Ten Rules for Getting Effective Results from Prayers

Discussion in 'Chitvish on Hindu Culture & Vedanta' started by Chitvish, Jul 27, 2006.

1. mssunitha2001

mssunitha2001 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Chitra aunty:)

Loved this wonderful thread of yours so much aunty !!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup

I never had the time to pray when i was working ...it will be just like i light the lamp in the morning and evening....open my eyes and look at pictures of god ...and whisper to god...please take care of all of us today....that is all....then it is rushing todo household chores and run to office.

now I am a housewife.....so i do have quite some time to spend with god and i still my one liner prayer to god is just the same ...only difference is i read a lot of slokams from the books i carried from india. reading slokams is a real peacegiving task and i do it religiously.

2. navs23

navs23 Platinum IL'ite

Perfect ten commandments :thumbsup

Sometimes, being away from dear home and no elders to guide us(but for phone and internet chats), lot of unwanted questions creep into our mind, thanks to indus ladies and Chitra ma'am for this wonderful thread on religion and spirituality.

I am not sure if I have followed all the 10 religiously, and definitely ask god everyday, atleast for the welfare of my dear and near ones and do thank occasionally but not everyday. Maybe that is called taking it for granted, we thank so many people in every walk of life for small tasks of kindness, but forget to thank the almighty for giving us another day to love, live and laugh. Sometimes, I pray for whoever is inside a passing by ambulance that god save that person and feel so contended that I did my part that day whatever be the fate of that person. I have heard that prayers are more strong when it is someone else praying for the person(rather than the person him/her self)

Last but not the least, one on one time with god, prayers and slokas are the only things keeping us sane in this kali yuga. Engayo kettathu, if god does not give what we ask for, it is not that our wish was not fulfilled, it is just that god's wish was fulfilled :thumbsup

3. libra4164

libra4164 Silver IL'ite

Respected Chitvish Ma'am,
    I have never been able to understand how resentment can be a blockade to spiritual power. Can you please elaborate on how can you get peace by praying for people who mistreats you.
    I try my best to incorporate all the rules in my day to day life. I cannot not meditate for a single day. Even when I go for a walk I keep praying; and thanking God for each and everything that he has given me.I have slowly added praying for a few people whom I do not like. But I am too confused. How does it work. Can you please enlighten me. Thanks.

4. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Yes - I have realised this over the years, by experience. I had a young friend, who was childless. Though she fell out with me, I continued steadfast that she must be blessed with a baby. When I heard that she became a mother, I thanked God profusely. I feel rightful prayers (with
    Goodwill towards all
    Malice towards none.
    will be answered, God willing!

It is that, God has His own judgement of what is good for us or what we deserve!!:my2cents
    Love,
    Chithra.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2010
  5. Chitvish

Dear Libra,
    Any negative thoughts, actions, block spiritual flow.Resentment is our negative thinking, rightfully or otherwise. A negative point takes us backward in life.
    It is not easy, not at all easy & far from easy to pray for those whom we do not like.
    BUT
    Start doing it mechanically, more as a 'lip-service' as we refer to.
    Do it, thinking that you are doing it only to please God.
    Do not stop doing it.
    Gradually a new thought process will emerge & you will feel like singing out
    பகைவனுக்கருள்வாய் நன்னெஞ்சே பகைவனுக்கருள்வாய் !
    If you cannot understand tamil,
    Pray Grace befalls my enemy!!
    You will find an inner happiness & also feel that you are a better evolved person!
    This was a technique taught in my Reiki class!
    Love,
    Chithra.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2010
  6. libra4164

libra4164 Silver IL'ite

Thank you very much dear Chitvish Ma'am.I will definately continue what you have taught me today. I admire and appreciate your prompt reply and clear explanation.

7. shree

shree Silver IL'ite

dear maami,
    just happened to visit this thread. each and every word meant a lot to me. this thread can lead the younger generation to the right path. thanx for this wonderful thread.

8. Shakthi7

Shakthi7 Gold IL'ite

So true! I need to start doing this....

9. bhuvan16

bhuvan16 Senior IL'ite

Dear Madam Chitra,

Thanks for your spiritual advise, happy to know that you are a reiki channel, and I have also done reiki course. I wanted to know that you are asking us to Pray grace befalls on enemy, but a girl who is tortured mentally by his Manager (please try to understand), help me how to help that girl, please advise.

Regards,

Suganthi

10. Chitvish

Hi,
    The reiki suggestion is - put that girl mentally in a triangle & repeat the 3 symbols also mentally, praying for her protection.
    More than that, it is not easy to explain.
    Love,
    Chithra.