1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

That Place!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Srama, Jun 19, 2017.

1. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

As I walk through the park, the first round spent wondering as to why I didn’t bring that camera and the second spent capturing what the eye sees, the mind regretting the missed opportunities as the clouds hover, the sun deciding to hide behind the clouds for some time. I stop. I am drawn to the scene. It is chaotic, very chaotic indeed. Yet I feel the peace. I am drawn to it. Haven’t I known such moments? I know what it means to feel that centered. Why, had I not felt that just that morning spinning?

The instructor is brutal, as always. Her goal is to make it worth our while for showing up that early in the morning. I like people like that, just doing their job! She has decided it is going to be interval training that day. Just that I did not know. I am tired just half an hour into the class. It could be because of the heat. After all summer is here, never mind it is only 6 in the morning. The humidity is already unbearable. As my body tries to cope with the class, my mind seeks that solitude. I am tired of that hard work out and want to retreat in to that center. I want that moment where I am not struggling.

As I watch a marathon session of some sci-fi, I find myself bawling. Okay I confess, my whole family finds me bawling. They wonder as to what is that can get to my core to make me feel so vulnerable and that too in a sci-fi! How do I tell them that even through all those space wars, I can see the core – happiness and feeling centered? I know how it is to feel that way. It is the same reason I call her - the warmth with which she speaks makes me want to tear up. But I always smile because I know there are some people in my life who remind me that they are centered no matter what and if I am open, I can see that. D reminds me that just with her voice all the time!

My photography teacher looks at the picture and goes “what is so fascinating about that scene, that you captured it?” Words fail me and all I can do is open the picture on the computer and finally he sees the bench. I am not sure if he understood the whole world that swirled inside me when I took the picture but he sure seems to understand the fulfillment that bench seems to be offering in that chaotic world and just offers “Oh! There is a bench there!” – Yes! That bench between the chaotic grass and the dark looming clouds reminding me “Just for a moment let's be still, the Head and the Heart” - like a friend always says. There is always that place, in all of us and for all of us!

IMG_1771.JPG

2. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sabitha, I love the way you live every moment of your life so consciously and thoughtfully. You take the time to observe yourself from the outside and to analyse your thoughts.

I can't say I fully understand what it is to feel centred. I don't know if I ever feel centred or not. Do I experience it but am not aware of it? Or is it that I experience it, am aware of it but don't know that that is what feeling centred is? What does it matter? So long as I feel peaceful in my heart, that's all that matters. :)

Srama and kkrish like this.
  3. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sabitha,
    I think you have a better control on your mind even at chaotic environment and so you are table to observe the beauty of the nature.

There are people who start clicking the camera mechanically without even observing the real scenic beauty.
    PS

Srama likes this.
  4. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

Dear Srama,

I am awestruck the way you see things and then how you pour out through words. You are a beautiful soul.
    I really enjoyed every word of it and amazed.

Warm regards,
    Vani

Srama and satchitananda like this.
  5. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Sabita,
    I also did not understand what centred is. May be focussing on something in mind when we are not seeing things as everyone sees. Am I right? Perspective varies from person and in a bigger picture we concentrate on a little thing and appreciate it ?
    You can see exactly that you want to see and clearly explain it ! Thoughts are so clear.
    Syamala

Srama and kkrish like this.
  6. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Yes, I agree with @satchitananda and @shyamala1234 .
    You are capable of living every moment and not only live, but have the rare ability to put your feelings in words. Your post is so energizing and shows how lovely the world still is.
    While we are being bombarded by the many negatives going on in this world, your post comes as a wake up call to stop and smell the roses.
    Wonderful narrative. Thanks

Srama and satchitananda like this.
  7. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Satchi,

I have to confess. I was not sure if what I wrote made any sense at all! As you know very well, that is the way I feel often :biggrin:, so I went ahead and posted my thoughts anyways. Now you can imagine the relief I get reading the responses. I cannot thank all of you enough! I am truly grateful.

Now, you raise a valid point and your understanding of what I am speaking is right. I have come to realize that most of the time either I am on an emotional roller coaster ride or I am acting like a zombie but every now and then, those moments of peace and contentment sneak in making me realize how lucky I am to be alive and vibrant! That bench reminded me just that. So you are right, as long as we feel peaceful at heart, that's all that matters. I was making a mental note to reach that spot often for I know life won't be fun if I don't do the dance with it. What say?

Thank you for your feedback

satchitananda likes this.
  8. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Thank you dear PS Ma'm for your reassuring words. Nature has always provided me with aswers and I find myself completely rejuvenated after a walk or a run. I would say, endorphin rush but I know I don't feel that way when I do the same thing inside the gym. So it has to be nature!

As for taking too many pictures, I have a teacher who brushes aside everything- he picks 2 out of 200 if they are whatever pictures. So I am learning to take of what matters - technically and emotionally for me.

Thank you for your feedback. I am all smiles.

9. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

You are an intensely spiritual person. You give me the impression that the whole life is a meditation Meditation is not about sitting cross legged somewhere, closing your eyes and trying to concentrate but the way you live every nanosecond of your life.

Srama likes this.
  10. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sabitha,

I am reading "The Practice of Self-inquiry" written by Anil Sharma who spent several years meditating and observing things as it happened and eventually, he wrote the above book. He was guided by Ramana Maharishi to write this book.

One of the suggestions in the book to be one with the Universal Absolute was to walk bare feet in the dew drops early in the morning, sit down in a mat facing east watching the Sun rays coming down and drenching the planet earth, apply the dew drops in the palm and the center between the eyes and sit still erect with folded hands touching each other elbows.

The dew drops reflect the purity and applying the dew drops in the feet, palm and forehead enables one to long for purity inside according to Anil Sharma. According to Anil Sharma's understanding of the teachings of Maharishi Ramana, our body and mind function with magnetic vibration at a lower frequency and our soul functions with cosmic vibration. if we sync our body and mind to the cosmic vibration, we get aligned with the manifestation of the Universal Consciousness or Truth or whatever name we call it as. Depending on the date and time of birth of each individual, the planets' vibration impacts the individual Jivas and the soul being all-knowing is perfectly capable of tuning itself to the cosmic energy if we make an effort. Enjoying every moment of spiritual practices including observing the nature is important and eventually, the soul will be free from bondage and ignorance and no one can escape it but only delay it. Nucleus of the Atom is positively energized and all the electrons that circle around the Nucleus are negatively energized and can change course of their orbit if they observe the positive energy of the Nucleus. The same way, the body/mind complex can learn from the soul.

Your snippets enlighten me about the direction you are taking and if you ever feel the oneness and loose the body consciousness in Sahajabhava, please let me know. I am eagerly looking for someone to guide me to get there.

Viswa

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
    girvani and Srama like this.