Thanksgiving Day Special Contest - Who would you like to thank? - Nov 2011

Discussion in 'Topic of the Month - Contest' started by IL_Admin, Nov 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShailRaghuvansh

ShailRaghuvansh Silver IL'ite

Re: Thanksgiving: A Healing Process!

Thanks Mindi. Good to see you here. And nice, that you liked my piece on thanksgiving.:)
    Nice Day,
    Shail

2. Geethanjalai

Geethanjalai Silver IL'ite

I am very happy to thank my dad and my boss.

Girls are very close your her father's heart is a general thought. But i saw this at the time of my father's first heart attack. At the time he is in a critical stage and in ICU. My father forget everything but his lips says geetha, geetha, geetha. I can't forget this in my whole life. I Love you dad.

I complete my UG degree i have some family commitments. So i went to one private company. I am girl and also a junior too. But i am hard working person more than my seniors. Even though my increments were in hold. I have lot of pain in my heart. But i continue my job for my family commitments. At that time my boss Mr.Nirmith promoted as a director to my branch. After a 3 months he saw my work and give a increment with promotion. I am very much happy. Because this is gift to my hard work at the same time this promotion lift my life up. I was satisfied all my family needs. He is no more. But i am thankful to him. His sole will surely accept my thanks and give a blessings to me. Thankyou nirmith sir.

2 people like this.
  3. satmini

satmini New IL'ite

Let me take this wonderful opportunity to extend my thanks and gratitude to the one who blessed my life with a wonderful feeling – Motherhood. Yes, I would like to thank my one year old son for it. Oh! what a great feeling and blessing, which none of the mother will deny. The memorable moments when he looks out for me, expects my caring and warmth and bursts in happiness that the whole world is with him when I am near, makes me feel so blessed and be proud of being a Woman. He makes me thank GOD all the time for giving me such a wonderful life and moments – Precious than any earthly monuments.
    At times, I may feel down, sad or broken and the little smile makes everything fine and sets me up with a good mood. So what all new roles he has given me – A teacher, a guide, a philosopher ….AN ALL IN ALL. Yep, he thinks I am the world to him! This little angel also makes me feel so grateful to my Mother who would have gone through this phase, giving me all care, who nurtured, did all the hand-holdings I needed and finally shaped me as a responsible and cultured woman to face the society. Thanks to Indusladies for giving me this opportunity to share my inner feelings on this Thanksgiving day.

regards
    Mini

2 people like this.
  4. ShailRaghuvansh

Hi Spuppala, Thanks. Nice you liked my article on Thanksgiving.

Nice Day
    Shail:)

5. ShailRaghuvansh

Hi Swapnarvekar. Nice you liked my piece on thanksgiving!

Nice Day
    Shail

6. Sriilu

Sriilu New IL'ite

Thank you ILs for giving this opportunity to share and Thank the beautiful hands that sculpted my life and let me experience all the wonderful moments with the warmth of their smiles in the back ground...

I love to thank my parents and God for blessing me with such wonderful Mommy and Daddy...

I remember the day I was encouraged from the other end of the finish line to conquer my fears and step forward to run though I was the last one standing at the start line... U knew I wouldn't win ... U knew the race will end before I reach half the track... But u made me forget it was a race and made me run for the happiness of what I was doing.... Thank you mommy for the wonderful encouragement and your face calling my name still flashes in front my eyes.... I was able to run/win life's race because of you...

For the day , I was sad looking at the report card to have missed the first place with only one mark, you pulled and gave me a new paper marking me Number 1 and comment "moms best daughter..!!" and dad was holding the gift... I thank you two for being My 'Best Mom n Dad...'

Running with the world , sometimes in college I would prepare myself for the best birthday party in college, and u make me guilty for not asking you how I looked.... love the way you would wake up early in the morning prepare my favorite dish 18 years in a row without fail get my blessings from grandpa , cut the cake and a beautiful letter from both of you.... Love you and Thanks to your unending love....

The day I got the Job , still remember the words u told me and the tears that rolled down you eyes... Your life was an inspiration to me in every walk of life... "Work is part of Life... Don't confuse your Life to Work...!!". Thank you dad for spending all of your evening with us from school till college showing us how happy u were not running after work ... For you we were the world ... Thank you for the awsomeness in your actions....

More choices, More additions to the walks of my journey... at every step at every milestone , I bow down and Thank you with a warm Hug... from the bottom of my heart...dear Mom and Dad...

I love you...
    I promise to be the best MOM to my kids... giving them ur values...

kavitha...

4 people like this.
  7. lakshmi13

lakshmi13 Gold IL'ite

[JUSTIFY]While reading about all the people who have been thanked, I realized that even I should thank people who have made a difference in my life...I decided to close my eyes and think of the one whom I wanted to thank... Innumerable faces flashed across my mind with only one thing in common...the uniforms of Air Force, Army and Navy...

Today, I want to thank the thousands of Men and Women in Olive Greens who sweat it out in unfriendly soil, away from their homes, away from civil society. They are there, out in the borders fighting terrorism, fighting militants, fighting extreme climate. The only thing that keeps them going in unfriendly terrain is their love for their motherland.

I thank the Men and Women in Whites who live a solitary life out in the sea protecting Indian waters. Night and Day they keep a vigil and acting as a deterrent to sea pirates.

I thank the Men and Women in Blue, who endeavour to protect our country's skies from external aggression. I thank them for making me who I am today, for making me a part of their family, for helping me discover that I had it in me to be an achiever.

I thank each and every Armed Forces personnel for standing together through thick and thin..for being the family each one has left behind...for sharing the joys and sorrows, ups and downs....For staying together...united.

A big thank you to the mothers and fathers who let their children join the Armed Forces...who knew that their children were going to do what is expected out of each citizen....protecting their motherland and fighting for her if needed...

A Thank You to all the spouses.A thank you for not nagging your spouse for not being able to take you out for a movie or cook up your favourite meal..You are indeed, the reason for your Husband/ Wife's dedication to his/ her duties....

A Thank You to all children of Armed Forces personnel for not complaining that their father and/ or mother were not spending more time with them at home. These children know that it is because of their parent/ parents' efforts that they and their friends have a home...

Finally, I thank each and every person who supports us, the warriors in green, white and blue, in our battle to uphold our country's independence and sovereignty.

JAI HIND.

[/JUSTIFY]

11 people like this.
  8. manjukps

manjukps IL Hall of Fame

Hi Lakshmi,

Wonderful post. When so many of us were thinking of persons "who did some goodness just to me", yours is ver thoughtful and they are very apt persons to be thanked by each one of us.

Regards
    Manjukps

1 person likes this.
  9. luckyash

luckyash New IL'ite

I like to thank my mother who brought me to this wonderful world.

10. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

Hi All!!!

I would like to thank all those who've touched my life some way or another. And this includes my ILite friends too.

My special thanks to IL for introducing me to BlogAdda site also. I started my blog with them and today I've many patrons from all over the world.

And last but of course not the least; my parents, hubby, in-laws, daughters, teachers, friends, my PhD guide, and anybody and everybody who has been a part of my life so far. I thank god with every breath I take for his unconditional love and support.

Happy Thanksgiving Day to all my folks.
    Cheers-Anu:)

2 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.