That Stupid Fairness Cream

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by chinni86, May 10, 2011.

1. SallyR

SallyR Silver IL'ite

When talking about skin colour why do we need to include discussion about importance of external beauty. Can't we just say dark skin colour is beautiful and leave it at that. Because when we mix these 2 I feel the message is distorted, it sort of becomes like saying external beauty is not important so being dark doesn't matter. JMO.

2. brahan

brahan Platinum IL'ite

Was tha Qn to me???(I had talked about Beauty in my Prev Post)if so i shall answer else i will not trouble myself .

3. SallyR

SallyR Silver IL'ite

I can see where you're coming from. I do agree with you that no one is happy with what they have. From my experience from living in the west for over a decade, I feel the problem we(Indians) have is much more wider & deeper than them. Fair girls are not categorised as not beautiful...they get boy friends without much trouble, but in India darker girls have problem or delay in finding a match. In the west movies and TV programs show lot of fair girls as beautiful, whereas modern Indian movies predominately show fair ladies as beautiful and only a handful of leading ladies in the Indian movies are dark.

4. SallyR

SallyR Silver IL'ite

Not really just a general comment. You can answer it if you want, I don't mind.

5. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Spidey...
    wow you have got good humour...

6. iswaryadevi

iswaryadevi Platinum IL'ite

:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup Exactly what I thought!!

7. brahan

brahan Platinum IL'ite

I am nowhere touching the MIL-DIL issues due to Colour differences(as mentioned in other posts) or the difficulty in getting BF/matches .Apart from these,the obsession to look in a diff complexion is widely prevalent everywhere . Only the intensity is more here in India(because of the MIL/BF issues), else all are sailing in the same boat.PERIOD.

8. Vennella

Vennella Gold IL'ite

yes you are right...and i said i can "understand" such feelings. I never said one is better than another.

9. Vennella

Vennella Gold IL'ite

MAN!! that :thumbsup was to take the post in a lighter vein! Apparently that didn't happen. i have no idea what all these smilies are supposed to represent :crazy

So you really believe everyone grows up with the same philosophy you explained above? What you said is true, no doubt. I only think before judging anybody you should be in their shoes and walk a mile in it. So i said, I can understand how people victimized on their looks all their life would feel. What you mentioned about being the bigger person and not point fingers is all really good and we should all strive to get to that supreme state of being, but meanwhile there are states that people go through like anger, pain, guilt etc which I think are normal human emotions.

10. chitrajaraika

chitrajaraika Platinum IL'ite

Chinni what you said is right.Whatever color we are we have dont bother.

Her Mil piggy and ugly.Good joke [​IMG]

Why people are like this and doing color comparison.In that fair and lovely have you seen the model.They are really ugly only after using the cream.They look like a bufoon:biglaugh:biglaugh

Our Color is gifte by god and parents which we cant change but we can maintain in a good condition:thumbsup

Nice thread and a big punch to that piggy lady:rant