1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Beauty And The Brain - Episode 2 - Serial With Weekly Episodes

Discussion in 'The Beauty And The Brain - Serial Story' started by varalotti, Mar 18, 2006.

1. Sharada

Sharada Senior IL'ite

Ambulance siren

The siren of the ambulance cutting across the city, the urgency, secrecy have all been well delineated. Nightmarish moments for the dreamgirl. At first I thought the story was Chennai based cos Dr.Reddy is the name one associates with the Apollo group of hospitals - then I saw Juhu and realised that it's set in Mumbai.
    All age groups of IL have responded gushingly to this serial. The tempo is good and the theme is even better! Sharada is like me - wise, prudent and quick to act/react! - just joking!
    Three cheers to you!
    Sharada

2. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

I Owe An Apology To All Of You!

Most Gracious Ladies,
    I do owe an apology to all of you. I sincerely started to reply to each one of your responses. But half way through I was baffled both by the quantum as well as by your most loving words of praise. I know most of the words came out of the affection you have for me.
    Suddenly I started to shiver. My God! So many good souls, gracious ladies reposing so much confidence on me. With your loving words you literally drove me back to my writing desk.
    I thought that instead of making out individual replies I can use the time in chiselling the future episode one by one so that you have a better reading experience. So I have planned my moves. I'll post an episode on Saturday. On the very next day the first draft of the following episode will be ready. Then I will edit it at least 3 times a day to improve on the quality. That way I will be able to meet your expectations, at least half way.
    So please bear with me for not replying. I will be grateful if one you, good ladies, write that you don't mind not receiving individual replies.
    with love and affection,
    varalotti

3. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Of course Sridhar don' worry about individual replies...i can say that it is not really needed ....we are only happy to read your story and respond immediately...it is so easy to sit in front of a PC and read your exciting episodes and post our views immediately. Where else can we read a story and have the privelege ofinteracting with the story teller!
    But you dont worry, go ahead and chisel out our episodes in a fine and interesting manner that we all get glued to the PC more and more! ha ha--- I am sure the ILites will not be selfish and ask for your attention when you need to concentrate on dishing out more delightful episodes for us!
    That was a beautiful writeup on our microsoft mami!

Happy Writing and Editing!

regards,

4. varalotti

Thanks Sudha!

I feel very relieved now. Thanks, Sudha.
    sridhar

5. vidhukumar

vidhukumar Senior IL'ite

Dear varlotti!
    as all the ladies have already said everything!!i am leaft with no more words!!!so all i can say is good going!!!

6. varalotti

Some Suggestions!

Most Gracious ILites,
    I am deeply indebted to each one of you for your support and encouragement. I remember a lady mentioning that it is a rare privilege to interact with the writer himself on his creation. But let me make it clear. It is an equally rare privilege for a writer to interact directly with his readers. A writer will give an arm to hear the views of his discerning readers. So we are all on the level. Don't bother about that.

Two, I had told you that I may not be replying to each one of you individually because of the number of replies and the consequent time involved. With such an overwhelming response I am now spending more time with the draft.
    But I am reading your replies at least as many times I am reading my story drafts. Every comma, every full stop, every question mark in every response does have an effect either in the story or in the writer. So don't please stop posting your comments. Some of you might think, 'If he thinks that he is big enough not to give an individual reply, then let me not post my comments.' Don't ever do that. If you think my individual reply is important, please tell me so. I'll reverse my stand.

The views for the second episode is much less than that of the first. Is it because the tempo has come down or for any other reason? Please let me know.

Originally I planned to finish the serial in 10 episodes. But now I am focussing on giving a racy narration, explain a character in depth and throw in as much of extra information as possible about the medical world, Bollywood and the Accounting Profession (coming in later episodes). With all these things I have to move the story forward as well. That movement is slow now but I am seeing to that the tempo is maintained. I don't think I can finish the serial in 10 weeks. It may get extended. What do you think about this? What do you think is the maximum length, before the serial becomes stale to you?

The 3rd episode is ready and with another 20 or 30 readings, it will take the final shape and hit the site by 10:35 IST (9-10 30 is Rahu Kalam) on 25th March.

I can never thank you enough for your kind support and encouragement.
    With love and affection,
    Varalotti

7. prathi

prathi Bronze IL'ite

Waiting!

Dear sridhar,

My answer would be it is okay for you to answer to all the views in the end in one single response. I am sure most of the ILites will join in unison with me on this one.
    You can take your own time to finish the serial. I am sure you will make it more interesting for us to read! Now don't get apprehended by the confidence we have in you. We have that becasue we very well know you are capable of it. I shall be waiting for the third episode.
    Though this has no bearing to the topic discussed, lIke you are waiting for rahukalam to be over on a saturday to post the story, i waited for it to pass on a saturday five years back and held back the pain to give birth to my daughter once it had passed. i just remembered that as i read the rahukala time in the brackets!

8. purnima_2k

purnima_2k Senior IL'ite

dont mention it!

You, Sharada , Pankaja aunty, MRs CV are all the 'gems' of IL and you would obviously be flooded with mails! I COMPLETELY understand your situtaion and would never feel bad/dispppointed, we use these comments as a means of talking/communicating with you our ideas/opinions and sometimes even suggestions. As long as you have read them its enough. Take your time, Varalotti! WE are all with you nevertheless!

Finally Saturday is round the corner!! can wait!!!! You must have finished your drafts by now... WAT HAPPENS TO SHWETHA????? Please dont have any time limit for your episodes ...we all look forward to it soo much tothe extent that we feel so bad that the story has been concluded!

Also considering your point number 3(you have raised a concern), regarding why the view list is lesser-- your earlier story was a thriller so caught the spines of the viewers in a different manner... this story is like you have mentioned probably a jerky car ride which would in no doubt catch our spines too(already it has started ), and as your episodes go on your mail box will be overflowing with views and you will certainly REGRET having raised the above conern!!!!

Great going Varalotti!

Regards,
    Purnima
    (ps - hey prathi my daughter was born on a saturday too! what a concidence!)

Last edited: Mar 24, 2006
  9. meenaprakash

meenaprakash Silver IL'ite

no probs, sridhar

Hello Sridhar,

sorry if I am a little late in responding to your mail.
    I used to always wonder as to how you could find time to respond to each & every one of us. I would say its a beautiful gift to relate to people and I also see it coming so naturally to you.
    but if you could put in all the time, effort & concentration onto the story and give us a beautiful weekend gift, why not????
    give us one last reply after going thru our posts, that would do.

I feel this serial can go for 13-15 weeks, not more than that.
    looking forward to the 3rd episode, we all are waiting for the rahu to give way, tooo.

Regards,

10. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

We are with you!

Dear Varalotti/Sridhar,

I join all the other ILites before me who have already answered your queries in such unity. All of us are aware as to how precious TIME is. That you even gave so much thought to this shows how concerned you are about pleasing everyone of us. We will all be pleased, just keep the episodes coming:))

Hmm....your dilemma makes me wonder, Lord Krishna couldn't have had it easy with so many Gopikas...but then, he had his flute...come to think of it.........Varalotti has his pen:))))

Regards,
    Kamla.