1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Thanks to Rajinikanth!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iswaryadevi, Nov 23, 2010.

1. iswaryadevi

iswaryadevi Platinum IL'ite

NO! I am not a Rajinikanth fan and I am not thanking him for his heroic actions in any of his movies. I do like his style to an extent but nothing more than that. So what is this about? For that I need to take you all for a quick ride back in time...Please play some BGM of your choice and also make sure to light a mosquito coil for the flashback effect...

Few (???) years back...

I was sleeping in my cradle peacefully...My mom was so happy and proud...Our house was filled with relatives...It was the naming ceremony...Only my dad was missing as he had some official work in Delhi...But he had told mom that he wanted to name me something related to his father's name....All were suggesting interesting names...and finally it was decided to name me

Devika Rani

:bonk Now no offense to anyone who is reading this. But I really hated this name when my mom first told me...Going back to that day, all were happy about my name...and as the ritual goes, they wrote the name with sugar and all my relatives whispered the name in my little ears too...With happy faces all departed...

My dad came back the next day and (thankfully) he was disappointed hearing the name...He is an ardent fan of Rajinikanth...That was the time when Rajinikanth had also got a daughter...So inspired by him, my dad named me Iswarya Devi :cheers

Thanks for reading the story of how my name evolved...I had always thanked Rajinikanth secretly for naming his daughter such a nice name... :bowdown

Anyone wants to share how and why you were named...do share here :)

sindmani likes this.

2. swathi14

swathi14 IL Hall of Fame

Iswarya, interesting post.

i think this name suits u better. like iswarya bachan - u r also rocking here.

andal