Ten Rules for Getting Effective Results from Prayers

Discussion in 'Chitvish on Hindu Culture & Vedanta' started by Chitvish, Jul 27, 2006.

1. meenaprakash

meenaprakash Silver IL'ite

The 10 commandments...

Dear Chitra,

I did read your post on thursday but couldn't reply immediately.
    Ten wonderful points - I'm sure a lot of us over a period of time would've understood the power above us & starte looking up to God for everything. all those points are something we do follow most of the times but the 9th one - to pray for your enemies, that's something I found very difficult. Of course, I don't have any enemy but we do have such characters who literally drive us crazy or go bonkers sometimes & some with whom we don't get along.
    Maybe I shld give it a try.
    wonderful post, chitra & waiting to read more & more & more..........

Love & regards,

2. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Meena, I was waiting for your post !

Since you regularly send the F B, I was really getting anxious if you have stopped following my postings - thank God, you have'nt !
    Following no: 9 comes by practice. You need not have an enemy to try it - let me give you an example. When the maid takes leave without reason, unannounced, we tend to snap at her when she comes next. First " bless her:"in your mind. You will notice that your vehemence to shout at her goes down ! The same way sometimes, we are tempted to shout " fool", " idiot" etc - then shout " God bless you " ! Meena, this may sound funny & silly to you. But try it & see how you feel !
    Please stay tuned.
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

3. vidhi

vidhi Senior IL'ite

prayer

Dear Chitra

I read your Ten Rules for Getting Effective Results from Prayers. Inspired by your post I started praying for others. It is a great experience. Today when I got into the bus I prayed for the driver which I never thought off all these days. I also forwarded your rules to my sisters and my friends. They say it is very good. That thread is very very very good with lots of practical approach. And today I saw the pictures of Jala Deepams. It is very nice and very spiritual.Felt very good.

regards
    vidhi

4. sweety

sweety New IL'ite

Hey

Its really a gud job.I do follow some of them.Sometimes i leave all my burdens on almighty and feel relaxed.But some times i will be tensed.sometimes,though i am really in a very tough situation, i won't even bother to pray for him.I can't even pray wen i am in bad situations.
    Basically, i am a devotee of Shirdi Sai Baba.I do parayana.
    As quoted by Baba:Leave ur burdens on me n keep watching how i solve them
    Thats true.Its my own experience.I have been suffering frm a problem since 7 yrs.Finally,He Himself solved the problem.
    ALL WE HAVE TO DO IS:BELIEVE HIM AND BE PATIENT.
    BTW,can u pls suggest a simple method for meditation.
    thanku

5. sweety

sweety New IL'ite

Dear Chitvish

Thank you very much for sharing these points.

Bye:wave

6. Chitvish

Dear rupa,
    You are welcome. Thankyou for the thoughtful F B.
    Love,
    Chithra.

7. sunikris

sunikris Bronze IL'ite

Thanku Madam

Dear Madam.,
    Till now i have not read religious & spiritual discussions thread.
    Today only i read all posts continuously in this thread.
    I am becoming more & more spiritual by reading these posts one by one.
    U r really a gift for us(Ilites). God only sent u for us to give spiritual knowledge.
    I believe god ,I have faith on god & I pray for others also.
    But i do not do pooja dialy. for this i am feeling guilty.
    even though i am feeling guilty ..but not doing pooja dialy.
    I don't know what i have to do for this. I wants to do pooja dialy
    I don't know what is my problem -lazy ness or nofaith in god. I am confused of this.
    My mind tells me to do pooja dialy but i am not listening & not doing dialy.

but iused ask god dialy to give his blessings to me & all & ellaru nallairukkanom.(plz excuse my mistakes in tamil)

I chant Lalitha sahastharanamam oftenly.I feel very happy.
    some times i chant ashtotrams dialy continuosly for 2 weeks..after that asusual..back to normal...
    You taught me good lesson.
    You are really great.
    Could u plz suggest me How to concetrate & meditation methods.

waiting for ur reply
    Thanku in Advance
    Suneeta

8. Chitvish

Dear Suneeta,
    Thanks for writing to me about how you feel. You are brutally honest about your thoughts & I appreciate you & like you for that.
    There is no mandatory method to pray - do not feel guilty about it. You are not doing anything wrong.Believe in God as a Higher Principle, but worship Him in any spontaneous way that comes to you. People may be chanting shlokas, doing puja, but very often will be preocuupied with their thoughts and may not concentrate at all ! It serves no purpose.
    Whatever may be your way of praying - just thinking of God for a minute or two, chanting shloka, going to temple - do it, enjoying the act,wholeheartedly.
    There is no set ground rule at all - each one's pulse & rhythm is different. Never feel guilty or compare yourself with others. Go about it the way, it comes to you naturally.
    Love,
    Chithra.

9. sanravi_1970

sanravi_1970 Gold IL'ite

wonderful post chitra, thanks a lot

10. Chitvish

Dear sanavi,
    Thankyou very much for your F B.
    I can't make out whether you like the original post or my reply to suneeta !
    Anyway, a big thankyou !!
    Love,
    Chithra.