1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Beauty And The Brain - Episode 5 - Serial With Weekly Episodes

Discussion in 'The Beauty And The Brain - Serial Story' started by varalotti, Apr 7, 2006.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

The Beauty And The Brain
    Thanks Malathy and all the ILites for your support, encouragement and participation.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2007

2. varalotti

The Beauty And The Brain
    Thanks Malathy and all the ILites for your support, encouragement and participation.

3. varalotti

The Beauty And The Brain

4. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

No time to apply brakes to our imagination!

Oh no Sridhar,...you cannot stop the narration now...that was even a greater jolt than what could have actually happened there.....i felt i was on the Quallis myself....the visual imagery was good!:clap Well you stopped ur narration with a sharp brake, but you cannot stop our imagination, it has gone far ahead without any time for applying a brake!.........

Well...the narration speed was just right,, taking us through the brilliant CA's life....and you have described the role the husbands play in this fast moving world very accurately! Of course it does feel it is a totally different story since no mention of Swetha and Sharada....but we all await their meeting with Sethu with anticipation!

But i really don't feel like reading the next episode....it is going to be more sad:cry: !

Keep it up....and it was a pleasant surprise to get the 5th episode one day early!

5. meenu

meenu Bronze IL'ite

your pace amazes me.

Dear varlotti,
    This episode is totally different from previous one.The tempo is so good that I could not take my eyes off the episode. You have brought out well how in this fast world. family support is very necessary for a busy person.The accident is the anticlimax and I shudder to think of the unhappiness it is going to bring. One week is too long to wait. Why dont you post it two days earlier?
    keep the tempo going.
    meenu

6. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Relates typically to a upper middle class life !

Dear Sridhar.
    The first four lines give a hint that tragedy was following shortly !
    After state-of-art hospital, bollywood etc, this is refreshing because this is similar to the life we live ! Married to an accountant (like you & sethu , ofcourse), I have also had to put up with my husband's demanding profession. We have a daughter and a son as well. ThankGod, there the similarity ends - no accidents followed !
    In this serial, your last sentence is beautifully written in every episode & I enjoy it very much.
    You have nicely described the short life they lived. Most of the present day fathers have no time to get involved in their children's school functions & the associated small pleasures. The stock taking is done, once the children fly out of the nest, by which time it is too late.
    Sridhar, in the introduction to this episode you have mentioned how some people show their love to babies by throwing them up in the air, handling them roughly etc.It shows their love, no doubt, but it also reveals the natural sadistic streak inherent in them. You cannot deny this, Sridhar. I do not want to write more about this !
    Looking forward to the next episode - does Sethu aggressively plunge back into his profession ?
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

7. Sharada

Sharada Senior IL'ite

stands alone

This episode stands alone as the linkage hasn't been established. Characters from the Haunted House seem to be returning. Perhaps Sethu and Sharada are destined to meet in this serial (janma)!
    Varalotti has written about his profession this time; perhaps many facts are gleaned from his personal experiences. Because the episode ends just before the collision there are many permutations and combinations that the reader can deduce. The relaxed and loving ambience of the family will soon be shattered.
    Varalotti has said that each person reacts and treats babies differently - some do so gingerly, scared they may drop the wriggly baby and some throw them high up in the air. But I'm impatient for this baby (episode) to grow up - cos there's too much of suspense!
    Sharada

Last edited: Apr 8, 2006
  8. meenaprakash

meenaprakash Silver IL'ite

beautiful side of life...

Hello Sridhar,

Reading thru this episode was a pleasure in itself. most of us would relate to this episode easily - a cute little family, work pressures, busiest hubby, taking care of little ones, then the fmaily outings and finally what did u say, Accident ???? oh, no no, pls don't shatter our Sethu's life, pls. He just had a taste of the beautiful family he holds.

Beautiful narration, just reading this episode brings a smile - it just reflects the life of modern day family.
    but is all that gonna end??? what happens next ???
    where & when do Sharada & Sethu meet??? await the link..

Did loosing the family in the accident push Sethu to end his life??? Is he admitted in the same hospital as Shwetha is??? Tooo many questions?????

You are the best story-teller in town... reading ur episode is like watching a movie, Sridhar.

9. purnima_2k

purnima_2k Senior IL'ite

Another story???

Varalotti!

We had a wonderful exerience -- two stories in one! I almost forgot the existance of Shwetha. This snippet was an eye opener-- not only for workoholic men , but also for women who work day in and out and dont have any time for their kids. At least for Sethu's children, his wife was there to take care of them, but what about so many other families, where both father and mother are working and appoint an ayah to take care of their children??-- feel really sorry for them.

You write great.. one episode after the other, your writing skills show your dedication, sincerity and quality. You know what Varalotti, i dont know about how much of time you spend with your family,but all the other traits-- of Sethu being a perfectionist, organised, Extremely well qualified etc.. reminds me of YOU. Everytime, there was a sentence with "Sethu", i imagined "Sridhar" ...

Great going Sir! We are eagerly awaiting future episodes!

REgards,
    Purnima

Last edited: Apr 8, 2006
  10. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Oh no!...

...is what I said when I came to the end of this episode. It is quite telling as to where the unfortunate accident is going to lead us to...more tragedy. But then, the story has to go on and changing fortunes of characters and their outcomes makes a powerful story, I guess. Shall wait with an open mind Sridhar sir, and see what twists and turns you are going to take us through on this roller coaster ride, as it seems to be at this point.

The introduction you wrote for this episode was very enjoyable. Your appreciation of your readers' comments and your approach to criticism is commendable. This can only make you a greater writer and we can be content in the knowledge that greater novels are to come, for our greater pleasure only:)

As aside: Here's praying that next week your work takes you away from Thursday to Saturday and you will be posting the 6th episode on Wednesday itself ;-)

(I am sure your wife will not like me...ha ha ha.)

All in good humor...Kamla