1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Beauty And The Brain - Episode 10 - Serial With Weekly Episodes

Discussion in 'The Beauty And The Brain - Serial Story' started by varalotti, May 12, 2006.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Happy You Liked The Taj Scene, Meena!

Hello Meena,
    I am writing this serial in a screen play mode. I once sat with a screen play writer who told me the difference between a story and a screen play. He told me if you write the stories in a screen play mode people will be able to appreciate it better.
    Sethu's hard work is paying off, no doubt. But seeing all your appreciative mail I am happy that my hard work is also paying off.
    Accepting the diamond ring doesn't mean a sell-out. As of now my hero, like a typical accountant, is keeping all the options open. What will he do will depend on what will happen next.
    thanks for the nice words, Meena
    sridhar

2. varalotti

Many Romantics in IL! Thanks Sudha!

Dear Sudha,
    As I was designing the Taj scene I had a double mind. That scene will slow down the tempo for sure. But then I thought what for should we have this tempo? After all I did not promise a thriller. I promised only a love story and here it is.
    But I am happy and relieved that you too enjoyed that scene.
    I am happier still that the Raji scene touched a chord somewhere. Twice did I attempt to delete that scene; but did not have the mind to.
    Finally you have hinted that my story made you sleep.... ha ha ha .Just kidding.
    I hate M&Bs but always love M&B endings. But I am not sure whether this serial will have a M&B ending. Let's just wait and see.
    regards,
    sridhar

3. varalotti

Lovely Words, Sunitha!

Dear Sunitha,
    thanks for those lovely words. I am happy to have created picture of my heroine which is different from Aish.
    I appreciate your confidence in being able to master accounting after the end of this serial.
    If you do that please send a mail to me. For I tried with about 6 years of education (B.Com and C.A) and with 22 years of experience. I am yet to attain mastery. Even this morning I saw a project report where the person was creatively trying to dupe the readers. Just kidding, Sunitha!
    I just got to know about Paithani dress from my friend. When I got your message I made my friend research on that and come with the information which I posted earlier.
    I would love to have a star as my client. But tell me sunitha, which star would like to have a middle-aged mofussil accountant?
    Thanks for the eager participation,
    regards,
    sridhar

4. varalotti

Being Praised By a Professional Colleague, It's a nice feeling, Usha!

Dear Usha,
    Very rarely do I get praised by other CAs. Of course my partner does it every now and then. Even today he called me from Chennai to say 'You ought to have been in Bombay or New York.'
    In a highly competitive field it's difficult to be praised by other CAs. So special thanks for your kind words. Let me hope to deserve it someday.
    I am very happy to see that the Raji scene brought tears to your eyes. (Don't think I have the sadistic pleasure of seeing you crying!) But I have moved with many CAs who have lost the capacity to cry (some of them even to laugh) . Try to protect that sensitivity which will stand you in good stead throughout your life.

As to Sethu's lapse in detecting the bugs, it does happen, Usha. I fave found myself making simple mistakes in a very serious project. In spite of our best attention some things slip past us. Sethu is good but not perfect. The bugs incident is an evidence for that.
    What's going to happen next week? God alone knows.
    thanks once again,
    sridhar

Last edited: May 15, 2006
  5. Ushakrishnan64

Ushakrishnan64 Silver IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,

You caught me there!! I generally don't cry easily (nor do I laugh easily!!) Another sample of a typical accountant, right!!!
    Waiting for Saturday to read your next episode..

Regards
    USHA

6. Sharada

Sharada Senior IL'ite

The rosebud

The rosebud in the vase was an ingenious idea. The first single rose between Sethu and Swetha hinted at a future romance - and now the rosebud bug is revealing their plans and making them vulnerable.
    Paithani is a heritage sari - every Maharashtrian bride craves for one. The starting price is about Rs.15,000/- for a genuine piece. Now of course affordable versions - semi Paithanis/synthetic blends with Paithani designs are all available.
    Sethu is slowly but surely falling head over heels in love with Swetha. she's quite progressive - gives him a diamond ring first. And diamonds (like her love) are forever.
    Of all the episodes so far, this is Varalotti's best. I was almost falling in love with Sethu myself!
    roses all the way,
    Sharada

7. AGR

AGR Bronze IL'ite

Re: I like the description but.........

Dear Sridhar Sir

The description given by you is excellent…….but…but………l am hoping that sethu does not marry sweta…(Though I am sure that is what is going to happen………)……..I may sound a little bit out dated…..probably selfish………but how can one forget the sweet memories of his wife so soon……….like the saying goes “if husband dies the wife is a widow but if wife dies husband is a groom…….”

8. varalotti

Thanks Purnima!

Dear Purnima,

thanks for your kind words of praise. As I said in an earlier reply I adopted the screenplay mode for this serial, and more so for this episode. You would have noticed that the story moves scene by scene.

When I visualise such a classic beauty like Swetha words just start flowing in. And all of you know I am a die-hard romantic in spite of my being in one of the most unromantic professions of the world.

The grand finale is just two weeks away. Let's just keep our fingers crossed.
    regards
    varalotti

9. varalotti

Kind Words, Prathi!

Dear Prathi,
    Very happy to see your simple and direct words of praise. Words like these keep me glued to the system night after night in order to produce a story which will truly deserve your kind words.
    I hope you have recovered from your ailments. Take care, Prathi.
    I am still reeling under the impact of what you said in the prayer thread.
    Take care,
    sridhar

10. varalotti

Paithani Saree!

Sudha,
    It's amusing to see the gracious ladies worrying more about the paithani saree than about the RDX bomb planted in the car. Quite typical of women.. ha ha ha.
    I have just heard of paithani. But what I know is hardly worth knowing. So I asked my friend to do a research on that and whatever you read about paithani is the result of my friend's research.
    You can google on Paithani and if you have some two hours to spare you can come with more info on that saree.
    After reading your post, well, I think, markeing paithani might not be such a bad idea. I may have the working capital but don't have the patience to sell sarees. They say your patience should at least be as high as the Himalayas if you want to sell sarees.
    ha ha ha
    sridhar