1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

The 17 dday diet buddy?

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by Jayzee, Dec 14, 2011.

1. lakshmilife

lakshmilife Junior IL'ite

Hi,
    I am in.But u need to guide.

2. esbanu

esbanu Gold IL'ite

Hi..
    now my weight is 68kg.. how can i reduce my weight more..

3. Jayzee

Jayzee New IL'ite

Mehak, I am getting a little confused by this website organization. I am unable to find my original post anywhere so that I can edit and add more information there. I would prefer to do that rather than reply individually to all post replies. Can you help me with the steps please?
    Thanks.

4. PinkRubies

PinkRubies Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Dear Jayzee,

I think your initial post on this thread got deleted some how, could you add another post here with all teh information. I am so sorry :)

5. nicshane

nicshane New IL'ite

i too want to join. whrz the author?

6. Jayzee

Jayzee New IL'ite

The Diet broken down

Hi everyone,
    Sorry for being away for so long. I was caught up in the holidays and kind of put off by the website organization. But till the time I can come up with a better website for us Indian origin ladies (time to work on that after my current project in US gets over), let me try using what we have....

First of all -a must for all -do go through the reviews of htis diet by actual people who have tried this. I lost 10 pounds with this the last time I tried it and I know it works.

Diet reviews[​IMG]

Reviews of the diet

Diet reviews[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2011
  7. Jayzee

Jayzee New IL'ite

Ladies, before I start sharing my versions of the meal plans, I would like to point out one thing which might discourage you initially- I live in the US and therefore have easy access to a few meal options that are suggested in the diet. However, these are not things that can not be prepared at home oneself. All one needs is a strong will and a belief (only for the first 2 days because after that one starts losing weight -around 1 or 2 pounds daily :). 1 KG is roughly equal to 2.2 pounds).

We will follow one cycle of 17 days during which all the meals pretty much follow the same style as listed below. The major theme of this cycle is that we are reducing the carbs greatly (cutting all processed carbs), increasing out protein intake significantly.
    Ok, going in to the meat of things now without wasting more time:
    Day 1:
    Breakfast: an omelette of 2 egg whites. You can put in a very little oil (I use a few drops of olive oil -just enough to cover the pan with a very thin and broken coating of oil) and spread it on the pan. Put in as much of onions, tomatoes, herbs,etc that you might want to put in.
    One cup of coffee or plain milk with some artificial sweetner like Splenda (technically one is not allowed to use an artificial sweetner on the diet but I do it anyways).

Snack (either after lunch or before lunch) : any low sugar fruit like apples, strawberries, oranges, grapes. 2 servings of fruits daily before 2 p.m.

Lunch: a big bowl of salad (cucumbers, spinach, cabbage, lettuce, tomatoes, broccoli,etc -basically your version of the salad. For dressing use just salt, lemon,etc. At least one serving of yoghurt (easier to use any low fat fruit mixed yoghurt available in the market).

Dinner: time for some proteins to quench those carb cravings that set in around this time. Though the original diet recommends grilled chicken/fish you can have 2 bowls of daal and spice it up with a good tadka (with no ghee and very minimal oil) of onions, spices and tomatoes. Cooked vegetables -Indian style cooking with very less oil (invest in good non-stick cookware from Calphalon) is also required at dinner. Potatoes are starchy veggies so they are to be avoided.

Other points:
    1. at least 10 cups of water.
    2. 2 cups of green tea (in addition to 10 cups of water) are recommended but not necessary.
    3. Tea and coffee are to be avoided.
    4. There is no restriction on the number of egg whites that can be eaten but still limit this to 4 a day because too much egg white interferes with the absorption of certain vitamins by the body.
    5. Daily 2 sessions of exercise (it can be as simple as walking in place) for 17 minutes.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2011
  8. nicshane

nicshane New IL'ite

im going to do dis. thanks for sharing jayzee.
    but you have mentioned as one cycle of 17 day diet and also day 1. i dont undstd that. for how many days we have to follow this meal plan? for 17 days we have to stick with this same foods is it? please clarify.

9. raosh2

raosh2 New IL'ite

Hi Jayzee,

Thanks for the initiative. You mentioned that you lost 10 pounds in 17 days but were you able to keep it off on resuming your normal diet after 17 days?

10. Jayzee

Jayzee New IL'ite

I started at 149 pounds on, I think 13th sept, lost 10 pounds by around 3 or 4th October. During Diwali and my birthday season, I ate sweets almost daily for a week, had cheesecake, chocolates,etc for the entire month of October. I was also eating regular meals during this time with one small change -being on the diet has naturally reduced my capacity to eat. While I could eat a big bowl of milk and cereal for breakfast earlier, now I feel heavy and full after just half a bowl of cereal. That was a thing mentioned by the author in the book as well -this diet makes some fundamental changes to your body so that you lose weight permanently and end changing your lifestyle as well.

I was really scared to get back on the scales on around 14th Nov but I was amazed that despite my being back on the eating bandwagon (with the point mentioned above, however) my weight was 140.6 pounds -so essentially I had gained only 1.4 pounds back.

If you can, I would suggest you buy a copy of the book (if a hard copy is not possibly, then a e-reader copy which you can also read on your laptop). I am the kind of person who gave up on the 3rd day of gm diet every time I tried it because my food cravings were making me crazy and putting me in a kolaveri state :) . However, with the 17 day diet, the cravings are minor and only experienced at end of hte day -eating hot soup or some such thing helps one get rid of it.

It's a 12 dollar book (around Rs 600 -equivalent to the price of an above average lipstick in India). To avoid any legal issues, main book se bilkul hi minimum stuff likh sakti hoon yahaan par.