prepared with answers for these questions before next week. You may need them. Don't tell me I have not warned.
    Thanks for the most precious time spent in reading the story amidst your tight work.
    Wish you a hassle-free shifting and a much more happier life in your new home.
    regards,
    sridhar

6. Ushakrishnan64

Ushakrishnan64 Silver IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,

What is happening between S & S at the moment is mutual admiration and not LOVE...Sethu will need more time to get over his family tragedy and fall in love with Swetha and accept her as life-partner. Whether they fall in love or not...can wait few more episodes..don't you agree??

At the time when Sethu is trying to coming out of his family tragedy, he should not face another accident. Sethu's intelligence and experience should help Swetha to avert the accident.
    Sridhar, now instead of asking if Sethu will continue to love Swetha if she is disfigured in the accident, please give it a positive turn. Ultimately Truth has to triumph!!

Regards
    USHA KRISHNAN

7. varalotti

Thanks Sudha!

Dear Sudha,
    Thanks for the nice words. I cant at this time give any guarantee on Sethu's cleverness. Maybe we would be seeing Sethu as a compassionate man when he accepts a Swetha with disfigured face. Or....
    no I don't want to commit.
    Actually writing the next episode will be a tough job as I have to handle so many things at once. Let me try.
    thanks once again,
    sridhar

8. varalotti

No Guarantees, Either Way, Usha!

Dear Usha,
    To be very frank a personal tragedy is no guarantee that Sethu will not fall in love. Their love relationship is going to be a big question mark till the very last episode. (Now I am planning to finish the serial in 12 episodes)
    I can already see signs of anxiety in you, Usha, that Swetha may be hurt. Agreed, Sethu is super-intelligent and he belongs to our profession. Even that is not a guarantee against the treacherous plans of Khan and his henchmen.
    So what's going to happen?
    In less than 140 hours it will be unveiled for your view.
    Thanks for your kind birthday wishes and nice words about the story. Have you worked with ACL?
    regards,
    sridhar

9. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

I want a real gift, not a virtual gift !

Dear Sridhar,
    Why will I not write about my favourite Shivaji- Padmini combination ?
    Uthama Puthiran had Shivaji in a double role, good ( with Padmini ) & bad ( helen etc).
    It ran for packed houses for many days & I saw it not less than a few ( ? ) times.
    Please do not compare with Chandramukhi - much more fascinatined we were by that movie ! There is no need to assess my age with reference to the movie by asking if I was teenaged then, Sridhar ! I was a young girl, period.
    The others which still I remember with Shivaji-Padmini combination are
    Marakatham - P was young & absolutely " divine" - kunkumappoove by Chandrababu was a main hit in that movie.
    Thangapathumai - indru namathullame
    Deivap piravi - Anbale thediya en ( I have a story behind this movie ! )
    Kaveri - Manjal veyil
    Kalyanam akiyum brahmachari - Vennilaavum vanum pole
    Puthaiyal - vinnodum mannodum
    Thillana Mohanambal - which song shall i mention & which shall I leave ? Everything was just " superb" about that movie.
    Now, let me force to stop myself - otherwise I wll go on & on.....
    Now, please do not forget to send the gift across by courier at the earliest.
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

10. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

mast hai

Hello Varalotti,

I just had a manicure, so my nails (or claws as you call them) are all trimmed and polished. And borrowed a heart along the way- so here goes. E8 was good. You are building the story line well and narrating it fitfully. And always manage to leave us waiting for the next episode. Khan reminds me of Gulshan Grover or Shakti Kapoor- doesn't get baser than that. Sweta reminds me of Trisha and Sethu of you. I am an incurable romantic, so it is kinda cute to see Sweta and Sethu liking each other. But as Usha has suggested, maybe he should grieve for his dead family especially wife a little more, before moving on. We women appreciate fidility in our husbands, especially when we are dead and gone.

So, as we Mumbaikars say, E8 'mast hai'!!

regards
    Vidya