1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Beauty And The Brain - Episode 10 - Serial With Weekly Episodes

Discussion in 'The Beauty And The Brain - Serial Story' started by varalotti, May 12, 2006.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

The Beauty And The Brain
    Thanks Malathy and all the ILites for your support, encouragement and participation.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2007

2. varalotti

The Beauty And The Brain
    Thanks Malathy and all the ILites for your support, encouragement and participation.

3. varalotti

The Beauty And The Brain

4. varalotti

The Beauty And The Brain

5. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Real thriller

Dear varalotti,
    I read both the 9 and 10 episodes now. I came back from Trivandrum only today morning. Oh, you have created such a suspense, it is difficult to wait for the 11th episode. It is so very thrilling now, I can't describe well about the episode. I liked it very much. Sethu thinking of Raji even when she was not alive brought back a sad memory. Archukoratty resembles my dead sister.We were home mourning our sister's death, somebody mistook Archana for my sister and said that "Vidya is sleeping here".
    Hats off to you, you are keeping all of us spell bound.All the best to you.
    With warm wishes,
    varloo

Last edited: May 13, 2006
  6. meenaprakash

meenaprakash Silver IL'ite

too good an episode........

Hello Sridhar,

I've started liking this guy, Sethu - his simple, down to earth attitude, his intelligence, above all his love for his wife, Wow, I envy Raji. Both seem to be made for each other.

Finally, Sethu's hardwork paid off. would like to see him more active now with his filing papers against Khan & fighting him.

Your detailed para on the romantic dinner - from the pithani saree to sherwani, the ambience of Taj, a table for two, hmmmm. - tooo good. Even better was Sethu remembering Raji at that moment.

With the diamond ring adorning Sethu's fingers, does it mean he's sold out to Shwetha??? Its time he decided on his future. He can't allow thoughts to enter shwetha's mind & then reject her, that would hurt her more.

After a beautiful dinner & romantic escapade at the Taj grandeur, what next????
    I pray God the villains shldn't get at them.

Beautiful narration of events, makes a wonderful reading.

7. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,

You have outdone yourself in this episode.....just the right pace, and not too much interruption in the flow....taj dinner was indeed special....and his memory of Raji and his thought of sharing this with her...that was lovely. Touched a chord somewhere....in those simple memories....How can one forget the past sweet Memories....

But like Meena says ,Sethu should not let Swetha down....will he or not ?! Well we will know soon. And iam reminded of Nambiar or Asokan when you describe Khan in this episode, he is gleefully contemplating "placing the wreath on the beautiful corpse"...what imagination..
    Great job, and i feel immensely satisfied and am looking forward to Sethu's brilliant work and of course the M&B ending!:thumbsup Thanks for posting early, will sleep with happy memories and dream of Solitaire diamond rings....

8. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

Dear Sridhar

You write so well...you take us thru' the story so well that we can visualize each and every scene...now I have a clear picture of Sethu and Swetha in my mind...no,Swetha does not resemble Aish in my picture..but she is a lovely damsel and Sethu,like meena said,is capturing our hearts... [​IMG]

I am a science student but I think by the end of this serial,I would have mastered accountany as well...thru' your serial you are teaching us a lot,be it about bollywood,the stars,their attitudes,their lifestyle...sometimes I have this strong feeling that you must be having some star(either bolloywood or kollywood) as your client....

You are also teaching me a lot of new things about apparels...now what is a Paithani...let me google and find out!!!
    [​IMG]

9. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

unguarded appreciation

Hi Varalotti,

Rave reviews all along and I have to agree whole heartedly. You are building the story strongly and silently. There is a measured force that does not jar. Keep this up and you will have us clamouring for more.

regards
    Vidya

10. varalotti

Details About Paithani!

Dear Sunitha,
    Here are the details about Paithani

Paithani: Of the ten handloom sarees that any Indian woman must own, Khadi is first, Kancheepuram the second and Paithani a close third. For every Maharashtrian woman,Paithani is an important part of her trousseau. Remember Swetha is Swetha Patwardhan, a Maharashtrian woman.

Paithan is in Aurangabad and Paithan is a fabric that is entirely handwoven using traditional techniques. The light and shade effect (dhoop-chhav) is achieved by using special weaving methods. For men, Paithani is a tradition of discipline. It takes many years of apprenticeship and dedication to master this art. And it takes two weeks to a year to weave a Paithani.

More tenderly, for women, Paithani symbolises both beauty and security. Paithani draws out the inner beauty and strength of the wearer. And when families clothe the bride in Paithani, it is said that it shows their support for her, that she is protected as she starts a new life.

Paithani as a handloom declined during British age. Later was revived, but not many could afford the price. Thanks to efforts of Pupul Jaykar and Padmini Kolahpuri, Paithani has rightfully claimed its place in Indian handloom.
    regards,
    varalotti
    PS: I will reply other ILites a little later.