The advent of JULIUS ....he came , he saw , he conquered...veni,vedi,vici!!

Discussion in 'Pets and Animal Lovers' started by Paulina, Jul 21, 2010.

1. Paulina

Paulina Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hi Aruna,

Happy to note that you have a Lab too.I saw his lovely picture in your profile page.I went there thinking you'll have an album with his pictures.Please do load some there.I saw his puppy pictures earlier in another post of yours.
    Yes, Bruno & Romeo look lke they are from the same litter....they have identical expressions! Labs are the best .We had a German Shepherd called Bruno years ago....he is no more .
    We are having lots of fun with our R & J .
    JUJU is an adorable basset and never ceases to surprise us with some naughty antics everyday.

2. Paulina

Hi Kelly,
    Happy to know that you liked the pictures of R & J.
    JUJU is growing up fast and is great fun Romeo is happy playing big brother's role and gets angry at JUJU only when he attacks his tail !! Then we can hear growls ( from R )and yelps(from J).
    Glad that you saw Marley & Me ....the best picture about raising a Lab till date.
    Our original Paulina is back home and back to her school .We grandparents are back to our old routine ....thank God for R & J ...they fill our dayswith cheer.

3. kelly1966

kelly1966 Platinum IL'ite

Paulina..
    I guess now with JUJU settled and pretty little paulina back to her routine you will have more time for IL!!
    planning to post Harley's new pics now.. he was 6 months 2 days back... seems like we got him yesterday...
    K

4. malligashivaram

malligashivaram Gold IL'ite

Paulina so happy to see your new puppy--puppies bring life and energy wherever they --to see them climbing falling, getting frightened of mere things and playing with themselves games soo cute paulina ----lovely pic feel like going to the vet and getting one now, thanks for sharing doggies pic with us and you granddaughter paulina too ---Dogs are Gods in our religion --we should not kick them they are [Bhairavs ] the god of protection they say.
    any way share more photos as it grows......
    I too have 2 dogs old now One is german shepard and lasopso--is female---she had an operation recently we thought that she might collapse--but she has strong grits --she is back barking--and lapping:thumbsup:thumbsup

5. Paulina

Dear dear Padma,

Absolutely delighted to find a kindred soul.......a devotee of the canine kingdom like all of us in our family !
    Happy to know you liked our droopy eyed long eared JUJU.
    Yes, I agree , it is not easy having dogs around with babies to care for .They are like babies too and need a lot of attention and it is not possible to attend to both .
    It must have been a sad parting of ways for Bozo & all of you at home.I remember how it was when we said goodbye to our German Shepherd called Omar Sharif ( we were posted in Egypt some 39 years ago and hence the choice of name Omar Sharif who was the rage after 'Funny Girl" and earlier " Lawrence of Arabia) when our elder daughter Madhavi,( the mom of the original Paulina )was born.Omar displayed really bad signs of jealousy and we were advised to find another home .He did well in his new home and they adored him too .We visited him later and saw him as a father with his lady love and pups around him....that was consoling.
    Avyay must be waiting for the lucky golden retreiver who will be welcomed to your home as soon as the little one gets older.
    Our pet doggies really add so much joy and cheer and I can't imagine our home without a wagging tail or a resounding woof!!
    love,
    paulina/ lalitha

Last edited: Aug 22, 2010
  6. Paulina

Hi yummy Custard !

Loved your caption "Best Brothers at CHENNAI"....really it's amazing how Romeo accepted JUJU from day one ....guess he was really sad to be left alone after JUlie departed and he was keen to have one from his own canine kingdom for company.
    Our GD Paulina is a great animal & bird lover .Back home she has a doggie ..a Shih Tzhu called Mary Jane and two huge South american parrot species .Earlier she had a few turtles .
    Glad you liked the pictures.

7. Paulina

To HER Royal Highness the one and only EQ ...Aruna Habibi,

A zillion pardons for the late reply.:bowdown
    My days are packed after JULIUS / juju arrived .Its like looking after a baby ...:biglaugh
    Yes, we had a great deal of fun when our GD Paulina was here close to a month.Now that she has returned , everything seems to have gone back to the lazy mode / sleep mode! Thank God for R & J ....at least their antics make us laugh ....or else we would have even forgotten how to laugh !
    Paulina has grown a wee bit taller ...she resembles her Mom very much.....all our relatives here said the same.We were so happy that she made the trip all by herself and for a twelve year old that is a great achievement indeed.She had a wonderful hoilday and thankfully did not fall ill .That was one big worry we had .as viral fever was doing the rounds here.I got laid up for a couple of days.
    love,
    RPA

8. Paulina

Hi dear Srini,

Happy you liked our little JUJU....he's growing by leaps and bounds and a terrific bundle of energy that keps me running all day and I drop down exhausted by evening ! Its great to have our R & J combo once more though the membership has undergone an alteration.R is happy to have one of his own kind to play around and fight with too at times !
    The original Paulina is back to your part of the world and back to school ...all missing her and she is missing us too .So she joined IL to peep into the Pets Forum it seems.

9. Paulina

Hi Mindi,

Glad you peeped in...also thanks for the appreciation.
    Our Gd , the original Paulina just joined for a lark to look at the pictures of R & J.She was missing them both who were following her like shadows all the time she was here.She is a great doggie lover ....has a little Shih Tzu called Mary Jane back home.
    love,
    polly

10. Paulina

Hi Sweety,

So nice of you to stop by and appreciate our R & J.
    Yes, JUJU does seem to grow by the minute .He is almost 5 months old now and weighs 14.75 kgs now .Not easy to carry him !
    We are blissfully happy to enjoy their devoion and affection for us which is unconditional.