The advent of JULIUS ....he came , he saw , he conquered...veni,vedi,vici!!

Discussion in 'Pets and Animal Lovers' started by Paulina, Jul 21, 2010.

1. Paulina

Paulina Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Dear pals,

This year,April 18th, we said goodbye to our dear devoted Julie ( a Spitz)after having her as a part of our lives for nearly 15 years.
    It took quite a while to come to terms with her loss. However, our dear Romeo (a Lab of four years) had become very morose and depressed as his sparring partner had left him for more peaceful romping grounds to be with her Maker.We finally gave in and decided to get another doggie to be a companion for him and to add sparkle to his woofs and barks and some punch into our own daily routine which had become rather dull after Julie left us.
    .After much thought we settled on getting a BASSET HOUND.We wanted a shorthaired breed and smaller sized pet and one that would not be too hyper but of a placid deportment.And the search began with our Vet helping out and finally we picked a Lemon ( technical term for a light brown and white colour dog , the other being 'tri-colour' with the inclusion of black,tan & white colours) coloured 45 day old pup from a litter of 5 pups.
    We named him JULIUS to remember Julie and we call him JUJU for short .
    He arrived on MAY 9th ....in commemoration of MOTHER'S DAY!
    Romeo greeted him with much joy and now dotes on JUJU,who hero worships Romeo!
    We once more have an R & J combo in our home .The house resounds with their barks and yelps and they keep us in splits with all their antics.They have a lot of mock fights and Romeo indulges JUJU who can be quite pesky at times especially when he loves to attack Romeo's tail!
    I'm posting a few pictures of theirs together.
    The very first one was taken after two weeks on arrival.He has grown by leaps and bounds and weighs 11kg now at three and a half months.
    His long ears and droopy eyes are his most endearing features.By temperament he is a very affectionate dog and has conquered all our hearts and Romeo happily has taken over Big Brother's role!

Attached Files:

2. Saraswathipv

Saraswathipv IL Hall of Fame

Dear Paulina,

I was eager to see Julius. I too find the long ears and sleepy eyes of Basset Hound cute :).

Wow what a change from the first pic to the last one. He has grown so much indeed. Loved to read about the antics of R and J :thumbsup.

I am so glad that you have overcome the passing away of Juliet. I understand it must have been really tough. Good to know that R too has got company and that he ha easily adopted the little J now :clap.

Thanx for sharing this happiness with us.

Bye

3. Paulina

Paulina Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hi pals,

Here are a few more pics of JULIUS taken on 14thJuly.

These were taken as my Grandaughter PAULINA ,from Florida is here in CHENNAI visiting us, her fond gradparents.

JULIUS is thrilled to receive one more FAN who dotes on him!

BTW ...here is the original PAULINA( 12 years old) who is the inspiration behind my username!

Attached Files:

4. Sabitha_K

Sabitha_K Gold IL'ite

Polly,

After taking us on an adventurous ride blowing vuvuzelas to the canonization of St.Paul , you invite us to your humble abode to welcome the arrival of Julius.The sight of Juju has vapourized the exhaustion stacked up during the field trip you took us on studying the nocturnal habits of cephalopods.

Radiating the physical traits of contrastive Laurel and Hardy duo ( first snap ) and the pensive Holmes and his protege Watson ( second snap ) ,culminating in the partnership of Churchill and Roosevelt ( third and fourth snaps), it is indeed a great pleasure to preview their bonding days.

What a delightful duo and I am sure they are keeping Paulina busy.Paulina ! My gosh , she looks so BIG now.When did our Michelle Kwan tranform into Anna Kournikova ? She looks very pretty with her flowing tresses depicting the agility of a nymph.When did Her Highness come down to India ? I am so happy that you both are having great time and could it have been more oppportune to have such a lovely family get together commemorating Julius arrival with near and dear ones.

Julius is so cute and he is not only an addition to your family but a great relief to the torpid pet forum which has of late ceased to enthrall everyone with the antics from animal kingdom.I am glad that the pet forum is going to reverberate again with feline fun and canine caper.:banana :banana

5. aruna_077

aruna_077 Senior IL'ite

Lovely pictures.

Your lab Romeo reminds me of mine(Bruno)!

Have fun with Romeo n Juju!

xoxoxoxo to them!!

6. kelly1966

kelly1966 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Paulina.... at last you've emerged.... was waiting for you to tell us about your new doggie... Julius is toooo cute and romeo is looking proud and handsome... I've just fallen in love with your doggies.... I really hope my Harley looks as majestic as Romeo....
    And Original Paulina... is going to grow into a beautiful girl...
    Loads of hugs to JUJU and Romeo and Paulina (original) from Harley and me????...
    K
    P.s I saw Marley and me at last on TV ... and let me tell you Harley seems to grow up as mad and loving as Marley!!!...

7. Padmasrinivas

Padmasrinivas Silver IL'ite

Dear Paulina,

Juju is absolutely adorable, with such long ears and endearingly droopy eyes... all of us at home love dogs but with two little ones, this is not such a good idea... we're biding time till they grow up a little to get a golden retriever... Avyay wants a big dog!

Your Juju reminds me of our cocker spaniel Bozo, a blue roan actually, with jet black ears that literally sweep the floor! We had to loan him to a good friend after the grand-children came along, much to our distress... now our friend refuses to give him back!

Enjoyed the pictures of Romeo and Juju...

Love,
    Padma

8. Custard

Custard Gold IL'ite

Hello Paulina Mam,

Great to see our two Heroes! Cant believe that Juju is 3 1/2 months old now! Its just like, as though he entered your family last week! He has really grown up! The second picture is too good!!! - "Best Brothers at Chennai"!!!:thumbsup

Very happy to meet your Super grand daughter, Paulina! :)
    I'm always fascinated by kids who love animals.
    Very few families encourage their children's natural love for animals.I'm happy that Paulina is one such lucky kid!

9. sweety17

sweety17 Gold IL'ite

Wow so much change from the first pic to the last one. He has grown so much....

you must be having a very nice time with the pets........... lucky you!!

10. meVaidehi

meVaidehi Platinum IL'ite

Dear Paulina,

I'm sad to hear about Juliet and happy for Juju (can i call him that too?)

He is cute and adorable. I'm sure he is filling her the emptiness create by her going away by his mischiefs and love for you and Romeo. He is promoted from lil bro to big bro now and looks like he is enjoying playing around and taking care of Juju nicely. The pampering, care and calmness is so evident in his snaps.

Take care
    Vaidehi