Thanksgiving Day Special Contest - Who would you like to thank? - Nov 2011

Discussion in 'Topic of the Month - Contest' started by IL_Admin, Nov 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IL_Admin

IL_Admin Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear IL-ites,

Thanksgiving is the day to feel grateful for all you have and count your blessings.

The contest for the month of November 2011 is

Who would you like to thank?

Even though, this is an American holiday, but we all can celebrate the spirit of this wonderful occasion. After all, how many days we get to show our gratitude towards the blessings in our life, like our family, friends, work etc.

So, this Thanksgiving day, tell us who in your life you would like to thank. Also, give us the reason behind your choice. The best answer will win a great prize.

Points to note:

• An IL-ite can post only 1 entry.
    • Entries should be posted only in this thread for it to qualify for the contest.
    • Your entry should not exceed more than 250 words.
    • Best entry will be selected by the panel of Judges.
    • Entries posted in this thread during the contest period - Nov - 1st to Nov - 25th will only be considered for the contest.

happy thanksgiving day.gif

3 people like this.

2. abi445

abi445 Silver IL'ite

Hai Admin,
    Thanks for giving us nice opportunity with such a contest.
    [JUSTIFY]I will remember my teachers and want to thank them. I always remember all my teachers in every year teacher's day and wish them and proud of my teachers. Let me share it here. Alwayz our school teachers touches our heart apart from higher further studies. Our KG teachers are with us, right from morning our entry to school and til the school ends. Simply to say, they are caring us like our mom.So, they are unforgettable in everyone's life. I have a lovable teacher in my KG's and i always want to thank her, because she gave me strong basic foundation and love towards teaching and now that made me a good professor. Whenever i achieve a target, she is my booster and first well-wisher til date.:thumbsup
    It's time for me to thank my KG teacher Mrs.Selvi.
    I like to share my experience too. I worked for 2 months as KG teacher(proud to say this) til my Pg class starts after my counselling. I just moved there for time pass(that too my uncle's school), after entering there i realized the nature of job being KG teacher. Even now i remember all my class students names of KG. Teaching those smart students are great job apart from other higher classes. Now i'm guiding ug,pg and upto MPhil scholars, my life has changed but even now i'm unable to forget those 2 months happiness.
    [/JUSTIFY]

1 person likes this.
  3. ShailRaghuvansh

ShailRaghuvansh Silver IL'ite

Thanksgiving: A Healing Process!

Thanksgiving...Hmn.... When life in itself is a blessing who do we leave out, what do we not feel grateful for?

So, starting from the very beginning:
    Firstly,
    The ALMIGHTY because of whom I am here alive and kicking, enjoying life, living life.

Secondly,
    My PARENTS who are responsible for what I am today, under whose shade I have grown having been provided for, been educated and given the right values.

Thirdly,
    My TEACHERS who have moulded my nature, my character so to say, who have imparted to me the kind of education which every deserving child needs.

Fourthly,
    My FRIENDS during my school, college years and the ones in my life today without whose moral support I would be nowhere.

Fifthly,
    My HUSBAND and soul mate whose companionship, guidance, love and affection is still enabling my boat of life to sail with enthusiasm.

Sixthly,
    My SON, the love of my life who makes life worth living, gives a reason to live life in spite of all odds.

Seventhly,
    The PEOPLE I meet every other day who spice up my life, who give me different perspectives about life as a whole.

Eightly,
    My FRIENDS ONLINE who though invisible share their lives with me crossing all barriers of caste, color, status and the like.

Ninthly,
    MA NATURE who provides me without a murmur, who nurtures me unconditionally like she does to so many other creatures on earth.

And (don't panic, it is indeed the last one!) tenthly,
    The UNANSWERED QUERIES about existence, karma, destiny, birth and death that teach me even without answering.

Thank You Indusladies for providing this forum to express Thanksgiving.
    THANKS TO YOU too!

Happiness to All!
    Shail

9 people like this.
  4. jayan2

jayan2 Senior IL'ite

:thankyou2:hi,really we have so many people daily for helping us directly and indirectly.this includes farmers,vendors etttttttttc.But i want to give my special thanks to saibaba,mangadu kamakshi amman,my parents for giving me moral and mental courage when my son was admitted in the hospital.With their support i got back my son.So only my life is very colourfull.I want to remember them and thanks them throughout my life.thank you very much for giving this wonderful opportunity

Last edited: Nov 3, 2011
    1 person likes this.
  5. shankks

shankks New IL'ite

thanks giving

LIFE IS INCOMPLETE WITHOUT GOOD PARENTS, SUPPORTIVE HUSBAND AND GOOD CHILDREN.

Out of all I would like to thank my Mother who has brought me to this wonderful world. She had to bear all the pain and trouble in womb to bring me into this universe. As a woman Know all the pain during the birth of a child. I hope you would also agree with this.. Also I would like to thank her for making me a good woman and a good mother.

I would like to thank my father who taught me to live with determination and courage.

Also I would like to thank my hubby for encouraging me in everything till today.:)

2 people like this.
  6. sonajigli

sonajigli New IL'ite

Hey der, thanks for joinin me in.
    THID THANKS GIVIN SEASON I WOULD LIKE TO THANK MY BELOVED HUSBAND WHO HELPED ME C MY GRAND PARENTS AFTER 10 YRS. GOD BLESS HIM

2 people like this.
  7. ShailRaghuvansh

ShailRaghuvansh Silver IL'ite

Re: Thanksgiving: A Healing Process!

Thanks Hridhaya.

8. sangsiddu

sangsiddu Junior IL'ite

I would like to thank GOD for blessing me with such a wonderful life.There are so many poor people who doesn't even have the basic needs of life and suffering.So i have decided not to crib about the minor issues in my life, rather to be thankful for the other positive things god has given me.Also why i chose god is because he has given me a wonderful family members to take care of me and to love me unconditionally.THANK YOU GOD.

2 people like this.
  9. mikku

mikku Gold IL'ite

You entered my life when it was unstable; you brought in the much needed balance, professionally and otherwise. We have had our share of ups and downs, downs being the bigger chunk, during our journey so far. We also had the initial hiccups when we started this odyssey (I am certain it is going to be one) and I shall not hold it against you, since I know it has been more than compensated for. When I look back I am amazed at the way we triumphed over the obstacles that were thrust upon us by life. Your levelheadedness and motivation towards the goals and life in general has made us achieve what we have. We are at a crucial juncture of our life today; as always I would like to say that we would, without doubt, emerge out with flying colors yet again!
    They say you are my husband, but I would like to say you are my ‘friend’ for life, ‘philosopher’ (though I am bowled over by your philosophy most times, at times I am blase:p) and but for your ‘guide’-ance, I would have been adrift. My best half, you brought out the best in me. :)
    Though I was thanking you through my post, since it is required to put in words, THANK YOU my dearest! for everything :)

Last edited: Nov 4, 2011
    5 people like this.
  10. nvathsala

nvathsala Silver IL'ite

I thank my daughter who took care of me when i was unconscious during a travel.She brought me home and called a doctor. Then admitted in the hospital [ICU]. Then informed to her dad.The people in the hospital said that she was very bold till her dad came and as he arrived,she cried. I thank GOD for giving me such wonderful child."THANK GOD".

3 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.