1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Beauty And The Brain - Episode 3 - Serial With Weekly Episodes

Discussion in 'The Beauty And The Brain - Serial Story' started by varalotti, Mar 25, 2006.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

The Beauty And The Brain
    Thanks Malathy and all the ILites for your support, encouragement and participation.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2007

2. varalotti

The Beauty And The Brain - Episode 3

The Beauty And The Brain
    Thanks Malathy and all the ILites for your support, encouragement and participation.

3. varalotti

The Beauty And The Brain - Episode 3

The Beauty And The Brain

4. varalotti

Please Post Your Commentsy Before Thursday!

Most Gracious ILites,
    Just now posted the 3rd episode. Please post your comments latest before Thursday. I will give a consolidated reply before Friday morning.
    Please remember your comments provide inputs for the future episodes.
    Happy reading.
    Varalotti

5. meenaprakash

meenaprakash Silver IL'ite

I'm relieved,

Hello Sridhar,

The tension continues from 2<SUP>nd</SUP> episode and runs thru the initial paras of this episode too. You’ve beautifully explained medical tourism, which is the in-thing, and Dr Reddy very closely resemble the Chief of Apollo hospitals.
    I like the phrase, converting every crisis into an opportunity – and the description emotionally underdeveloped, that clearly shows the cutthroat attitude of Dr Reddy.
    Most of the time when someone is alone & in deep trouble, God sends a saviour and here Sharada looks like an angel to me. Hats off to Sharada for going thru such tense moments and her determination to go thru it to save Shwetha.

The final paragraphs relate Shwetha to Aishwarya Rai a lot. I’m sure this beauty queen will bounce back to her active self and all the bitter experiences will only make her stronger and pursue her career; as well as avenge her lover.

You had explained the hospital scenario so beautifully that I feel like I just visited a hospital to meet someone. I need to divert my mind a bit as I was racing with Sharada to get a good news. relieved now that Shwetha is out of danger.

Good going!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: Mar 25, 2006
  6. Sharada

Sharada Senior IL'ite

Fast-paced

Maintain this pace for all your episodes. It is brisk and keeps the reader glued. Rakesh seeems to be like Salman Khan - he had given Ash a black eye and was/is a philanderer.
    Dr.Reddy is a good PR guy for his hospital. These days for any profession, unless you have effective PR you can't forge ahead - and Dr.Reddy is aware about the publicity potential that Swetha (as a patient) has for his hospital. Sharada's tenacity and devotion is admirable. Her tears cleansed her anxieties and fears. But why did you say that Dr.Reddy's emotional side was underdeveloped? - are tears a sign of maturity/relief? Different people react in different ways. Dr.Reddy reacts reciprocatively - he hasn't forgotten the debt he owes to Sharada. Some express overtly and some covertly. I think Dr.Reddy comes across as a progressive and pragmatic person - for him tears are a sign of weakness.
    Am enjoying the story and am trying to view the situation from each character's perspective!
    Sharada

7. prathi

prathi Bronze IL'ite

Riveting!

Dear Sridhar,
    I am in awe of your fastidious description. The story virtually transports us to every scene and that was like a 3D experience for me. Dr.Reddy's ruthlessness and professional approach is evident among most of the top notch executives these days. Sharada's caring and loving nature is reasserted in this episode too. If we have to compare swetha to any living star i think we can find many-what with so many models committing or trying to commit suicide, that won't be a formidable search!!!
    Now i wonder what will happen in the coming episodes!! How the story will develop!! That is shrouded in mystery now and i shall keep speculating till next week.
    Keep the pace up!!!

8. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Just let out my breath!

Whew!..had to first heave a sigh of relief, before i could get down to penning a reply...that was full of tension...what with the goodnews, bad news part..i was wondering if the trauma was going to make Swetha "mad" or something...thank god,she is just hysterical and will bounce back to LIFE wth our Level- headed Sharada to help her!
    Now starts the reality , facing the world and her lover and getting her life in order and putting up with all the publicity from press and people/fans stc. My ,my a gigantic task ahead for Swetha and her saviour Sharada or should i say for you Sridhar?:?

Well keep up the tempo , and the fast paced narration and we will stay hooked on, to be with Swetha's fight back to life!

9. purnima_2k

purnima_2k Senior IL'ite

Phew!

Varalotti,

You have bought immense joy to us by saving Shwetha. I read the episode in detail twice. First time for the story-- i HAD TO know if shwetha survived or not, and second time to analyse the beauty of how you have written the whole thing. I loved the way you described doctor Reddy being less emotional --"His emotional vocabulary was strictly limited to some very basic feelings and Sharada’s action of crying as an expression of gratitude was a phenomenon not found in his emotional dictionary" -- Awesome expression, in fact , reading that line relived a lot of tension in me, in the otherwise spinechilling tempo build up!
    In fact when Dr Reddy says " we were able to save your client" , i actually said "Phew!", when Sharada cried , i cried too!

In each and every episode my regard for Sharda keeps going up. You have shown her as a person very TRUE to her heart. The fact that she didnt go to the VVIP room to sleep(she could have easily done it if her love for shwetha was unreal), when shwetha was in ICU, also you show her a person with high calibre in Society, even when she asks Doctor Reddy for a favour its witha lot of grace, never lets down her pride in the process!For instace you have mentioned that, she is entering Dr Reddys clinic for the first time itself shows that she has been maintaing her self respect professionally for so long!

The best was, the way she handles shwetha! In spite of shwetha being like her own daughter, she maintains that dignity that only if she talks about Rakesh on her own will she give her advice! Woow! thats such a good learning experience for young mothers like me! I think if we all handle our children like that we can make them stay very close to us. They will learn to respect us for eternity!

God man! What a writer-- Varalotti Rangaswamy!..... Three Cheers and Hats off!

Regards,
    Purnima

10. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

I am enjoying every word this week by repeatedly reading it !

Dear Sridhar,
    This week I note that you have embellished every word, phrase & sentence so beautifully. The phrase " holy site of health tourism" is particularly very enjoyable to me. We know, you will not allow Shweta to die - but the description about a doubt in Sharada's mind that these people might be delaying the news till late in the night so that the body can be removed without any one in the world knowing about it, is very true. When our old C M , Annadurai died, this news was circulated for the first time about a public figure.
    In her happiness on knowing that Shweta did'nt die, sharada wanted to smile, laugh & dance - but finally ends up crying ! You have expressed the multitude of emotions very nicely. I enjoyed this sentence very much.
    Yes, Sridhar, your writing about the facet of a medical man - cut throat businessman is sadly true, very often. Sometimes perhaps human feelings take a back seat when it comes to one's profession under some circumstances when business opportunities for one's own betterment cannot be overlooked.
    Yet another line I enjoyed is " the primordial fear in Shweta's eyes,resembling those of a deer which has been cornered by a pack of lions" - we have a beautiful equivalent in tamil, do you remember ?
    So you have given as the last sentence " the end began" - very apt !
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.