1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Beauty And The Brain - Episode 11 - Serial With Weekly Episodes

Discussion in 'The Beauty And The Brain - Serial Story' started by varalotti, May 18, 2006.

1. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dearest Sudha...

Got to read this thread now. I am so proud of you Sudha! I can understand your predicament though! Men are men! But maybe you should have somehow coaxed your husband and not missed the opportunity of going to Berlin? Not because Schoder is great deal or anything(!), but you would have represented our India and its culture? Nevermind, I shall pray that another such opportunity comes your way and you will handle it differently then.
    One of my friends knows the yesteryear star Padmini who settled here in the US after marriage. She too says that one should see to believe how docile a wife she was at home and one could never guess how big a star she was. This she did to boost her husband's ego I guess. Well, you are in eminent company!

L, Kamla

2. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Thanks Kamala, just a clarification, thisinvitation was from our own Indian Embassy and to meet our PRIME Minister Manmohanji; at a reception held in his honour in Berlin. I really how i got included in this truly, since i dont really know many people in Berlin, except for the people involved with culture! So it was a pleasant surprise, but would have loved to go only if Hubby had given full approval. But i was not happy also going without him or my daughter , you know how we women are whenwe become mothers and wives...so there ended the matter....but just gave it as an example for our behaving modest or submissive...like Chitra says "chinna meenu..... "etc etc.....

But interesting discussions , which is finally leading to the conc as usual that If WE give in , We win, maybe not Career wise , but familywise,it is in Harmony...SO...
    Let's see what Sridhar does with Swetha or more so what Sethu will do to Swetha's Career...will Love again Win , by being Submissive, Modest etc etc....we are waiting Sridhar till weekend....

3. Ushakrishnan64

Ushakrishnan64 Silver IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,
    Hope this mail finds you in good health and cheer. I was waiting to read the next episode and patiently waited...and waited...
    Suddenly a thought arose in my mind: May be you are sick or there is some problem...
    Now that I am an ardent reader of B&B, I was a bit concerned....

Regards
    USHA

4. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Hi Usha

Sridhar had written in last week's post that he will be away on holiday this week and so will be posting the episode a little late. So while, he has a great time, we get to sit and wait anxiously for him to return and see what happens to Sethu , Swetha a et al.

regards
    Vidya

5. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

The Final Episode Is Out;I am free, now

Most Gracious ILites,
    At last I am free. The final episode has been posted a few seconds ago. I crave your indulgence for the delay in posting the final episode the reasons for which I had already explained.
    Though I replied individually to all the ILites who commented on the serial, I still feel that I could not adequately thank the ILites for their really overwhelming support for this serial, which was much more than what I got for the earlier serial.
    This is the time to thank each of the ILites who read the episodes meticulously, who pointed out the errors and excesses and who praised the right things and in general provided me with a vital tonic to write more and write better.
    This is also the time to apologise to those ILites whom I might have unconsciously hurt by my overly defensive, bordering-on-rudeness replies.
    Thanks for being with me throughout which is the greatest accolade you can ever hope to shower on a writer. You have done that to me. Thanks.
    Episodes 9 through 12 were edited by my dear friend.
    In the final episode there is a scene where Sethu says that what he did was a 'labour of love'. My editor friend asked me what this term meant. I explained when an act is done not with any ulterior motive it becomes labour of love. There is nothing romantic about it. When I work for a fee it is plain labour. But when my daughter wants me to buy something for her for which I should go to the other end of the town, then that is labour of love. In doing a labour of love there is no reward other than the happiness you see in the face of your son or daughter or your friend.
    My editor friend should have been convinced by my explanation. She let that phrase stay in the episode.
    Now what the friend did to me in editing these episodes can be rightly described as a labour of love. For there is no reward involved. And after hearing about this phrase my friend insisted that her name should not appear anywhere. I had to reluctantly concede to her demand.
    May Meena Madam (Madurai Meenakshi) bless my friend with all happiness she deserves.
    Thanks a million, my dear friend, for your labour of love.
    I will be now taking a break for a while before launching upon the next project. I won't be idle. I will be watching what every ILite is doing (thanks to "Who's on line") and if I feel like come out with snippets to provoke you.
    Till then, have a happy reading and have a nice time.
    regards,
    Varalotti
    PS: Of course I will be individually replying to all your comments on the final episode also.