Thanksgiving Day Special Contest - Who would you like to thank? - Nov 2011

Discussion in 'Topic of the Month - Contest' started by IL_Admin, Nov 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lakshmi13

lakshmi13 Gold IL'ite

Hi Manjukps

Thanks for liking my post :)

2. Habifarook

Habifarook New IL'ite

I first thank this forum for giving this opportunity,
    THANKS GIVING :thumbsup is great way to express ourselves towards our belongings.

• T---Teachers,

• H-- Husband,

• A- Amma,

• N--Nobel God

• K-- Kids

• S--- Society
    I thank them all without mother we wount be here, with out the support of my husband i couldnt imagine my achievement till today, with my loveable and understanding sons i am happy, with all the support of the society i'm doing all social works, and last but not the least without God nothing is there. so i thank one and all who is related to me directly and indirectly . As we all know to eat one spoon of rice how many of them helped us , so i thank all those who helped me to live my life peacefully. I thank onceagain the indus lady forum to give me this opportunity to thank the world.​

4 people like this.
  3. spuppala

spuppala Gold IL'ite

Hi Lakshmi,

Wonderful post dear..Keep going...

4. lakshmi13

lakshmi13 Gold IL'ite

Hi spuppala,

Thanks for liking my post.

5. rnair

rnair Silver IL'ite

An American friend put it aptly for me; Thanksgiving is a day of giving thanks to everyone who has made a difference in your life. This thanksgiving, my love, thanks and appreciation goes out to the amazing woman in my life without whom I’d almost be handicapped :) Huge thanks to IL for this wonderful opportunity.
    Amma is a strong, focused, hardworking and ambitious woman who took life seriously. I was always told I’m the easy going, playful daddy’s girl. I did not identify resemblance with amma and lived like daddy’s princess, easy and cozy, mischievous, lazy ... amma never complained.
    Then came college and hostel and realization pinches…I missed home, missed amma to be specific…not just the yummy food and clean clothes; but the magical presence, the watchful eyes , the honest opinions, silent prayers. In 4 years, the transformation of a teenage girl into a woman, I grew closer to amma, when she was far away. Then came marriage, a partner, new home, new people, relatives…they were changes I was never prepared for. Career, household, studies and then kids… life demanded more each day…
    Amma never gave me any lessons; she was a lesson, chapter or a book in whole, living each day for me to learn. She had me fully equipped to meet all the realities of life. She is an example and a target alike for me; not easy to accomplish, but ones definitely worth trying for. Miss you amma!

6 people like this.
  6. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

Thank you dear nimitakain for liking my post. Thank you so much.Cheers-Anu:)

1 person likes this.
  7. nimitakain

nimitakain Bronze IL'ite

1st of all very very nice contest and feel good to read all virtual thanks 2 their loved ones :wave

I wud like to thank every body who associated wid me in my life especially my parents, grandparents and my family who supports, sacrifices and tolerates me. Today wat i am is only from them. :thankyou2:

Thanksgiving is a day of gathering within relationships. It's a time when couples, families, and friends join together in appreciation for the blessings that they receive, but also for the gifts of their relationships. Although Thanksgiving day is a gracious celebration of harvest, it is also a catalyst for love and bonding between people. Thanksgiving has the ability to help bring people closer together in their relationships, and to help them to be more loving through appreciation. Thanksgiving is also an opportunity to reflect upon your marriage relationships with gratitude.:welcome

This Thanksgiving take some time and be mindful of all the people in your life, but especially your marriage partner. Perhaps as you look around the table, look intently for what there is to be appreciated about each person that is gathered amongst you. Yes, even the ones that you might have had some difficulty relating with. Set aside any differences you may have previously had, and by loves way, give them some grace. Intently look for the positive things about everyone, it's an opportunity for something to be revealed to you.

No matter who you look at you should find something to appreciate and love about them, there is a reason for all the people in your life. You have been given an opportunity to love each of them, and on Thanksgiving day that alone is something to be grateful for! All too often we choose to observe the 10 percent of the negative relational issues and we miss the 90 percent that's positive, or we overlook how we can actually benefit from that ten percent. Our perception is not always so clear, during our difficult times there is often a pearl forming.

You can comtemplate all the wonderful things that there are to love about your husband or wife on any day, it should not be reserved for Thanksgiving day. However, since it is Thanksgiving, not thanks receiving, you should be able to think of many things about your spouse that you are grateful for. Perhaps you might have become so familiar with them that you have lost sight of some things……… some things that you now take for granted. Thanksgiving is a good time for the renewing of your appreciation. Make an effort to look at all the little things that you may overlook, you will probably find that the sum of them is bountiful and abundant.

Lastly, consider the Thanksgiving meal and the time that went into it. Give thanks for the food itself by way of grace, value the efforts it took to gather it, and consider the preparation time associated with it. Our thanksgiving plates are full of hours of loving endeavors, and much like our marriage relationships, we sometimes miss all the love that brought it together to begin with. Gratitude is expressed by words and actions, but without actions the thanksgiving dishes remain soiled, and without expressions of gratitude, the love of our spouses goes disregarded.
    :wow:iagree:)
    Have a Happy Thanksgiving!
    :thankyou2:

4 people like this.
  8. gayathrisu

gayathrisu New IL'ite

Dear all,

This Thanksgiving Season, I would like to thank my mother-in-law who has been a support and strength to my and my family's well-being.

Right from when I was married to her son, she encouraged me to find a job to be financially independent though she wasn't. She gave me the courage to face the world, go to art and music classes when she did not have time for them herself. She took care of the household for my lecturing career, took care of my 1-year-old son when I rejoined my job, has been one main reason for my career development.

Now, after 5 years, I stand in front of the world, well settled, having no time to look back, no time to spend time with family, and yet she is there for me, taking care of my son's activities, helping his homework, taking him to music classes, teaching him slokas, etc., taking care of the kitchen department,...etc.

I have learnt so many great ideas of managing home, finance, arranging for festives, parties, learning the family tradition, poojas, songs, etc. from her which is the best thing I know could have been for anybody new to the family.

Though I give up although after several attempts with regard to any problem, she is a woman of composure and confidence which has been a booster for me... She will encourage me, raise me to the level where I know I can handle it well and beyond my own capacity.

So finally, my Thanksgiving vote goes to my Mother-in-law, and I am what I am now mainly because of her and her encouragement.

4 people like this.
  9. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

Hello!
    I did not realise a contest being held. Just posted something on the Blog section and I hope I can use the same as an entry for this contest :). If this is a double-up, then dear Mods, please feel free to remove the entry. Here is how I choose to thank those in my life on Thanksgiving -

Like any other day , sun rise and sun set

We take for granted all that we get.

As we grow wiser with passing of each day

Comes a reminder, to thank every way.

For the love, in all shape and form

I bow to you, as you take me in your arms.

To them – I am here because of you

To them – I will be here for you.

To them – yes, I hear you

To them – I hope you hear me.

To Him – yes, I did call you

To Him – I know you will guide me.

To him – walking with me all the way

To him – for the warmth beside me everyday.

To him – for showing me what I can

To him – for teaching me to love me for what I am.

To you – for the nods, shakes, smiles, likes and winks

To you – for any movement or comments on my posts when you think

To you – your encouragement has never gone astray

To you – so I find dirtying my hands in different forms (of writing), every other day and to other’s dismay [​IMG] .

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Last edited: Nov 25, 2011
    6 people like this.
  10. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

Thank you dear knot2share for liking my post.Cheers-Anu:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.