Ten Rules for Getting Effective Results from Prayers

Discussion in 'Chitvish on Hindu Culture & Vedanta' started by Chitvish, Jul 27, 2006.

1. geevee68

geevee68 Platinum IL'ite

Chitramam
    Your guidelines to make the prayers more effective are just awesome.They are highly thought provoking too.
    Usually depending on my time limit,i start my praying while having a bath.And from there it goes on.Somedays i start early in the morning when iam going for my walk too.My prayers are by chanting shlokas only.
    I do pray for others but not everyday or everytime.
    But hereon i will make a conscious effort to do so in a simple language like u said.

2. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

Chithra madam

very wonderful thoughtful and useful post...no wonder you have got so many fans in IL ...and count me in too ..

i agree most of the time when we pray we keep asking god for something or the other...now i know the best way to pray...thanks to you

3. sweety62

sweety62 Senior IL'ite

Hello Chitra jee, you have guided me a lot in the spritual path.
    I follow all the rules given by you here, but I try a lot but cannot forgive those who have hurt me till by soul. I have been wounded in my heart, the kind of pain and suffrings that have been given by back stabbing.
    I am not able to ask God their wellness.
    If not curse them I am also not able to wish them goodluck. This is a kind of conffession that I want to make as I feel guilty for not doing what I am suppossed to do.
    Thanks
    Seema

4. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Sorry for replying late.
    You can pray, any time, any way. I strongly feel, prayer is our accepting the power of One above us & thanking Him for our survival. How you communicate to Him is your choice.
    Love,
    Chithra.

5. Chitvish

Thanks, SriVidya.
    At some stage in life, we have to accept that whatever we have got in life is ONLY what we deserved. God knows best what our "karmic account" is. So, I personally pray only to give me more & more ENDURANCE for all things (good, bad & indifferent) I go through in life.
    Love,
    Chithra.

6. Chitvish

Dear Seema,
    Please remember, this is the case with EVERYBODY.
    As you go along in life, learn first not to curse them. Wishing them well, will gradually "grow on" you.
    Whatever we give, the Universe retrns to us manyfold. This holds good for curses & goodwill.
    Love,
    Chithra.

7. sweety62

sweety62 Senior IL'ite

Hello Chitra Jee, I agree what we give gets back to us in return. I have always experienced this.
    To tell once I was attending a wedding where I saw a heavy diamond neckless falling from the neck of a lady. She was setting next to me, when she dropped it by mistake and in hurry rushed somewhere. I noticed this and picked up the neckless, rushed after her. It took me some time to find her in the rush when I gave back her neckless. She was thank full

After two years when we were travelling to USA with my kids, at the airport waiting area I forgot my purse on my seat, in which I had Diamond and Gold Jewelery, $8000 and passports when a lady came running to me in the same manner and gave my purse to me.

We are nobody to punish some one.
    Thank you Chitra Jee.

8. sumanr

sumanr Silver IL'ite

Dear Chitu
    Very good points, will try to follow.
    I specially like the 7th.
    I used to ask what I want,but these days, I am trying to ask for more strength to accept what is given. Though a little difficult at times, I realised that this is the best way to live without bitterness or tension. I think I am growing up !!
    I hope those few minutes(hours) between getting disappoints/upset and to accepting will decrease with time.
    Thanks a ton for sharing this.
    regards
    Ramya

9. Muthuraji

Muthuraji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Chitra Madam,

Very nicely you have given the rules for effective results from prayers. Till this day, I pray for me and my family. But after reading your message I learnt that we should pray to God for others. Also I normally chant the slokas and pray and I don't spend time in the way that I talk to God. After reading all the points, I decided to do my prayers in the way you have told us. Thank you. I don't think that anyone can help us like you in all the ways.

10. Chitvish

Dear Ramya,
    Sorry for missing this post.
    You write - Though a little difficult at times- it is always difficult, but, it grows on you gradually & you feel more at peace with yourself.
    What cannot be prevented has to be endured!
    Love,
    Chithra.