1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Beauty And The Brain - Episode 11 - Serial With Weekly Episodes

Discussion in 'The Beauty And The Brain - Serial Story' started by varalotti, May 18, 2006.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Romance and Explosions -are what lives is made off!

Hello Meena,
    There are many things about ESP which are still mysterious. One consensus is that when a person is in a deep state of shock, physical or mental, he is likely to develop ESP. Did you see Iyer the great? Where Mammotty will develop ESP after a fall from a tree.
    Politics and cineworld are full of Khans. Sethus and Swethas dont belong there. Sharada is a friend and counsellor for Swetha and yes, she is a pillar of strength.
    Let's take our eyes fromt the wreath and train them on Sethu and Swetha. I have not planned a car chase and a final stunt scene, where the police will arrive in lorry loads when there is absolutely no need for them. The usual revenge sequence will not be there.
    Then what is there in the next episode? Just wait for 168 hours.
    regards,
    sridhar

2. varalotti

My hero is better than Diana's date!

Dear Chitra,
    My hero, Sethu, is any day better than Diana's date, the idle son of a billionaire whose full time occupation was womanising.
    Yes I am getting Khan into trouble but the next half is not true "thanks to Sharada's brain". It is due to Sethu's brain for it was he who gave the idea in the first place. Sharada just offered to execute the idea. Sharada's brains lie in recognising that Sethu's idea was a good one.
    I also feel sad that the serial is going to end as you wisely said, all good things should come to an end. This serial was a convenient hangout for me to say whatever I wanted to and more importantly to listen to persons like you, Vidya, Kamla and Sharada who by virtue of your wisdom did fill up some gaps in my education.
    Maybe if God willing I will meet the same gang in another serial. Cannot bring myself to say the usual thing, "thanks for your nice words."
    Will rather say, "thrilled by your kind words of encouragement."
    love and regards,
    sridhar

3. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

My two cents, Sridhar !

Dear Sridhar,
    Payirpu is " sort of aruvaruppu". In mouna ragam, when Mohan approaches Revathy, she says " don't come near me, en mel kambali poocho oorukira mathiri irukku ".
    I think payirpu means that. This is as far as my tamil knowledge goes !
    I am ready to stand corrected.
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

2 people like this.
  4. varalotti

Hats Off To High Priestess!

Dear Sharada,
    I can understand your concern for Sharada, your name sake. She has chosen a life of a lonely spinster. I told even in the beginning that she was a spinster in her forties. Sethu is much younger to her. And never in my wildest dreams did I think of a connection between Sharada and Sethu.
    She has a profession and she is fiercely independent. So she will continue to walk the way she has charted for her with the satisfaction that she has made a difference in the lives of two good people.
    Thanks for accepting Sharada's brilliance. I know you would do that. In fact I gave her your name in the first place to accept her brilliance. ha ha ha.
    I am proud to know that James Bond auditor has entered many a heart during the last 11 weeks.
    And the greater pride comes from the fact that this ordinary writer has received a thumbs up signal from no other than the HIGH PRIESTESS of IL.
    regards,
    sridhar

5. varalotti

You have come close, Chitra!

Dear Chitra,
    thanks for the extremely prompt response to the quiz question. You have come very close. But the meaning falls one shade short of the exact one. Let's wait for some more responses and then I will give away the answer.
    love and regards,
    sridhar

6. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

I am sad too Sridhar...

...that the serial is coming to an end. More than that, I enjoyed all these discussions between you and all of us ILites. That was really interesting to me. Also, not only did Sethu shine as a hero, even his creator, Mr Sri Sri Varalotti shone like a sun on this forum answering and pacifying every ILite's questions and queries, however trivial they may have been. Thanks for your patience Sridhar.

Earlier, I did not reply to your question about what we wanted from you next. Please take it easy for a month or so and when you are really ready, I personally would not mind another serial from you. What we had now is too good to let go. But if you have other ideas as to what it should be, I will surely welcome it. A healthy exchange of ideas are always welcome.

If THE Chitra herself cannot explain what 'payirpu' means, I better not even venture into it! Although I know Tamil, I have always been teased about my diction being 'kochai'!...like that of yester year's Saroja Devi!! So, I better be 'chup' on that subject! What exactly is the english equivalent of 'Payirpu'??

L, Kamla

7. meenu

meenu Bronze IL'ite

Gripping episode!

Varalotti!

Gripping Episode! felt like a sports car drive! zoooooom and then a sudden brake!Waiting to know the plan...Hope there are lot of Sethus around in the pseudo life of Bollywood. Very well written...great!

Regards,
    Purnima and Meenu

8. varalotti

Praise from Mother and Daughter At the same time, I am honoured!

Dear Purnima and Meenu,
    To get praise from both the mother and daughter at the same time is an honour for me. Good that you two liked that episode. An environment like Bollywood (or for that matter Kollywood) would not allow a soft-mannered, intelligent man like Sethu to survive. In the tinsel world the people who show off survive. Sethu is not going to be in the filmi world for long.
    O, My God! I have divulged the contents of the next episode. Please dont tell this to anybody.
    Let me say again I am really thrilled to receive that wonderful post from you two, Meenu and Purnima.
    regards,
    varalotti

9. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,

Wondering why the discussion on Swetha's character...and a quiz to top it all on the 4 feminine characteristics....well i wonder what the great Varalotti is up to now.....well isnt this getting to be like a sub episode of the main one?;-)

Anyway....checked with some intellectual maduraiites on this word....something close to what Chitra has said....but more like keep away from such aruvarrupu things....is what i got the meaning as...........
    Well these 4 qualities...do seem to have similar meanings, ON THE WHOLE BE MODEST, and SHY ...but why Be stupid, I wonder...Ladies any more thoughts on these....:p

As long as you make our Miss World turn out to be a strong feminine character, i have no problems! an equal to Sethu....but after all this discussion i wonder, now will Sethu expect Swetha to quit now..and who knows maybe she will listen to Varalotti and give up her career...
    you are leading and we are following!:tongue

10. varalotti

"Payirppu" means...

Dear Sudha and All ILites,
    Now the time has come for me to explain the word "payirppu". It's the feeling of restlessness, anxiety and tension that a woman has when she comes near the dress (!) of any man other than her beloved. The basic idea is to emphasise the importance of purity and chastity of women.
    But when you say this explanation to the modern women you get a lot of humorous responses. One said that it was high time that the other man's dress makes a visit to the laundry. And another, a more vile one, said 'Oh, the aversion is towards the dress only. What if the man..."
    No, no, no, I already have a bad reputation carried forward from Episode 4. Let me not spoil it any further.
    Sudha, you ask me why "madam", I mean stupidity. You can observe this if you see a newly married couple. The man will be explaining some phenomenon like how the moon waxes and wanes or why iron rusts. The wife who would have finished her M.Phil in astro physics or IIT in metallurgy will be listening as if her husband were a genius, and she a stupid person. This attitude pleases husband no end. And shrewd women know how and when to don the role of stupidity while in the company of their newly married husbands. In that role actually they will make their husbands powerless and get whatever they want from him.
    But this phase lasts only till the end of the honeymoon. After that if that husband were Albert Einstein the woman would say, 'You don't know about Relativity. Shut up.'
    As we are preparing for the final episode, let's have some interesting discussion on this subject.
    regards,
    varalotti