1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

that's how i reached here

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by strangerrr, Oct 19, 2011.

1. strangerrr

strangerrr Gold IL'ite

Your grammar stinks; spellings awful; but I am happy at least my brother started writing or trying to…” the first few lines of her feedback on my mail attachment ‘whom I love-final.doc’.

She further queried, “But who triggered such a lazy person like you to pick a pen and put it on paper? Any girl?”

“Not exactly! A stranger in a train travel, 40+ lady to precise… will explain it when we meet” I responded. I looked at the print out in my hand; I felt like it was
    giving me a dirty look as I could not make it any
    worthy”

An I-10 swifts across me and stopped, interrupting my thoughts. I got in and we greeted each other.

“Bon dia! Sorry for the late” he appologised in his crisp Portuguese ascent.

We started dialoguing querying about each other’s
    nativity. He has the name of an angel and face concurred it. From today he will drive me to the site, where my next assignment is.

“What are you going to do there?” one among his questions mid of the conversation made an impact in my thoughts more than required.

“Are you sure nothing? No idea?” she exclaimed with extra exclamations in a typical female fashion.

“No” that was my honest reply to the girl who was a mere stranger three hours before when we exchange :) in YM! and with whom I am speaking over mobile for more than 20 min.

“Let me brief about me” she prepared for her self proclamation;

“I am a SEO, who can help you in promoting your writing; but you have to post it in the domain which I will offer you”.

“Well this was my first ever material and I almost pledged myself as the last. I got a genuine comment on this from my sister just yesterday” I put my refusal forward.

“Ok then! Your wish! Who I to insists you?” a kind of counter more to me rather than an acceptance from her.

”But at least post this in BlogSpot” she suggested and explained the every basic things of blogging, which I never knew then.

“What happened with that gypsy styled girl? You proposed? She accepted?” she demanded for too many personal answers in the very first day.

“Some other day; I wished to be early in office on Mondays” replied with a belief she would consider that as a reasonable excuse.

As I was thinking all these, still I could semi-engaged in the conversation as we just driving outside the city. “How long you are here?” I asked as to pretend him that I was completely present with him. (One trick we do, when teachers give us a skeptical look during their lectures)

“Two years boss” was the response over call to an under-utilised and under-rated Tamil writer, who I met only once.

“But you confused me with the conclusion” he expressed his disappointment following my reply to how long I am writing.

I rebuked myself for not learning the art of writing in almost 2 years.

“I don’t think you have too many readers” he said with a concern.

“I guess you should have an option to share your blogs in FB; I don’t know how, but Google it” he hinted.

I failed to convince him that I am fully engaged in the professo-personal conversation going inside the car, he remind silent as a result. I pulled my mobile form its cover so as to avoid some uncomfortable eye contacts and logged into my facebook account.

“Most of them are posted for the ‘N’th time – some are popular sms since my college days – couple of self proclamations – few real good pictures as I slided up and down more than once.

I spend considerable time these days with Facebook. We gather in some post whenever we could squeeze time and comment purposelessly (or technically can be called ‘mokkais’) among who we identified as friends.

“No, not like that” she commented in one of those posts in FB.

“There are considerable number of men who posts there” - a strange piece of information for me from a blogger of that site & a terror lady, who dare to summon ghosts and challenge them if they have guts to come in front of her.

“Even you can post your blogs there” she evoked the idea of signing up and CCP my writings in that site, which claims it has more than 1,000,000+ visitors and about which I had a fallacy ‘it is exclusively for women’.

“How long more” I re-initiated the conversation with him, the site manager who is driving me to one of those sites at down-town.

“Another 20 min; you think me bad if I ask more about you?” he asked with a sound of sarcasm.

I took a pause and ensured all my backend thought process are over and started telling him about my academics and professional experience with a much sounding manner sans pride.

He parked the car, as we got out of it.

“That’s how I reached here” I completed by telling him how I got the opportunity to be at the site.

He said with a grin “Welcome my friend! All the best here!”

Now, what you would be to telling to me??? :) :)

2. Sofea

Sofea IL Hall of Fame

Now, I would also say "Welcome my friend! All the best here!":welcome

I was initially confused with your narration but it all made sense at the end. In that manner, the under-utilised and under-rated Tamil writer you were talking about, definitely got it all wrong- you don't confuse readers with the conclusion, you confuse them at the very beginning itself:rotfl But like I said, it all made sense at the end and that's all that matters, right?

I like your style of writing, btw. Kinda quirky, even a little eccentric but very interesting :thumbsupBtw, when are you going to tell us about the gypsy styled girl?

(I know what you're thinking. You write 50 lines of words and all I seem to care to know is the gypsy girl, right? Well, I can't help it. I am a girl after all :mrgreen: Welcome to Indusladies! )

3. strangerrr

strangerrr Gold IL'ite

firstly, tkx :) sofea for the words "Welcome my friend! All the best here!"
    and many thks for the commnts!
    may b its time for me to learn 'how to write without' confusing' :p

there are couple more females i mentioned; but y ly the gypsy-styled girl??

4. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Hi Stranger,

Sounds strange addressing you like that. Well, why not, considering this is the first time I am meeting you?

You have a very intriguing and interesting style of writing. Welcome to IL. Looking forward to seeing more blogs from you. Yes, there are plenty of guys here - the
    "Indusladdas" or "Indusbaddies" - however you like to refer to masculine of ladies. :-D Will be happy to see the group grow. By the way, curious to know who this gypsy girl is. :)

5. iswaryadevi

iswaryadevi Platinum IL'ite

Hi strangerrr,

Welcome aboard!! :thumbsup

Yep, as Sofea rightly said, I was confused where this blog was leading to, when I started reading, but towards the end it all made sense. You have got yourself a unique writing style.

And hey, even I would like to know who is that gypsy girl? Probably, you could write your next blog about her? :p

All the best and looking forward to many more blogs from you :)

6. Sofea

Sofea IL Hall of Fame

Pray, no! I really like your style of writing. The confusing part is what makes your writing more special, I feel. Do continue with it :thumbsup

Well, for starters, the gypsy-styled girl sounds very interesting. Coupled with the possibility of a proposal and maybe even an acceptance looming around, kinda generated the curiosity ;-)

p.s: I kinda have an idea about the other female you were talking about here, so there!

7. iniyamalar

iniyamalar Gold IL'ite

Hai stranger..

wow what a read !

I was like scratching my head for half the time, not able to understand where the damn thing is leading me to.:bonk

But gradually it started to make sense....This is kind of interesting like others said and I really liked it(at the end). Keep writing more and yes...Welcome aboard.(எங்க ஜோதில ஐக்கியம் ஆயிட்டீங்கள்ள? இனி நீங்க உருப்பட்ட மாதிரி தான்:))

Psst...I do believe that I know who the 'terror lady' is :thumbsup

8. strangerrr

strangerrr Gold IL'ite

satc/ishdevi/malar,

thanks for sparing ur time to comment (and ofcourse to re-read it, if you did) !

my sincere request to all who taking about the G-girl is "consider her as a kind of gimmick & forget" her :p (as i did)

9. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Stranger,

Feels kinda funny to say so though :)

A very unique style of writing and yeah a lot confusing at the begining but things did come together at the end and thats what matters. I loved it!!

Waiting for more from your desk,
    Akila

10. strangerrr

strangerrr Gold IL'ite

thanks akila!
    will try to post at regularly (as far as i receive comments like this) :p