1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Beauty And The Brain - Episode 2 - Serial With Weekly Episodes

Discussion in 'The Beauty And The Brain - Serial Story' started by varalotti, Mar 18, 2006.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Varloo!

Dear Varloo,
    One issue this serial focusses is the lives of celebrities. What you have had in the second episode is just the start. We'll be living with Swetha for the next .. weeks. I have not yet decided about the final length. It could be 10 or even 12. Thanks for the nice words,
    sridhar

2. meenu

meenu Bronze IL'ite

delightful expression

Dear Varlotti,
    The second episode is very racy.Your flowing description amazes me. The language is very simple and neat. Congratulations. You have caught the layman's heart.I am even temted to ask you to post all episodes right away. Waiting for a week seems too long.
    regards.
    meenu

3. varalotti

Thanks Meenu!

Dear Meenu,
    I can capture laymen's hearts, because I know how they work. I know how they work because I am a layman and I know how my heart works.
    After reading a lot of books, Indian and foreign, I have learnt one thing. Simplicity is the in-thing today, yesterday and tomorrow. I don't want you to run to the dictionaries while reading my episode. I want you all to be glued to the screens.
    Thanks for the nice words. "delightful expression" a very flattering usage, Meenu.
    thanks.
    sridhar

4. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

racy storyline....

Hello Sridhar,

I have no more words to describe this episode.....i am runnung out of words....i agree with all the ladies before me.....they have summed it all up neatly.
    Well shows that you are turning to be a master story teller along with providing useful information about the tinsel world and also the medical profession and legal also.
    Where last week's episode had a glamour leading to a kind of pathos, this week's episode with the arrival of Sharada , is about the struggle for saving a life and the realities involved . I liked the characterisation of Sharada, professional, dignified and not the least to say HUMAN with a zest for life.

Well , well, next saturday seems to be a long way off!

reagrds,

5. purnima_2k

purnima_2k Senior IL'ite

Heart is still throbbing!

Hi Varalotti,

I read this episode 3 times, least I leave any of your implications out! My hands were literally gripped! Even now , i really really wished you had written whether she recovers or not. One week is too hard for me to wait!!!

Varalotti! you are amazing truly beyond words!!

We just wish this story never ends!

:clap
    Purnima

6. srisrimathi2005

srisrimathi2005 New IL'ite

rich and involving

Dear Sridhar,
    The story was very good and want to read all the episodes together without waiting.I dont know to express like others. The language was very simple so that everybody can read and enjoy without referring to thesaurus.Am very proud and happy to learn that a great writer who's praised by people all over the world is living very close to my place.

7. nuggehallipankaja

nuggehallipankaja New IL'ite

Admiration-Envy!

Shridar,
    How can I voice my reaction after reading the over-gripping serial-second? Admiration as a reader,sure, but as a writer , envy at the over-wonderful gift godess
    Saraswati in one of her weak moments has deigned to gift solely to you - a man, while we women pray to her
    possessively; She has betrayed her race! Sure, I will take her to task when I go to Brahmaloka.. but,...is it her
    fault? Surely you have not enchanted her as you do
    the brood by your rosepetals-woven words?

I just could not take my eyes off the
    screen till the end-why did the end come so quickly?
    Just one more page-couldn't you give it? Next Saturday
    seems so far away......
    I am certain swetha won't die, since she is the heroine, unless you bring her ghost and make it
    another spooky-thriller! you are a master-writer both ways. Congratulations, both for this spell-binding serial, and the release of your book. And best wishes
    to your parents to whom you have given a unique
    present by making them feel very very proud of you!
    Tell me, how many offsprings have that luck? May it continue, lifelong.
    Lastly, I feel, the name Sharada unconsciously melts into
    your stories since you are a devotee of Sharadadevi
    (unknown to yourself-or poorvajanma?), and occupies a sort of exalted place........am I right? Keep it up, that name is lucky for you.
    Nuggehalli Pankaja

8. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Graphic brilliance!

Good morning Varlotti/Sridhar....

Aaah...the much awaited second episode! Read it as the first thing this morning, still sitting in my nightdress, not even tempted to go make my morning cuppa!!

And it was more than I anticipated! Story wise, cleverly, you did not move much forward, only elaborated on the situations that we were already aware of. But with the advent of Sharada, one feels reassured that something positive may take place in the life of poor Shweta. Most of all, I liked the way you have depicted the tense scenario. The words simply flow into each other just like the scenes. They are all very true to life and you bring in the showbiz- afflicted world to the fore with all the secretiveness and complicated legal situations etc with clarity and simplicity and yet very gripping for the reader.

You also made me smile with the tongue in cheek remarks about today's medical world and its activities:) " Dr.Reddy was more of a businessman than a Doctor who ran the BK Hospitals with such ruthless efficiency that American hospitals were sending their interns there for some ‘real-life’ training." Add to it the most modernly equipped special ambulance!!

Once again, I wish all the best to you and look forward to the next Saturday episode.

But now, I go make tea:)

9. ambika ananth

ambika ananth Bronze IL'ite

gripping...

Dear Sridhar

Great going with gripping narrative and descriptive imagery. You are not ruthless to kill Swetha, but the manner in which she is being rescued in truly great, and as Kamla pointed out, your observations about present day Medical world tactics are honest and pertinent.
    Reading your work I remember one saying.." when we regard our work as our best friend, chances are that our work will become friendly and will be positively disposed towards us.." I guess, you take 'writing' as your best friend, and so 'writing' has become positively disposed to you...you are writing really fine stuff...Way to go Sridhar..!!
    Most of the world's useful work is done by those who are hard pressed for time...kudos to your multi-tasking abilities....
    waiting to read the coming episode....
    Goodluck to you sir...many hearts are waiting with bated breaths...
    ambika

10. varalotti

You bowled me over, the second time!

Most Gracious ILites,

You bowled me over with your affectionate words of praise. Your response was simply overwhelming and if I had to give a voice-response to yours, you could have seen that my voice is choked.

I wanted to do the usual thing of replying to each of your posts individually. But considering the confidence you have reposed in me, I thought, it will be wiser to spend the time in redrafting the 3rd episode to maintain that racy, gripping style.

I am privileged, moved and touched by your kind responses. Thanks as a word cannot even come a million miles closer to express my gratitude.

Will start working on the third episode. Please treat this as my personal, individual response to each one of you. I read every line, every word of what each one of you have written, two times over. Thanks a ton once again.
    Affectionately,
    sridhar