1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Beauty And The Brain - Episode 10 - Serial With Weekly Episodes

Discussion in 'The Beauty And The Brain - Serial Story' started by varalotti, May 12, 2006.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Blessing, Pankaja, Not Praise!

Dear Pankaja,
    When you say it is called blessing and not praise. There is no need for you to write elaborate words of appreciation. Just scribble my name and post it; I'll deem it to be the most precious blessings.
    Please bless me that I should complete the remaining two episodes in a fitting manner.
    regards,
    sridhar
    PS: Don't bluff; how can the words fail the Goddess?

2. varalotti

Love Is Thinking of The Beloved In Tender Moments, Chitra

Dear Chitra,
    I am very happy that you liked the incident about Raji. As I said I had half a mind to remove that as people were telling that I am getting a little too emotional. I am very happy I retained it. To have struck a chord in you, is to me, a precious accomplishment.
    Is Sethu slipping? I don't think so. It's too early to decide on that. We have the bugs, Khan, the bomb and what not. Let's wait for one more week.
    Thanks for the nice words, Chitra.
    regards,
    sridhar

3. varalotti

Yes, I am a romantic, Sunkan!

Dear Sundari,
    Yes, I am a romantic, a die-hard romantic. The main purpose of making my hero an accountant is to proclaim to the whole world that Accountants do have hearts and those hearts do have feelings. And they can be romantic as hell (as heavan, I mean)
    Thanks for the nice words, Sundari.
    In another two weeks this Serial will end. Even now I feel a void in my heart thinking of the end.
    regards,
    sridhar

4. varalotti

I Got The Booker, Vidya!

Dear Vidya,

It took me about 10 episodes to win unguarded appreciation from you. I feel like winning the Booker Prize.

Now I am praying God for the wisdom to write the remaining two episodes in such a way to win your words of praise.

After an action-packed episode like E10 the next one is bound to be a little slow. Let me see.
    thanks for the nice words, Vidya.
    regards,
    sridhar

5. varalotti

Sethu thanks you, Kamla

Dear Kamla,
    Sethu thanks you for those beautiful words. Your words have become prophetic. You said that Sethu will bowl over any girl with his kindness and intelligence. Already the High Priest Sharada has proclaimed her love for Sethu.
    Kindness and Intelligence, yes, Kamla, that's a rare combination of qualities. I have met thousands of people. Intelligent people soon become too clever and cunning. And kindness goes by the backdoor. Kind people are so naive and allow themselves to be exploited by others. So their kindness do not mean a thing to others.
    My knowhow of saris has to be better than you because when I walk out on the road I avoid seeing trousers, shirts and dhoties. I see only sarees. I have toured many countries. There is not a single woman's dress which can come a mile near the Indian Sari when it comes to grace. And no other dress can adorn the young and old with equal elegance.
    This episode was also edited by my friend which gave the extra-rich style. So please bless my friend.
    regards,
    sridhar

6. varalotti

You are now adding to Sethu's confusion!

Dear Sharada,
    Sethu is already torn between his love for his dead wife and Swetha's love for him. Now he has one more complication - your love. Sharada, please have some sympathy for my heroine.
    Thanks for completing my education on Paithani sarees. Seeing the price range I now think I should be extra careful not to utter the word Paithani in my wife's presence.
    I am afraid I have educated the world's finest women about Maharasthra's finest saree. Hopefully I am not targetted by a group of irate husbands! Ha ha ha
    Sharada, words of praise coming from you, the High Priest, mean a lot to me. My immediate worry is to draft the remaining two episodes to your satisfaction.
    regards,
    Varalotti

7. varalotti

Thanks For The Different View

Dear AGR Madam,
    (Sridhar Sir will always respond "AGR Madam"; sridhar will call you AGR)
    I appreciate the different view taken by you. Let me get it right. Do you want to condemn Sethu to a lifelong sentence of loneliness? Sethu is in his mid thirties, in the prime of his youth. Do you want him to remember Raji and Raji alone for the remaining, let's say 45 years?
    If Sethu's children were alive the would have been some meaning in his remaining single. Now that they are also not there, why not Sethu remarry? And that too marry the world's most beautiful woman?
    But arguments apart, I am also not convinced about Sethu marrying Swetha just for her asking. Given their present circumstances how long can they be happy together?
    So I am still toying with a lot of ideas, AGR.
    thanks for the nice words,
    sridhar
    PS: I like your style of writing. It is more like talking. Using a lot of fullstops, repeating the same word... Felt like talking to you.

8. AGR

AGR Bronze IL'ite

Re: "Sridharji".....

Dearest Sridharji

i think this would be fair.......you see we are still not used to calling elders by their names..........okey...okey.....I know u r young at heart.........but still pls allow me to add that "ji"...........(nothing official abt it).......and so its a deal.........henceforth I would be called AGR.......okey.......

If I had made u think abt the end that u r going to give then I think I am suceessful........waiting for the next episode...........its gonna be stero type end or K balachander type or.....or...."something different"...keeping my fingers crossed.....All the Best........

Thanks....and glad to hear that u liked my style of writing......

9. meenaprakash

meenaprakash Silver IL'ite

I object your honour!!!

Hello Sridhar,

why do you keep repeating that your profession is boring & that its the least interesting one (for others), etc. etc. etc.
    I disagree with you. Except for the way they are portrayed in maybe the tamil novels (with a thick glass & always glued to thick, bound, accounts registers) I've never seen them being considered otherwise.
    I've met some of the CAs who are smart & appealing & ofcourse, romantics, toooo.
    why do you sideline yourself???? I'm yet to find some boring brains among them.

BTW, we all know how interesting you are & that you are a highly romantic person.
    so no more on your profession, pls.

PS : Its not just sharada, there must be a bunch of us who have started liking Sethu & trying hard not to fall in love with him.

Last edited: May 16, 2006
  10. varalotti

Thanks AGRji and Thanks Meena!

Dear AGRji, thanks for the nice words. I always repay greetings in the same tender. So AGRji have your pick.
    As to the ending I have decided to....... no...... no............no..... I don't want..... to ......... tell that...................now. We'll just................................wait and...............see..
    (I tried your style AGRji. It doesn't work for me)
    thanks once again.

Meena, thanks for those nice words about the profession. I wrote this serial to bring out the exciting aspects of our profession. The entire accounting profession thanks you for accepting us as normal human being ocassionally capable of a little romance on the side.

If many of you are going to fall in love with Sethu, well, he had it..... May God save him and your husbands.. ha ha ha.. Just kidding, Meena. There's no harm falling in love with a nice person like Sethu who exists only in the realm of imagination.
    sridhar (ji)