1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

That elusiveness.........

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Srama, Feb 5, 2014.

1. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

[justify] As I drive home from work, which is less than half a mile from home, I am jittery. The dainty snowflakes that cannot be alike at all and appear so beautiful a white, like flowers in their unique identity fall on the windshield and disappear into thin air as soon as they touch the glass! Now, it is a different matter altogether that neither the daintiness of the flakes nor their beauty comes to mind even as I simply look at the driveway that needs to be shoveled!

But I have to confess. I do not know how it would feel, (well I do and that is a different story) in a longer commute but for the short distance that I had to drive, I enjoyed the ride. Imagine the thrill of seeing everything just white into miles and miles with snow coming down. You know there are trees, buildings out there but what you see is what your headlights show! I would continue the drive, if I knew I am the only one going on that road or for that matter if they weren't that slippery either. I have to confess, I do love those weightless pieces of flakes hitting me when I walk and even more when I run in the snow. There is some thrill in just letting it fall on you and settle down and then melt, may be!

As I sit with my cup of coffee and look out the window, all I can see is a vast stretch of whiteness both on the ground and the sky. But then I am also reminded of the thrill I get every time I look out of that window every night. The sheer whiteness in the dark night, well it cannot be explained! How white and bright the earth looks out side! I hear the continuous buzz of news on the snow and the troubles it has brought our way in a special edition in the background from hard working reporters. I know I need to get out and shovel for they are repeatedly telling us that ‘now’ is the time to shovel for, the ice on the snow will settle down soon.

The kids are asleep warm in their beds. I want to have my breakfast and head out. I am debating between well, cereals in cold milk or oat meal in warm water, I settle for the latter. As much as I love cold milk, just looking out at the window makes me go brrrr…… I am tempted to check on IL one time before heading out. After all I d o have a couple of mails notifying me of activity. I see a couple of new posts and I respond and lo behold, neither the original posts nor the response I typed are to be seen. As I come back, I see the posts on the side bar, I click and what I have written is intact but again not there the next minute! I see a like one minute, don’t know what it is or where it is, the next! Let me tell you this hide and seek with IL remind me of the flakes settling down on my car – one minute I see the flake and the next I don’t!

I settle back more comfortably in my chair and feel my mind drift towards well, karma theory! I begin to smile as I realize that the posts right now feel like that karma that we know we are creating but don't see the results right away! I stop myself for I know I could go cuckoo easily, very easily in fact in this cold white weather, you know winter blues and all that . What! You argue I am already cuckoo. Well I concede. But what I know is, I need some physical activity more than anything else. I bundle up probably weighing some 8 pounds more than my normal self. heading out looking for that shovel. I hear a beep from that phone in my pocket, a notification from a friend that says “our city is ranked on the top for its craziness!”. And why not, what with people like me and her and all my friends as part of the city?

PS: Both you and I know I would post this…all to experience that elusiveness! Now heading out for real! [/justify]

13 people like this.
  2. jasmine25

jasmine25 Gold IL'ite

Wah wah..what a breezy, snowy snippet dear Srama..:clap I loved how you linked up the current IL confusion (me too facing the same..) with the snow flakes..superb!!!

1 person likes this.
  3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Sabita a dear a wonderful write up, me also facing the same problem in IL, but I wont be able to write like you about the hide and seek in IL. My posts are not to be seen.Dont know whether this post can be seen. One post of mine could not be seen by me and Satchi could see it, dont know how. It is like my present mood only, feeling very low .

1 person likes this.
  4. racr

racr Platinum IL'ite

Dear Srama,

Looks like the elusive IL is playing different games with different members. I wasn't able to login,forget posting and then not finding the post! The idea of snow covered surroundings throws people who don't get to experience it ,into raptures.I doubt that people who are struggling with excess of it,will find it romantic.I know,I know..there are an elusive few who would still find the beauty in it..like you,for instance! Its all about one's perspective,right?;)

2 people like this.
  5. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Thank you Jasmine! I am even surprised that you got to read this for I have been not able to see the snippet in a while now. Thank you for your words and feedback!

6. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Viji aunty,

it took me forever to figure out that you had responded! Thank you for your response.I am sure IL will be up and running soon. I also hope that when you wake up this morning you will be all happy, leaving behind that low mood!

Thank you for your feedback Viji aunty as always!

1 person likes this.
  7. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

It is all perspective dear racr, it is indeed all in perception :) And you are right about snow. Now the point of conversation is "is that enough snow or what". People are ready to see some bright sunny days and trust me when I say this, my friends who cannot tolerate cold are grateful to see the weather in 20s! When I say 20s, you know I mean in fahrenheit! IL seems to work at times and be elusive at other times....well I am sure we will all be catching up with one another soon enough!

As always thank you for your lovely words!

1 person likes this.
  8. orchidgb

orchidgb Silver IL'ite

nice write up. enjoyed the description of snow very much.

1 person likes this.
  9. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Thank you orchidgb for stopping by to read and appreciate.

10. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Hi Sabitha,

My mind has been playing hide and seek with me much the same way as IL posts! I start reading your post, then get distracted by Cheeniya sir's post, then go to FB, then to FV2, then wonder what it was I was doing, then come back to your post.

What a beautiful word picture Sabitha. You are an absolute master at this art. I wish I could bury myself in that snow for at least 5 mins or if not that, roll about on it for say 10 mins?

I can fully understand people waiting for warmer weather though. Can't forget that burden of warm clothes on my aching shoulders and waiting for weather when I could just pack up all my woollens!

4 people like this.