Tests To Rule Out Ivf Is The Only Possibility

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by msms, Sep 26, 2016.

1. msms

msms Gold IL'ite

Hi,

We were planning to go for ivf this month. But my DH is still not ready for this. He wants to be satisfied that we have done everything before taking ivf step. But i am worried as time is flying like anything and nothing is happening. After a long discussion we came to the point that we will go for it once we know the problem.
    I had been to AIIMS last year,doctors had asked us to do so many tests, which are still not done for me. For me, basic hormone tests, thyroid, suger, follicular monitoring and hsg is done. But i have heard that tb , antibody etc also should be done.
    My question is, can you please tell me all possible tests, that i can ask my doc to rule out. So far I am under unexplained infertility. May be problem i is not diagnosed yet. I want to discuss this with my foc. please give me some suggestions.

2. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Tb and antibody tests can be done. Check with your doc on those. Its nothing wrong to hear it from doc, an experienced hand before moving to next step..
    At times it's hard to solve the unexplained category of fertility.. I had that trouble after my frozen cycle. With break, less stress and other things, body was ready to accept the third ivf and nothing needed for second pregnany. Time matters.. Stress too..
    Hope you get to reach the right moment to hold your lo soon.
    All the best.

msms likes this.
  3. msms

msms Gold IL'ite

Thanks a lot @Vasumathy. I will ask my doc if we can go for tb and antibody tests. Will these be blood tests? or biobsy fpr tb or something? I think all advanced tests like laproscopy doctors will do before proceeding for ivf. Because no doctor has prescribed these tests to me. I have been to so many. Accept in delhi like i said at AIIMS in first visit only they asked to do all those tests.
    I know its matter of time but its getting very difficult now...I am loosing my patience:(. Fed up of crying every month:( :(

4. 28neha

28neha Platinum IL'ite

@msms yes Biopsy,hystoscopy test doc will tell when you decide to go for IVF..before IVf there will be few tests need to be done.if you want go for IVf than consult doc ,she may tell you to under few tests next month based on tests result she may suggest further..

dont worry ab itne saal(year) toh gujar gaye aur kuch din sahi ...

5. msms

msms Gold IL'ite

Thanks @neha yes yaar..now it should be kuch din only...every year goes by this thinking only that next year will be ours.But that year is not coming..:(. Waiting for that golden year.
    Back to the question...How is biopsy and hystoscopy done? Is it very painful? Do they give any anaesthesia?

6. 28neha

28neha Platinum IL'ite

Yes they will do under GA...dont worry last month when i went to hospital i saw many girls undergone these test and after few hour they were back to normal..

same here,every year i think this will be my year but dont know when it will come :(

7. msms

msms Gold IL'ite

oh ok. Do you know any other tests?
    it will be good if its under GA. I will go with a list to my doctor.

8. 28neha

28neha Platinum IL'ite

my doc told it will be good if you under go hystoscopy if you planned to go for ivf next month..that why i didnt go for hystoscopy still..these two are major test,other 3-4 blood test i forgot the name:(

9. msms

msms Gold IL'ite

Biopsy they will take for TB. what is hystoscopy for? whats the difference between hystocopy and laproscopy?

10. 28neha

28neha Platinum IL'ite